PDA

View Full Version : Zach Miller to the Seahawks

Bolt4Life
08-02-2011, 03:08 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
ESPN's John Clayton and Mike Sando are reporting former Raiders TE Zach Miller has reached an agreement with the Seahawks.

One less weapon for the Raiders! :LightsOut:

Bolting Xero
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Dangit you beet me to it, well raiders are just getting worse this offseason.

ShockTreatment
08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
"Zach Miller to the Seahawks"

aka: "Raiders season to the toilet"

lol

This is great news.

narwhals
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
After finishing 8-8 Al got worried the team might actually become good so he fired the coach, signed a bunch of players before the CBA was figured out so his team would be over the cap, and then dumped one of their top two offensive weapons. That'll teach them.

ShockTreatment
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
After finishing 8-8 Al got worried the team might actually become good so he fired the coach, signed a bunch of players before the CBA was figured out so his team would be over the cap, and then dumped one of their top two offensive weapons. That'll teach them.

This is how not to run an organization. Haha oh man.

Loving it. Raiders not having Zach Miller is so huge.

Bolt4Life
08-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Everyone's replies make me laugh.

I love seeing the Raiders struggle :)

Al "T.D." Bundy
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Long live Al Davis!

IlladelphiaBolt
08-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Hahaha oh my gosh, I didn't think they'd let their best player on offense go. Wow. The Raiders will once again enjoy the basement of the AFC West. Good job Al Davis. Oh and thanks Tom Cable, way to stick it to the man. hahaha

BoltBacker4Life
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
AdamSchefter (http://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Adam Schefter

Here's the Zach Miller contract with the Seahawks: 5 years, $34 million, including $17 million guaranteed.

YamahaYz450
08-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Thats great news...lol

FrankB55Fan
"I LOVE THIS TOWN !!!!" Thank you Seahawks for sticking it to the Raiders. Makes my day, week, season.

YamahaYz450
Go AL Davis....

808BOLTFAN
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
During the lockout I thought the Raiders would be our toughest opponent in our division. Now with Nnamdi and Miller gone, they don't seem as tough.

Charger Dodger
08-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Sorry, but the main reason why Carlson was getting passes was because of Hasselback. Without him, Miller will be a non factor. Who did Tavaris Jackson throw to with the Vikes? Certainly not Shiancoe.

ShockTreatment
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
AdamSchefter (http://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Adam Schefter

Here's the Zach Miller contract with the Seahawks: 5 years, $34 million, including $17 million guaranteed.

Wth, that is a very modest contract esp for his talent....

IlladelphiaBolt
08-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Under 7 million year is a bit shocking but in Seattle he'll get used less (as someone else said) and he was probably worried about the Raiders with their cap space. Oh and I don't think TEs are usually very highly paid? (Other than Gates) Might be wrong on that though.

BoltBacker4Life
08-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Modest? Gates wasn't that much more and Gates is twice the TE Miller is

Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5362) has agreed to a $36.175 million, five-year contract extension with the San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg), making him the NFL's highest-paid tight end.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/5362.jpg
Gates
The deal, which runs through the 2015 season, is worth $7.235 million per season, with $20.4 million in guarantees, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

RathMan1990
08-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Seahawks are making a push every year to get better.

I like where they are going...

Zach will upgrade that offensive big time!

Da_Cha-gers
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Zach Miller seemed to be a pretty big part of the Raiders O and one of the better TE's in the NFL ..... Thank you Pete Carol for sticking it to Al and the Raiders .... Charger fans appreciate it :D . :Cheers:

Now I hope the Raiders don't sign Kevin Boss (fingers crossed)

Go Chargers! :logo

Nz Charger
08-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Very happy that we wont have to play him twice a year.

Thank you Al Davis! You beautiful old man, you

IlladelphiaBolt
08-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Seahawks are making a push every year to get better.

I like where they are going...

Zach will upgrade that offensive big time!

Pete Caroll is actually doing very well assembling that team up there. He's got two decent enough stopgap QBs and he's picking up talent that seems to be unwanted by their own teams.

57Bolt
08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Miller really made that Offense look better than it did just like Namdi made the turd D look better...wait til raider fan gets a load of Routt and Johnson on the corners....toast time.

gzubeck
08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Because Miller is no longer on that team I think we can beat the Raiders twice this year. I think we can beat denver twice, Oakland twice, and the chiefs at least once. With that we can take the division 10-6. Seattle is quietly getting better...haven't heard much about the rams this year.

ShockTreatment
08-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Because Miller is no longer on that team I think we can beat the Raiders twice this year. I think we can beat denver twice, Oakland twice, and the chiefs at least once. With that we can take the division 10-6. Seattle is quietly getting better...haven't heard much about the rams this year.

Rams will be first place in the NFC west next year with Seattle a game or two behind.

tjans
08-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Good for you Zack.

I bet he's happy and releaved about not having to play for that stupid team anymore.

IlladelphiaBolt
08-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Rams will be first place in the NFC west next year with Seattle a game or two behind.

Nah, it'll be Hawks > Cards > Rams > 49ers but you can't really predict that division well because the Cardinals have a lot of new offensive toys, the Hawks signed a ton of new plays, the Rams haven't made any moves but have the established QB and the 9ers have a new HC.

ShockTreatment
08-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Nah, it'll be Hawks > Cards > Rams > 49ers but you can't really predict that division well because the Cardinals have a lot of new offensive toys, the Hawks signed a ton of new plays, the Rams haven't made any moves but have the established QB and the 9ers have a new HC.

What makes you think that the Hawks and Cards will be in over the Rams?

Bradford had a breakout season last year as a *rookie* and showed everyone that he can potentially be a franchise QB. The Rams just picked up Robert Quinn who was touted as one of the best and most pro-ready pass rushers in last years draft (and is plug and play in their 4-3 D) and he will already be added to a Defense that isn't all that shabby and spearheaded by Laurinaitis who is on the cusp of a pro bowl season. With the acquisition of Walker (FA), Kendricks (draft), Pettis (draft), and Salas (draft), Bradford now has more targets than last year to throw to.

The Hawks lost the Hass who at least provided a veteran presence at QB, they now have..... Jackson and Whitehurst? I like the acquisition of Miller and Gallery to their offense, but their QB situation is completely up in the air and they are essentially starting backups. Hard to win like that.

The Cardinals traded for Kolb and I believe he is going to be decent-good for them in the future, but the shortened off-season is going to severely mitigate what he can contribute to the Cardinals this season.

The Rams have the advantage in the NFC West and will only get better as they build that club around Bradford.

Strife9878
08-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Modest? Gates wasn't that much more and Gates is twice the TE Miller is

Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5362) has agreed to a $36.175 million, five-year contract extension with the San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg), making him the NFL's highest-paid tight end.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/5362.jpg
Gates
The deal, which runs through the 2015 season, is worth $7.235 million per season, with $20.4 million in guarantees, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Didnt the 49ers break that reecord with there guy less then a week later?

IlladelphiaBolt
08-03-2011, 12:50 PM
What makes you think that the Hawks and Cards will be in over the Rams?

Bradford had a breakout season last year as a *rookie* and showed everyone that he can potentially be a franchise QB. The Rams just picked up Robert Quinn who was touted as one of the best and most pro-ready pass rushers in last years draft (and is plug and play in their 4-3 D) and he will already be added to a Defense that isn't all that shabby and spearheaded by Laurinaitis who is on the cusp of a pro bowl season. With the acquisition of Walker (FA), Kendricks (draft), Pettis (draft), and Salas (draft), Bradford now has more targets than last year to throw to.

The Hawks lost the Hass who at least provided a veteran presence at QB, they now have..... Jackson and Whitehurst? I like the acquisition of Miller and Gallery to their offense, but their QB situation is completely up in the air and they are essentially starting backups. Hard to win like that.

The Cardinals traded for Kolb and I believe he is going to be decent-good for them in the future, but the shortened off-season is going to severely mitigate what he can contribute to the Cardinals this season.

The Rams have the advantage in the NFC West and will only get better as they build that club around Bradford.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bradford a lot, but I think he's a little overhyped. People were perhaps shocked to see a good starting QB from a number one overall after having to deal with the injury-fretted Stafford, the big man Russell and the likes of them. He had a good season but it wasn't great. It was a Matt Ryan starting season for the Falcons with less around him. His stats also get worse as a game goes on, perhaps indicative of a choking mentality?

My beef with the Rams is that they haven't pulled in the names like the Seahawks and the Cardinals. The Rams offense other than Jackson and Bradford is pretty horrific... and they're perfectly content to keep their current WR roster. They don't have a real backup to Jackson and they don't have many studs on the defense to help out.

The Seahawks are putting their two backup QBs in a position to succeed. They have a decent group of WRs (which they added Sidney Rice to, remember). They have one of the best OLine coaches on the league on their roster bringing in a guy he's familiar with (Gallery and Cable). They have the best young pass receiving tight end in the NFL. Their defense isn't exactly bad either. I have some faith that this group can stumble their way to 9 wins because they have the pieces on that team.

The Cardinals added Kevin Kolb, the mystery QB. But he's not exactly going against the best defenses ever. He also has the league's best WR, a decent TE, and an experienced coaching staff. Again, I feel like the Cardinals have more pieces than the Rams, and their QB is about equal to the Rams.

Then look at schedules. The Seahawks came in at #1 in the division - that means they draw the Eagles, Bears and Falcons. The Eagles and Falcons will probably annihilate them. But the Bears will most likely pull a 7-9 season after a poor offseason in which they only got even older again. The Cardinals get to play the likes of the Redskins and Panthers (and the Vikings, who will beat them). The Rams get a tough draw, like Seattle, with the Packers (loss), the Giants (loss) and the Saints (loss). I'd rather have the #1 schedule here because the Bears are worse than the Packers.

This is why I think that the Seahawks and Cardinals will contend for the #1 spot while the Rams are going to have a drop off.