PDA

View Full Version : Okay so let me talk to you about the Broncos...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

broncosgc
08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
i get questions here and there about the Broncos and i sometimes see untrue assumptions about what Denver is trying to accomplish or will look like this year...so i figured i'd start a thread about what Denver will attempt to look like this season...i don't feel its as doom and gloom as some seem to think...

offensively, Denver will be 180 degree different philisophically. Denver will be a RUNNING football team. They will employ countless running formations centered around counters, motion, and zone blocking...the line will be big yet still run plenty of the zbs...thats John Fox's MO...expect to see two and even 3 TE sets with max protect, play action passes and screen plays...Denver's offensive line may surprise this year with Beadles and Walton a year better and Clady 100% along with Chris Kuper a top tier guard...

WRs for Denver are extremely underrated...Lloyd led the entire NFL in receiving and he will be complimented by Eddie Royal and Eric Decker, i know those names don't scare you, but believe me you'll know them soon enough, Eric Decker will surprise...at TE we're very deep and athletic...

Defensively you may be surprised. We will employ the 4-3 under scheme with occassional 3-4 alignments...our Dline is taking shape. We have Ty Warren and Broderick bunkly at DT...both starting calibur with Warren being a beast when healthy...at Linebacker we have speed to burn. DJ williams, Von miller and Wesley woodyard are among the fastest LBs in the game. Joe Mays will be the run plugger at the Mike but he is a liability in coverage. What most don't understand is that the 4-3 under is perfect for Von Miller. It allows him to be on the field at the SAM yet still be a pass rushing threat. Our secondary will be filled with youth at safety. Look for Rahim moore, the top ranked saftey of the draft to start along with quincy Carter chipping in with Dawkins. Corner will be lead by champ, and perhaps Goodman again since Cox is in legal trouble...

The key to the Broncos success in my view relies on the following players i have divided by categories:

Players that you know that will shine:
Von Miller...he's been as good as advertised in camp, explosive playmaker
Ty Warren...health doesnt appear to be issue, he's passed physical for 3 diff teams
Elvis Dumervil...he appears 100% and ready to challenge for in sack crown again...
Ryan Clady...people forget he made all pro as a rook...he's 100% now...
Champ Bailey...still a top 5 corner

Players you DON'T know that'll shine:
Julius Thomas...he is a super athletic TE that already with 1st string...he's a stud and you'll find out soon enough...
Mario Fanin...an undrafted RB turning heads...weighs 225 with a 4.3 40...
Eric Decker...some of you know him but he's still widely overlooked...

Wildcards:
Broderick Bunkley...had 1 breakout season after being high draft pick...has a lot to prove...
Orlando Franklin...our top rookie OL, he's a mauler in the run game but must learn to pass protect..projected starter, big nasty dude...
JD Walton...while the oline shows promies, Walton needs to show he can play center at a higher level...

I'm admittedly being optimistic but if the wildcard players pan out, we can challenge for the AFCW...the AFCW can be had...

however we could also suck and i know that but my guess is we'll be well coached and ready to compete...

i know this was long, but i actually left a lot out...if you have questions about any of what i posted or anyhting else, post away...

Bolt4Life
08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't think there is a chance at all this season for the Broncos to challenged for the AFCW crown. I do however think that they are going to surprise a lot of people and go 8-8ish. I believe if Tebow is starting some weeks they will look very very good, and others they will look like crap, very inconsistent. I do believe next year however they will have a winning record. I hope Tebow starts over Orton.

DanDiegoDuck
08-04-2011, 07:38 PM
The OL and the DL will need to play MUCH better or this year will be no better than last year. I think its a really good idea for your team to commit to the running game, I just don't think your RB's are very good....and they need to get some blocking. The defense wasn't very good against the run, which is also bad. I do believe they'll be better this year, because Fox is a better coack than lil' Josh. They would really have to play well to contend for the division.

broncosgc
08-04-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't think there is a chance at all this season for the Broncos to challenged for the AFCW crown. I do however think that they are going to surprise a lot of people and go 8-8ish. I believe if Tebow is starting some weeks they will look very very good, and others they will look like crap, very inconsistent. I do believe next year however they will have a winning record. I hope Tebow starts over Orton.

8 and 8 ish may challenge for the division title...

what record do you think will win the division, maybe 10-6?...

broncosgc
08-04-2011, 08:36 PM
The OL and the DL will need to play MUCH better or this year will be no better than last year. I think its a really good idea for your team to commit to the running game, I just don't think your RB's are very good....and they need to get some blocking. The defense wasn't very good against the run, which is also bad. I do believe they'll be better this year, because Fox is a better coack than lil' Josh. They would really have to play well to contend for the division.

true points...but i don't think RB is a problem...part of the reason for my thread was to introduce some players that may not be well known...

Mario Fanin will get burn...you'll see his ability and plus willis mcgahee joins a trimmed down knowshon moreno...i'm not saying our backs are all-world but your better point is about how we run block...with the right blocking any back will do well for us...

our run blocking will be better, but the DTs is still the question...i believe the DTs will surprise many...

Bolt4Life
08-04-2011, 09:32 PM

what record do you think will win the division, maybe 10-6?...

Yeah, I think 10-6 wins it

Charger Dave
08-04-2011, 09:34 PM

what record do you think will win the division, maybe 10-6?...12-4 will more than likely be the record of the AFC West division champs this year.

IlladelphiaBolt
08-04-2011, 09:39 PM
The Broncos Defense will be better than last year by a lot and I've said that all offseason.

broncosgc
08-04-2011, 09:51 PM
12-4 will more than likely be the record of the AFC West division champs this year.

wow, i don't see any 12-4 calibur teams in the afcw...

broncosgc
08-04-2011, 09:52 PM
The Broncos Defense will be better than last year by a lot and I've said that all offseason.

i like how you think...:)

chargertom
08-04-2011, 09:56 PM

Weird, seeing as how you're posting on their message board. :LightsOut:

broncosgc
08-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Weird, seeing as how you're posting on their message board. :LightsOut:

cute tom...

real cute...:rolleyes:

perryao
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM
i like how you think...:)
It's not much of a limb he's climbing out onto. Any team that is missing a Dummervil will be much better whne they get him back.

ShowYourBolts
08-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Doesn't surprise me. You must be on something pretty strong to think that your team can go 8-8 and challenge for a title.

You're fired up about a coach that just led a team to the worst record last year. Neither Moreno or McGahee are starter quality and Fannin was a fumbling machine in college and not a real good runner either. Ty warren is meh and Bunkley is less than meh. And while I think that Miller is super talented I still don't understand why you guys drafted a 3-4 rush OLB to play in a 4-3, but we'll see on that move.

Positives are a healthy Clady and Dumerville, although he's changing the position he played last time he was healthy and had his best year. Although he played well in the 4-3 too for you guys I think that he's better in the 3-4 role that Nolan ran. But again we'll see.

I understand you're a homer and all, but to think that a team that really stunk last year, that's only real improvements are getting 2 guys back healthy and an iffy draft pick for your scheme, has a new staff (who stunk last year BTW) that are also changing schemes again and has unrest at the QB position will compete with a team with an elite QB that's bringing 19 of 22 starters back, and at least 1 replacement being an almost definite upgrade (Spikes) and 2 other starters likely getting upgraded by Sanders and Liuget is comical at best. ^^^Quite the run on.

I'd say 3rd at best if the Raiduhs suck like they should after another stellar offseason. But honestly you guys should just throw in the towel now and get Elway's second coming in Luck since Orton is the scapegoat and Tebow is......well, Tebow.

ShockTreatment
08-05-2011, 01:15 AM

Uh, the Chargers are easily a 12-4 team if they play mistake free football.

And the broncos are going to be bad.

Sorry :/

The question is really how bad? Will they be 3rd or 4th place. With the Raiders losing key players they may be 3rd instead of 4th now.

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Doesn't surprise me. You must be on something pretty strong to think that your team can go 8-8 and challenge for a title.

well its not that i think Denver is great, but i just feel the afcw is a weak division..

You're fired up about a coach that just led a team to the worst record last year. Neither Moreno or McGahee are starter quality and Fannin was a fumbling machine in college and not a real good runner either.
i believe both are starter quality so as long as they don't have to carry the ball 25 times a game...as a tandem they should be more than capable...you're right about Fanin, but his upside is his speeed and playmaking and he's done that thus far in camp, but we won't know until gametime...

Ty warren is meh and Bunkley is less than meh. And while I think that Miller is super talented I still don't understand why you guys drafted a 3-4 rush OLB to play in a 4-3, but we'll see on that move. Bunkley is meh, but Ty Warren was one of the best DL in the league, nothing meh about that...his injury slowed him, but now it appears he's healthy again...

Positives are a healthy Clady and Dumerville, although he's changing the position he played last time he was healthy and had his best year. Although he played well in the 4-3 too for you guys I think that he's better in the 3-4 role that Nolan ran. But again we'll see. we have more positives than that, but as far as Doom please remember that when he led the league in sacks they came almost all primarily as him as a down lineman...

I understand you're a homer and all, but to think that a team that really stunk last year, that's only real improvements are getting 2 guys back healthy and an iffy draft pick for your scheme, has a new staff (who stunk last year BTW) that are also changing schemes again and has unrest at the QB position will compete with a team with an elite QB that's bringing 19 of 22 starters back, and at least 1 replacement being an almost definite upgrade (Spikes) and 2 other starters likely getting upgraded by Sanders and Liuget is comical at best. ^^^Quite the run on. 1. i don't know why you think bringing so many starters back for a team that didnt make the playoffs is such a good thing...the chargers may be in need of more widescale changes because the team seems to be moving in the wrong direction...

2. yes, i am being a homer, but we've made more improvements than just a couple players...the "iffy draft pick", if you understood the 4-3 under scheme then you'd realize that von Miller fits VERY well...think Brian Orakpo's role with the Redskins but potentially even better...

I'd say 3rd at best if the Raiduhs suck like they should after another stellar offseason. But honestly you guys should just throw in the towel now and get Elway's second coming in Luck since Orton is the scapegoat and Tebow is......well, Tebow.

i respect your opinion and can understand why you'd feel this way...i'm looking at things through my orange colored glasses, i admit, but i feel that with a new coaching staff, and what i think is a great draft, and more of an identity on offense and defense, that we may be ready to win sooner rather than later...

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Uh, the Chargers are easily a 12-4 team if they play mistake free football.

And the broncos are going to be bad.

Sorry :/

The question is really how bad? Will they be 3rd or 4th place. With the Raiders losing key players they may be 3rd instead of 4th now.

this thread isn'nt intended to be about the Chargers, but i'd say any team that plays mistake free is gonna have a strong record...

but as far as Denver, maybe we'll be bad, but i feel i can make a case that we won't....

our oline is young, big, and athletic...we should be able to run the ball with a coach putting the proper focus on it...

our oline has two pro bowl "calibur" players on it and 3 young big guys with upside...we will be going back to more zone running which will also help...

our defense looks to be massively upgraded...first off, capable defensive minded coaches are here now, but we added starting calibur DTs and w have two double digit sack threats coming at you...

Charger Dodger
08-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I got to like your optimism broncosgc, but let's be realistic here.

Horseface aka John Elway put John Fox in a very tight situation. He's putting Fox on a pedestal just like the Broncos did with McDummy. Look what happened right there.

This is a competitive 2011 AFC West division. Broncos seem like they're going to be the odd man out, underdogs if you will.

Fox is going in with very high expectations.

Shamrock
08-05-2011, 09:33 AM
John Fox might get the dubious honor of earning the first pick in the draft in consecutive years, with different teams.

That's how bad the Donkeys will be this season.

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I got to like your optimism broncosgc, but let's be realistic here.

Horseface aka John Elway put John Fox in a very tight situation. He's putting Fox on a pedestal just like the Broncos did with McDummy. Look what happened right there.

This is a competitive 2011 AFC West division. Broncos seem like they're going to be the odd man out, underdogs if you will.

Fox is going in with very high expectations.

there's a difference between competitive and really good...

the nfc south is a really good division as well as competitive...

the afcw is just comepetitve because no team is great...

and i don't see how Fox is on a pedestal at all...unlike with McD, no decisions are made without Fox, Elway, and Xanders all conversing on it first...

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 09:35 AM
John Fox might get the dubious honor of earning the first pick in the draft in consecutive years, with different teams.

That's how bad the Donkeys will be this season.

if we're able to run effectively and play good defense do you feel we'll still be bad?...

Charger Dodger
08-05-2011, 09:38 AM
there's a difference between competitive and really good...

the nfc south is a really good division as well as competitive...

the afcw is just comepetitve because no team is great...

and i don't see how Fox is on a pedestal at all...unlike with McD, no decisions are made without Fox, Elway, and Xanders all conversing on it first...

From what I know when Elway hired Fox, he was praising him all kinds of something nice.

He's taking over a semi dismantled team by McDummy and he has a lot to fix up. If you don't think theres a lot to be fixed up you're being a biased Broncos fan. There are a lot to fix before you guys get into the shanahanadingdong dominating era.

That's where Broncos messed up. Shouldn't have ever let go of him just like we shouldn't have let go of Shotty.

Shamrock
08-05-2011, 09:39 AM
if we're able to run effectively and play good defense do you feel we'll still be bad?...

The Donks won't do either.

ShockTreatment
08-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey for what it's worth Broncosgc, I hope your team does better than the Raiders and with all the mistakes the Raiders have made over the off-season I think you have a shot. :LightsOut:

That being said, your team has a tall tall order to fill. The shortened off-season cannot be overlooked considering you have a totally new HC and a new defensive mentality. Even a complete and good team would have trouble learning a totally new system from a new HC in just a month let alone a team with lots of holes like the Broncos.

If you think Rahim Moore is the answer to your secondary problems think again. Rookie DB's have one of the steepest learning curves to overcome from college to the pros besides maybe QBs. Rahim Moore will most likely struggle mightily if he is going to be your starter at FS. Now 2-3 years from now who knows he could be all pro. But I really would not count on him to be amazing in his rookie season.

Ty Warren seems like a good signing that could fit in with you guys. Or he could be another Jamal Williams. Let's hope he has some left in the tank because your D-line interior is patchy at best. You know me, I was pushing for you guys to get SOMEONE on your d-line in the draft. Either Dareus or Paea. Ya'll got neither.

Your QB situation isn't the best. While Kyle Orton is a decent QB, he needs weapons around him and to play with a lead.

I duno man, I don't share your optimism, but hey, this is all an outsiders opinion and we won't know for sure until the season starts :D

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM
From what I know when Elway hired Fox, he was praising him all kinds of something nice.

He's taking over a semi dismantled team by McDummy and he has a lot to fix up. If you don't think theres a lot to be fixed up you're being a biased Broncos fan. There are a lot to fix before you guys get into the shanahanadingdong dominating era.

That's where Broncos messed up. Shouldn't have ever let go of him just like we shouldn't have let go of Shotty.
yes there's a lot to fix and we're fixing them...

not saying we'll be dominant...what i'm saying is we won't have to be dominant to compete in this division...just competitive...

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
The Donks won't do either.

why?...because we didnt last year?...

what a difference a year can make...

this defense and offense will be very different from last year's...

thats the reason for my OP...to explain some of the differences...

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey for what it's worth Broncosgc, I hope your team does better than the Raiders and with all the mistakes the Raiders have made over the off-season I think you have a shot. :LightsOut:

That being said, your team has a tall tall order to fill. The shortened off-season cannot be overlooked considering you have a totally new HC and a new defensive mentality. Even a complete and good team would have trouble learning a totally new system from a new HC in just a month let alone a team with lots of holes like the Broncos.

If you think Rahim Moore is the answer to your secondary problems think again. Rookie DB's have one of the steepest learning curves to overcome from college to the pros besides maybe QBs. Rahim Moore will most likely struggle mightily if he is going to be your starter at FS. Now 2-3 years from now who knows he could be all pro. But I really would not count on him to be amazing in his rookie season.

Ty Warren seems like a good signing that could fit in with you guys. Or he could be another Jamal Williams. Let's hope he has some left in the tank because your D-line interior is patchy at best. You know me, I was pushing for you guys to get SOMEONE on your d-line in the draft. Either Dareus or Paea. Ya'll got neither.

Your QB situation isn't the best. While Kyle Orton is a decent QB, he needs weapons around him and to play with a lead.

I duno man, I don't share your optimism, but hey, this is all an outsiders opinion and we won't know for sure until the season starts :D

the shortened offseason certainly didnt help, good point...

as for rahim, DBs make early impacts all the time...i can even remember Karl Payhmah and Darrent Williams for the Broncos as rookies starting and being sensational...its Dlineman that take a while to get going...

and you mentioned Orton needing weapons, thats another myth in that Denver doesn't have weapons...the Broncos had one of the best WR cores in the league last year and this year its will again be formidable...

IlladelphiaBolt
08-05-2011, 10:44 AM
The Broncos (in my opinion) are the 3rd most likely last place team in the AFC to compete.

What I mean by this is that the Titans have some good pieces, I wouldn't be surprised to seem them come in second or third in their division. The Bills aren't a bad squad (I might be picking them as a semi-sleeper team, not playoff calibur yet but 8-8 wouldn't be a reach imo). Then the Broncos. They improved a lot on D and can play offense. But the Bolts and Chiefs might hold them down.

The Bengals just blow.

WootMonkey
08-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Broncos are in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes imo

ShockTreatment
08-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Broncos are in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes imo

lol.

10chars

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 02:14 PM
The Broncos (in my opinion) are the 3rd most likely last place team in the AFC to compete.

What I mean by this is that the Titans have some good pieces, I wouldn't be surprised to seem them come in second or third in their division. The Bills aren't a bad squad (I might be picking them as a semi-sleeper team, not playoff calibur yet but 8-8 wouldn't be a reach imo). Then the Broncos. They improved a lot on D and can play offense. But the Bolts and Chiefs might hold them down.

The Bengals just blow.
if i HAD to pick, i'd give SD the slight edge to win the afcw...

but i don't feel Denver is as far off as you indicate...

The Moekid
08-05-2011, 02:19 PM

it's the pre-season! everybody's a contender. we're all looking at the best case scenario for our respective teams. new guys working out, returning guys getting better, rookies stepping in. of course, all of that doesn't happen and plans go awry but props to you for believing now!

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 02:26 PM
it's the pre-season! everybody's a contender. we're all looking at the best case scenario for our respective teams. new guys working out, returning guys getting better, rookies stepping in. of course, all of that doesn't happen and plans go awry but props to you for believing now!

agreed...

this is my best opportunity to be optimistic right?...

a down hasn't even been played yet...

SDCPB
08-05-2011, 02:56 PM
If you don't think theres a lot to be fixed up you're being a biased Broncos fan. There are a lot to fix before you guys get into the shanahanadingdong dominating era.

If we don't want to believe that the Broncos could surprise, are we being biased Charger fans?

I see a lot of "I hate the Broncos. Screw the Broncos. The Broncos suck" type of responses.

Them letting go of Shannahan wasn't the same as us letting go of Marty. Shannahan was getting stale in his late years in Denver.

IlladelphiaBolt
08-05-2011, 03:00 PM

Problem is that you have a rough schedule. The Chiefs eased themselves into being a decent team by beating up on you and the NFCW. This year we draw the AFCE and NFCN - the two best divisions in football. You won't be able to ease into playing better teams.

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 03:01 PM
If we don't want to believe that the Broncos could surprise, are we being biased Charger fans?

I see a lot of "I hate the Broncos. Screw the Broncos. The Broncos suck" type of responses.

Them letting go of Shannahan wasn't the same as us letting go of Marty. Shannahan was getting stale in his late years in Denver.
very true...

Shanny had to go...

now i can understand getting on Denver about the replacement, but the fact that shanny was fired shouldn't be an issue to anyone...

shanny is losing his touch, heck look no further than the destruction he's caused in washington...

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Problem is that you have a rough schedule. The Chiefs eased themselves into being a decent team by beating up on you and the NFCW. This year we draw the AFCE and NFCN - the two best divisions in football. You won't be able to ease into playing better teams.

thats true, but all four of us draw those divisions while Denver plays the cellar dwellers in the other divisions...

so the schedule is still a decent advantage to denver...

ShockTreatment
08-05-2011, 03:16 PM
thats true, but all four of us draw those divisions while Denver plays the cellar dwellers in the other divisions...

Yo. Have you heard, we just resigned Malcom Floyd.

So pretty much our entire offense minus Sproles is back next year. :devilface:

Oh, and we stocked up on some playmakers on D and hired one of the best special teams coaches in football.

ruh roh

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Yo. Have you heard, we just resigned Malcom Floyd.

So pretty much our entire offense minus Sproles is back next year. :devilface:

Oh, and we stocked up on some playmakers on D and hired one of the best special teams coaches in football.

ruh roh
yeah i saw that...

i just posted on the Mane my disappointment...

your passing game will clearly remain lethal...

but i am optimistic your run game will be poor...

IlladelphiaBolt
08-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Your draw from the bottom includes Cinci (lol easy), Tennesse (iffy) and Buffalo (iffy again).

Not the same as the Chiefs basement draw from last year (Browns, the hapless Bills and Texans [I think?]).

ShockTreatment
08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
yeah i saw that...

i just posted on the Mane my disappointment...

your passing game will clearly remain lethal...

but i am optimistic your run game will be poor...

Tolbert, Frank "The Tank" Summers, and a healthy Mathews would like a word.

Oh, and Odim + Todman also wanna chime in.

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Your draw from the bottom includes Cinci (lol easy), Tennesse (iffy) and Buffalo (iffy again).

count that as 3 victories already!...

IlladelphiaBolt
08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
count that as 3 victories already!...

I have faith in Buffalo for some odd reason.

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Tolbert, Frank "The Tank" Summers, and a healthy Mathews would like a word.

Oh, and Odim + Todman also wanna chime in.

mathews is off to a slow start to his career...not calling him a bust yet but he has some work ahead of him...

i think denvers opportunity against SD is to focus on pressuring Rivers without blitzing...

the run game i don't expect to be an issue...

ShockTreatment
08-05-2011, 04:56 PM
mathews is off to a slow start to his career...not calling him a bust yet but he has some work ahead of him...

i think denvers opportunity against SD is to focus on pressuring Rivers without blitzing...

the run game i don't expect to be an issue...

It's hard for me to understand why anyone who actually watched Mathews run last year thinks the kid isn't something special. Great power/speed combo and his balance is gymnist-like.

He was injured for most of the year last year with a high ankle sprain and still averaged 4.3 per carry. I think you will soon see why he was drafted high.

Regardless of Mathews, Tolbert is awesome and we have a few other guys who have been getting looks in camp. Our run game will be more than ok.

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 09:33 PM
It's hard for me to understand why anyone who actually watched Mathews run last year thinks the kid isn't something special. Great power/speed combo and his balance is gymnist-like.

He was injured for most of the year last year with a high ankle sprain and still averaged 4.3 per carry. I think you will soon see why he was drafted high.

Regardless of Mathews, Tolbert is awesome and we have a few other guys who have been getting looks in camp. Our run game will be more than ok.
you sound like me talking about knowhon after his rook season...

i personally didnt see anything special about mathews and i recall plenty of charger fans on here complaining about him...

his running style reminds me of michael pittman...thats not necessarily a bad thing, just who he reminds me of...

chargertom
08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Well, I doubt anyone would see anything special about your running either ... after a 350 pound lineman tap danced on your ankle.

When Mathews runs for his third TD - before the half - against that Donk defense, I'll bet you might see something special then. :)

GGP
08-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Well, I doubt anyone would see anything special about your running either ... after a 350 pound lineman tap danced on your ankle.

When Mathews runs for his third TD - before the half - against that Donk defense, I'll bet you might see something special then. :)

You tell 'em, Thomas! ;)

broncosgc
08-05-2011, 11:44 PM

denvers run game will be better than SD's...

better line and better runningbacks...

chargertom
08-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Should I move this thread to "SO you think you're funny?" now?

Better line, and better running backs? That air IS mighty thin up there, ain't it?

NoShow Moreno? Really?

You seriously think your O line is better than SD's?

Explain, please. I can't wait to hear this.

ShockTreatment
08-06-2011, 01:41 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7G6ciJUMuAk/SoD9uG78PTI/AAAAAAAAANI/6BtwSHhMZoY/s400/not+sure+if+serious.jpg

Tycebrew
08-06-2011, 02:19 AM

Who are you and what have you done with broncosgc?

NoShow has been losing favor in Denver... who else is going to run the ball?

JonBassett
08-06-2011, 06:19 AM

One thing Denver fans can take pride in is having the slowest running back core in the NFL, Willis Mcgahee has been running on one leg for a while now and Knowsho has always been slow. Mike tolbert is faster than both of them lol

perryao
08-06-2011, 07:56 AM
mathews is off to a slow start to his career...not calling him a bust yet but he has some work ahead of him...He is nowhere near even being considered a bust. Come on now.

You mean (or you should mean) Denver's prayer against SD is to get pressure on Rivers without blitzing.
the run game i don't expect to be an issue...Your expectations seem a wee bit, no, crazy optimistic after last year.

perryao
08-06-2011, 08:06 AM
you sound like me talking about knowhon after his rook season...So? I like Moreno. What, you consider him a bust?

i personally didnt see anything special about mathews and i recall plenty of charger fans on here complaining about him...
Again, so? Who cares what you see or don't see in Mathews or that "plenty" of Chargers fans are "complaining about him".
his running style reminds me of michael pittman...thats not necessarily a bad thing, just who he reminds me of...Who cares what his running style reminds you of. Obviously dude is better than Michael Pittman.

Based on your posts it seems as though you believe Mathews will be a bust. We'll see. But it's far too early to even be thinking it and Mathews showed too much last year to give any credence to your saying it. A little RB envy maybe? LOL.

perryao
08-06-2011, 08:09 AM

better line and better runningbacks...Geesh, another Hacksaw impersonator. Tell you what, even if the Broncos have a better running game than SD's (something I highly doubt), the Chargers' offense will still be better.

ShockTreatment
08-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Geesh, another Hacksaw impersonator. Tell you what, even if the Broncos have a better running game than SD's (something I highly doubt), the Chargers' offense will still be better.

I just don't see how an over-the-hill RB and knowshon is going to be better than Mike Tolbert, Ryan Mathews, and any of our 2-3 other promising looking RB's.

Tolbert killed it last year and Ryan is coming in with a chip on his shoulder.

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Should I move this thread to "SO you think you're funny?" now?

Better line, and better running backs? That air IS mighty thin up there, ain't it?

NoShow Moreno? Really?

You seriously think your O line is better than SD's?

Explain, please. I can't wait to hear this.

well first off even last year when our run game was at its worst, Denver averaged 3.9 ypc...well SD only averaged 4.0 ypc...Denver 24th and SD 22nd...both teams had poor rushing games...

the only real difference in rushing totals between the two teams is McD just wouldnt call more run plays...

as for RBs, neither team will be confused with having anything special but adding McGahee gives the team some needed experience...he and knowshon will be a good but not great tandem...

moreno and Mathews both averaged 4.3 ypc but moreno averaged slightly more yards per game...both battled injuries last year...

i don't know why you seem to believe your run game is somehow superior to denvers...

the difference is this year denver has put a lot of focus on improving the run game...we will run the ball a lot more and we've made needed adjustments to the o-line to improve the run game...

this was an easy one to explain Tom...

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 10:20 AM
So? I like Moreno. What, you consider him a bust?
Again, so? Who cares what you see or don't see in Mathews or that "plenty" of Chargers fans are "complaining about him".
Who cares what his running style reminds you of. Obviously dude is better than Michael Pittman.

Based on your posts it seems as though you believe Mathews will be a bust. We'll see. But it's far too early to even be thinking it and Mathews showed too much last year to give any credence to your saying it. A little RB envy maybe? LOL.

i don't mean anything by my comments on mathews...if he does well, good for him...

but you need to look at the numbers...mathews hasnt done anything to be considered obviously better than pittman...

but i am not biased, i admit knowshon has been the same...

when either of those backs actually start producing at a high level, then i'll give them credit...

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 10:29 AM
just to show i'm not trolling (although most of you know me better than that anyhow)...

i'm willing to take on sig bets...

denver's run game will be better than SD's this year...

name your terms...

JCDavey
08-06-2011, 10:33 AM
i don't see why denver won't have a better run game than sd

isn't that what fox does?

we have rivers, they've kinda got qb turmoil

Charger Dave
08-06-2011, 10:45 AM
i don't mean anything by my comments on mathews...if he does well, good for him...

but you need to look at the numbers...mathews hasnt done anything to be considered obviously better than pittman...

when either of those backs actually start producing at a high level, then i'll give them credit...I have the same good thoughts about Mathews "capability" as I've had for Larry English on the other side of the ball - BUT until both actually show it on the field.... potential doesn't put points on the scoreboard or defend against them - performance does.

RD1040
08-06-2011, 11:04 AM
John Fox's coaching record in Carolina from Wikipedia.

YEAR W / L
2002 7 / 9
2003 11 / 5
2004 7 / 9
2006 8 / 8
2007 7 / 9
2008 12 / 4
2009 8 / 8
2010 2 / 14

In 2001, Carolina was 1 / 15 under George Seifert. Two years later he took them to the Super Bowl which they lost to New England.

What's he going to do in Denver? I'll just take a wait and see attitude.

chargertom
08-06-2011, 11:08 AM
So Fox is a run first coach, and has been tooling your offense for the run.

SD is a throw first team, and with our offense you should expect the same this year.

So ... keeping that in mind, would you really be that surprised if Denver had more rushing yards than SD? :confused:

But as far as having "better" backs than SD ... I'd say until the season is over and you have individual stats to compare ... that's all pure speculation at this point. I will say that if you're ready to write off Mathews as a bust .. you're definitely in the minority.

With his high ankle sprain healed, and no sign of his elbow cast ... I think you're gonna see a pretty beastly RB in that kid this year. IF he stays healthy, he should have no problem surpassing NoShow or Willis "I'm the best RB in the NFL" McGahee in the YPC category.

JCDavey
08-06-2011, 11:12 AM
John Fox's coaching record in Carolina from Wikipedia.

YEAR W / L
2002 7 / 9
2003 11 / 5
2004 7 / 9
2006 8 / 8
2007 7 / 9
2008 12 / 4
2009 8 / 8
2010 2 / 14

In 2001, Carolina was 1 / 15 under George Seifert. Two years later he took them to the Super Bowl which they lost to New England.

What's he going to do in Denver? I'll just take a wait and see attitude.aside from the 2-14 year, that looks like a marty schottenheimer list of coaching years lol

up down up down

JCDavey
08-06-2011, 11:18 AM
i don't see how anyone can label mathews a bust

he had a solid yards per carry his rookie season

the fumbling is something alot of rookies go through

after that, the only question is his health

but i mean, 678 yards on 158 carries isn't bad at all

that averages out to 1376 yards if given 20 carries a game in a full season

the same ypc as chris johnson last year, and a higher ypc than michael turner

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
So Fox is a run first coach, and has been tooling your offense for the run.

SD is a throw first team, and with our offense you should expect the same this year.

So ... keeping that in mind, would you really be that surprised if Denver had more rushing yards than SD? :confused:

But as far as having "better" backs than SD ... I'd say until the season is over and you have individual stats to compare ... that's all pure speculation at this point. I will say that if you're ready to write off Mathews as a bust .. you're definitely in the minority.

With his high ankle sprain healed, and no sign of his elbow cast ... I think you're gonna see a pretty beastly RB in that kid this year. IF he stays healthy, he should have no problem surpassing NoShow or Willis "I'm the best RB in the NFL" McGahee in the YPC category.

i'm not calling mathews a bust...at least not yet...

its early and he has a chance to be good but i need to see it before declaring how great he is...

i made that mistake with moreno...

speaking of moreno, he is SUPER trim this year, he is poised to have a break out year...

if moreno doesnt do it his year, he never will...

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I have the same good thoughts about Mathews "capability" as I've had for Larry English on the other side of the ball - BUT until both actually show it on the field.... potential doesn't put points on the scoreboard or defend against them - performance does.
agreed, i made that mistake when moreno was drafted...

i crowned the guy way too early...

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 11:36 AM
i don't see why denver won't have a better run game than sd

isn't that what fox does?

exactly...

shouldnt be a surpise to anyone if Denver's run game is better...

but SD's overall offense will be much more potent...

JCDavey
08-06-2011, 11:51 AM
i'm not calling mathews a bust...at least not yet...

its early and he has a chance to be good but i need to see it before declaring how great he is...

i made that mistake with moreno...

speaking of moreno, he is SUPER trim this year, he is poised to have a break out year...

if moreno doesnt do it his year, he never will...i don't see a problem with moreno really, he also had a 4.3 ypc last year

he should love being in a fox offense

perryao
08-06-2011, 01:54 PM
i don't mean anything by my comments on mathews...if he does well, good for him...You just seem to be judging him pretty harshly after one year in the league, and an injury plagued one at that. Give the dude a chance.

That is so ridiculous it's almost not worth commenting on. You are comparing numbers of a career journeyman who came into the league unheralded to a consensus rookie of the year candidate (CANDIDATE) who showed flashes of brilliance. Come on now.

Your bias is not evident when comparing him to Moreno, it is when you judge Mathews so harshly after one season and compare him to Michael Pittman.
when either of those backs actually start producing at a high level, then i'll give them credit...I don't know about Moreno, because I don't pay that much attention to the Broncos, but although I'm not asking you to give credit to either for "producing at a high level" I do believe that you are being too harsh in your early judgement on both players, RM in particular.

perryao
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
just to show i'm not trolling (although most of you know me better than that anyhow)...

i'm willing to take on sig bets...

denver's run game will be better than SD's this year...

name your terms...How about who has the better offense? Who cares who has the better run game?

P.S. I believe that you are a troll.

chargerbomb
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
How about who has the better offense? Who cares who has the better run game?

Broncosgc isn't a troll, he's just a little bit of a homer. Don't hate on the guy for liking his team and buying into the preseason hype. We've all done that before.

chargerbomb
08-06-2011, 03:22 PM
To jump into the fray a little bit, here are the problems I see with the Broncos:

The defense is bad until proven otherwise. The Broncos fans always seem to think that they can fix their defensive line problems in free agency, and they are always disappointed. Last year Bannan, Green and Jamal Williams were supposed to shore up the line and make them so tough against the run. Turns out those guys were washed up, as is often the case when aging linemen get cut. In years past it was guys like Dewayne Robertson and Courtney Brown. So pardon me if I don't believe that Warren and Bunkley are gonna fix that awful line.

Miller looks like a beast (although out of position), and we know what Doom can do. Champ is still good, although he's slowing down. The problem is a lack of quality depth. Doom went down and that D just went to ****.

On offense, yeah, they are gonna be a run-first team. Too bad that offensive line ain't what it used to be. They were bad last season, and they lost their best linemen in Ryan Harris. What about Clady? He stunk last season, and he wasn't very good the year before. He's living off the hype he built from a great rookie year. I know he was injured, but there is no guarantee he'll be any better this season. Walton and Beadles were really bad last year, and now they are adding a rookie RT into the mix. Compounding the problems are the scheme change.

Without participating in the pissing match about Moreno and Mathews, let's just say that Moreno and McGahee make up one of the worst backfields in the league, by my estimation. I'd be a lot more worried if the Broncos had landed Deangelo Williams.

John Fox is a solid, conservative coach. He might get the Broncos playing respectably in a few years, but with the crappy talent, scheme change and short training camp, the Broncos are set to be one of the worst teams in the league again this year. The Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs are simply bigger, stronger and more physical up front, on both sides of the ball.

pacstud
08-06-2011, 03:47 PM
To jump into the fray a little bit, here are the problems I see with the Broncos:

The defense is bad until proven otherwise. The Broncos fans always seem to think that they can fix their defensive line problems in free agency, and they are always disappointed. Last year Bannan, Green and Jamal Williams were supposed to shore up the line and make them so tough against the run. Turns out those guys were washed up, as is often the case when aging linemen get cut. In years past it was guys like Dewayne Robertson and Courtney Brown. So pardon me if I don't believe that Warren and Bunkley are gonna fix that awful line.

Miller looks like a beast (although out of position), and we know what Doom can do. Champ is still good, although he's slowing down. The problem is a lack of quality depth. Doom went down and that D just went to ****.

On offense, yeah, they are gonna be a run-first team. Too bad that offensive line ain't what it used to be. They were bad last season, and they lost their best linemen in Ryan Harris. What about Clady? He stunk last season, and he wasn't very good the year before. He's living off the hype he built from a great rookie year. I know he was injured, but there is no guarantee he'll be any better this season. Walton and Beadles were really bad last year, and now they are adding a rookie RT into the mix. Compounding the problems are the scheme change.

Without participating in the pissing match about Moreno and Mathews, let's just say that Moreno and McGahee make up one of the worst backfields in the league, by my estimation. I'd be a lot more worried if the Broncos had landed Deangelo Williams.

John Fox is a solid, conservative coach. He might get the Broncos playing respectably in a few years, but with the crappy talent, scheme change and short training camp, the Broncos are set to be one of the worst teams in the league again this year. The Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs are simply bigger, stronger and more physical up front, on both sides of the ball.

Agreed.

(I like your posts better when you are deconstructing a team other than the Chargers :D )

Dojo
08-06-2011, 03:48 PM
The broncos have a new coach and very little time to learn the system. It's that simple. They will look very sloppy while teams that are well established are the ones that are going to be competing for superbowl

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 03:57 PM
How about who has the better offense? Who cares who has the better run game?

i'd love to know your definition of troll, if according to you i'm one...

apparently its an opposing fan with an opposing view...

disappointing...

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Broncosgc isn't a troll, he's just a little bit of a homer. Don't hate on the guy for liking his team and buying into the preseason hype. We've all done that before.

thanks...

it appears i'll have to refrain from replying to perry's posts...

i been here since 05 and have said as many good things about SD as bad...

there are some posters that tolerate me when i have positive statements about the chargers but the moment i say anything thats not flattering i'm just a troll...i'm just giving my opinion...

i cannot respect that type of poster...

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 04:14 PM

not surprisingly, i disagree with much of this...

moreno and mcgahee should be a solid tandem...

Clady was by no means horrible last year and ryan harris was far from our best lineman...harris hasnt been really effective since 08...clady wasn't back to full form last year, but still was a top 10 Tackle...and now he's 100%...

also you overlooked Kuper whom last year may have been our best lineman...

i understand your point about FA fixing our defense, and you have a point...i believe our line will be better since we have defensive experts actually selecting and coaching them this time...also, our draft was heavy defense and you'll see youth throughout our whole defense now...

walton and beadles did struggle but they are a year better in a scheme that may be a better fit...we'll see...

i'm clearly taking an optimistic view on our chances...but i believe we'll have a chance to compete this year...

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Broncos had their scrimmage today, figure i'll give a brief update to anyone interested...

my enthusiasm was a bit curbed from it...

Orton was okay, but he was sacked twice by a backup dline...i actually have more of an issue with orton's lack of mobility on them than the o-line...

Tebow struggled, but largely due to our 2nd string oline getting murdered by the 1st string pass rush...i happy that Dumervil and Miller looked dominant, esp Doom with 3 sacks!...but my bigger concern is our lack of depth on the o-line...plus, tebow didnt do anything to help his case in the qb competition either...i'd like to see what he does with 1st string reps but oh well...

moreno had a good day, broke a long run for 45 yds, but our short yardage didnt stand out in the limited opportunity given...

i'm currently concerned about the oline depth, tebow's progression, and orton's lack of mobility...

the only thing encouraging from this scrimmage to me was our pass rush and knowshon...

if any questions, fire away...

ArgersChayFan
08-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Agreed.

(I like your posts better when you are deconstructing a team other than the Chargers :D )

Amazing how I was thinking the exact same thing.

Charger Dave
08-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Broncos had their scrimmage today, figure i'll give a brief update to anyone interested...

my enthusiasm was a bit curbed from it...

Orton was okay, but he was sacked twice by a backup dline...i actually have more of an issue with orton's lack of mobility on them than the o-line...

Tebow struggled, but largely due to our 2nd string oline getting murdered by the 1st string pass rush...i happy that Dumervil and Miller looked dominant, esp Doom with 3 sacks!...but my bigger concern is our lack of depth on the o-line...plus, tebow didnt do anything to help his case in the qb competition either...i'd like to see what he does with 1st string reps but oh well...

moreno had a good day, broke a long run for 45 yds, but our short yardage didnt stand out in the limited opportunity given...

i'm currently concerned about the oline depth, tebow's progression, and orton's lack of mobility...

the only thing encouraging from this scrimmage to me was our pass rush and knowshon...

if any questions, fire away...I'll play Mediot: How hard is it on you as a fan to have a QB controversy? (O-Line and protecting whomever is back there isn't news worthy in today's media - so I can't ask about them). ;)

chargerbomb
08-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Amazing how I was thinking the exact same thing.

Haha, thanks:Cheers: Your and Pacstud's approval means a lot (no sarcasm).

Point taken about being too negative. For the record, I like the moves we made this offseason and I'm pretty optimistic about the bolts prospects this year.

broncosgc
08-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I'll play Mediot: How hard is it on you as a fan to have a QB controversy? (O-Line and protecting whomever is back there isn't news worthy in today's media - so I can't ask about them). ;)

i dislike it...

it sucks and i havent experienced anything like this as a fan...

griese/brister and plummer/cutler don't come close to the national scrutiny of this one...

i just wish orton was traded as expected so tebow could just focus on getting better without the qb controversy...either way he'd be heavily scrutinized but at least he'd be the guy...

ArgersChayFan
08-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Haha, thanks:Cheers: Your and Pacstud's approval means a lot (no sarcasm).

Point taken about being too negative. For the record, I like the moves we made this offseason and I'm pretty optimistic about the bolts prospects this year.

That's so cool. Thanks :Cheers:

I love your second paragraph!

ODonnell
08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
i dislike it...

it sucks and i havent experienced anything like this as a fan...

griese/brister and plummer/cutler don't come close to the national scrutiny of this one...

i just wish orton was traded as expected so tebow could just focus on getting better without the qb controversy...either way he'd be heavily scrutinized but at least he'd be the guy...

As much as I hate to admit it, I can't help but like Tebow. He just seems like natural leader on the field and a cool guy off the field. I think he could do big things for your team, if he was given the opportunity to start. Obviously, it would take him awhile to find his groove, but he seems like he wants to learn. Orton is a good QB, but he doesn't seem to have that same kind of fire. He seems almost robotic on the field. Like Eli Manning.

IlladelphiaBolt
08-07-2011, 10:18 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I can't help but like Tebow. He just seems like natural leader on the field and a cool guy off the field. I think he could do big things for your team, if he was given the opportunity to start. Obviously, it would take him awhile to find his groove, but he seems like he wants to learn. Orton is a good QB, but he doesn't seem to have that same kind of fire. He seems almost robotic on the field. Like Eli Manning.

Tebow is a good character. I want him to do well. I don't want the Broncos to beat the Chargers but I like Tim Tebow.

More than I like Tebow though, I hate the unnecessary hate of him. He had some good games last season with a random RB coach coaching his team. But people just seem to hate on him unnecessarily. Even the criticisms of him aren't in the same "tone" that other players get from places like ESPN.

JCDavey
08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Tebow is a good character. I want him to do well. I don't want the Broncos to beat the Chargers but I like Tim Tebow.

More than I like Tebow though, I hate the unnecessary hate of him. He had some good games last season with a random RB coach coaching his team. But people just seem to hate on him unnecessarily. Even the criticisms of him aren't in the same "tone" that other players get from places like ESPN.

i think his accuracy issues are a legit concern

but hating on him for other reasons doesn't make sense, because he's very similar to rivers as a person.

aside from he has speed rivers doesn't, rivers has several kids, tim's...well you know lol

IlladelphiaBolt
08-08-2011, 08:34 AM
i think his accuracy issues are a legit concern

but hating on him for other reasons doesn't make sense, because he's very similar to rivers as a person.

aside from he has speed rivers doesn't, rivers has several kids, tim's...well you know lol

Yeah but how many QBs do you see Merill Hoge saying "shouldn't even be in the NFL"?

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 10:50 AM

agreed...

orton is the better qb but i don't see us going anywhere with him at the helm...

with tebow, i'm infatuated with the "unknown" factor, so i want him to start...

orton i've seen...

nothing unknown about him...he's an avg to slightly above avg starter...

charger1_sj
08-08-2011, 11:27 AM
The Broncos have to be better at rushing the football than the Chargers in order to be competitive. However that may turn out to be wishful thinking on Broncosgc's part.

I don't see the Broncos breaking the 8-8 mark this year and a lot will depend on how they start the season.

As far as the AFC West goes it's the Chargers to lose once again. A 10-6 record could win the D, but I think the winner goes at least 11-5 this year. Oakland is the wild card. KC will struggle with the schedule especially on the road.

It's SD battling KC for 1st while Oakland/Denver go for 3rd place.

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 11:30 AM
The Broncos have to be better at rushing the football than the Chargers in order to be competitive. However that may turn out to be wishful thinking on Broncosgc's part.

I don't see the Broncos breaking the 8-8 mark this year and a lot will depend on how they start the season.

As far as the AFC West goes it's the Chargers to lose once again. A 10-6 record could win the D, but I think the winner goes at least 11-5 this year. Oakland is the wild card. KC will struggle with the schedule especially on the road.

It's SD battling KC for 1st while Oakland/Denver go for 3rd place.

this is the conventional logic...

but with that said, often times the expected outcome isn't how it plays out at all...

charger1_sj
08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
this is the conventional logic...

but with that said, often times the expected outcome isn't how it plays out at all...

Yes but you have a Qb contraversy brewing and a new HC. A fast start is essential for the Broncos in order to have a successful season. If you can't run the ball effectively you'll be in trouble in short order, I don't see that changing and it's not because of your receivers.

I think you're defense will have to play a huge roll in order to have the season be successful. Not sure they'll be able to turn in around in one year.

In other words you're a team in transition. Hard to say when you'll turn the corner, perhaps later this year or not at all at least not this year.

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Yes but you have a Qb contraversy brewing and a new HC. A fast start is essential for the Broncos in order to have a successful season. If you can't run the ball effectively you'll be in trouble in short order, I don't see that changing and it's not because of your receivers.

I think you're defense will have to play a huge roll in order to have the season be successful. Not sure they'll be able to turn in around in one year.

In other words you're a team in transition. Hard to say when you'll turn the corner, perhaps later this year or not at all at least not this year.

you and i both know that what you're saying is exactly right, you know your stuff...

but since the season hasn't started i'm gonna be overly optimistic...

one thing i think we'll have for sure is a pass rush...you guys better be ready, we're gonna get after the QB, i truly believe that...

as far as stopping the run and running the ball effectively, i'm in pretty much "hope mode" on that one...i hope we'll run the ball and stop the run in 2011...

charger1_sj
08-08-2011, 12:59 PM
you and i both know that what you're saying is exactly right, you know your stuff...

but since the season hasn't started i'm gonna be overly optimistic...

one thing i think we'll have for sure is a pass rush...you guys better be ready, we're gonna get after the QB, i truly believe that...

as far as stopping the run and running the ball effectively, i'm in pretty much "hope mode" on that one...i hope we'll run the ball and stop the run in 2011...

It's not just the Broncos. Everybody pretty much knows that if PR has time he'll destroy you and it almost doesn't matter who his receivers are (there are exceptions to this as some defenses have excellent DBs).
So every team is out to pressure Rivers. As a result I'm pretty sure we'll see more emphasis on running the ball and using our RBs as receivers.

I think with the Chargers O a lot depends on Gates. A healthy Gates spells trouble for any defense.

LOL, everybody starts at 0-0 and we that in the NFL anything can happen. Everybody is tied for first so we all should be happy.

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 01:40 PM
It's not just the Broncos. Everybody pretty much knows that if PR has time he'll destroy you and it almost doesn't matter who his receivers are (there are exceptions to this as some defenses have excellent DBs).
So every team is out to pressure Rivers. As a result I'm pretty sure we'll see more emphasis on running the ball and using our RBs as receivers.

I think with the Chargers O a lot depends on Gates. A healthy Gates spells trouble for any defense.

LOL, everybody starts at 0-0 and we that in the NFL anything can happen. Everybody is tied for first so we all should be happy.

agreed......

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
i'm willing to sig bet anyone that Denver will have more sacks than SD this season..

the broncos were the worst team in the league in sacks last year, so this is a no brainer for you, right?...

ShockTreatment
08-08-2011, 01:50 PM
i'm willing to sig bet anyone that Denver will have more sacks than SD this season..

the broncos were the worst team in the league in sacks last year, so this is a no brainer for you, right?...

0.o

Not sure what a sig bet is, but I'll take you up on that.

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 02:07 PM
0.o

Not sure what a sig bet is, but I'll take you up on that.
signature bet...

as i look, i don't notice anyone with sigs...have they been disable?...

if so, i'll do an avy bet...

chargerbomb
08-08-2011, 05:17 PM
signature bet...

as i look, i don't notice anyone with sigs...have they been disable?...

if so, i'll do an avy bet...

I accept your avatar bet.

While the Broncos have a couple of great pass-rushers, the Chargers will be much more aggressive with blitzing.

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I accept your avatar bet.

While the Broncos have a couple of great pass-rushers, the Chargers will be much more aggressive with blitzing.

cool, what are the terms?...

whichever team has the most sacks for 2011 season the other has to wear the avatar of the opposing fan's choice...

for how long you think?...

chargertom
08-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Most I've seen run until draft day the following year.

ShowYourBolts
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Shouldn't there be a minimum post requirement since it would be very easy to just leave an opposing teams board until the bet is up?

broncosgc
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Shouldn't there be a minimum post requirement since it would be very easy to just leave an opposing teams board until the bet is up?
nah, honor code...

i lost an avy bet on here once ore twice and i honored them...

if anyone skips out on a bet with me so be it...

but i've made a decent number of sig/avy bets since being a member here and all bets were honored...

chargerbomb
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
cool, what are the terms?...

whichever team has the most sacks for 2011 season the other has to wear the avatar of the opposing fan's choice...

for how long you think?...

I like the suggestion of until the following year's draft.

Fun fact: the Chargers had more than double the Broncos sacks last year (47 vs 23), and had only 1 less than the league-leading Baltimore.

Manusky will only be more aggressive with the blitzes since he's a Wade Phillips disciple. I'm sure that Fox will turn around that D to an extent, but they won't go from 23 sacks to 50 sacks overnight.

ShowYourBolts
08-08-2011, 10:04 PM
nah, honor code...

i lost an avy bet on here once ore twice and i honored them...

if anyone skips out on a bet with me so be it...

but i've made a decent number of sig/avy bets since being a member here and all bets were honored...
I don't think that you'll necessarily leave. But if you have the avi and aren't posting much what's the point?

broncosgc
08-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Fun fact: the Chargers had more than double the Broncos sacks last year (47 vs 23), and had only 1 less than the league-leading Baltimore.

Manusky will only be more aggressive with the blitzes since he's a Wade Phillips disciple. I'm sure that Fox will turn around that D to an extent, but they won't go from 23 sacks to 50 sacks overnight.

wow, then you should be a shoe in to win this...:)

broncosgc
08-09-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't think that you'll necessarily leave. But if you have the avi and aren't posting much what's the point?

like i said, i havent seen that happen yet...

so i don't really care...i'll stick with the honor system...

broncosgc
08-09-2011, 08:08 AM
I like the suggestion of until the following year's draft.

until next year's draft?...wow that's pretty steep...

okay, i'm in...

sdchrger
08-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Denver will go 5-11 and finish in last place in the AFC west.

gzubeck
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Denver will go 5-11 and finish in last place in the AFC west.

I disagree. I think Denver's been quietly getting better while Oaklands been getting worse due to all the salary cap hits. I'm thinking Oakland regresses a little this year before getting better next year.

WootMonkey
08-09-2011, 06:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6846531/tim-tebow-not-ready-prime-time

If his first read is covered, he needs a Garmin. He drops his arm as if he wants to run, then thinks better of it. He doesn't quite understand the coverages yet anyway. And when he finally does decide, he's late getting it off. He seems flustered, and it screws up his accuracy.

sdchrger
08-10-2011, 09:00 AM
I disagree. I think Denver's been quietly getting better while Oaklands been getting worse due to all the salary cap hits. I'm thinking Oakland regresses a little this year before getting better next year.

Denver 5-11
Oakland 7-9
KC 10-6
Chargers 11-5

baphamet
08-10-2011, 09:46 AM
with Orton i think Denver could surprise some people. Denver will almost certainly improve on defense, assuming they have Elvis back and von, likely giving them a much better pass rush which will help their defense as a whole.

but their run defense will also still not be very good IMO.

also, their success will have a lot to do with the success of their running game. Moreno displayed flashes of potential last year and if he can improve on it this year, combined with the defense improving and Orton starting......i think the broncos could be an 8-8 team or possibly better.

that said, that is the best case scenario for them and i don't think it is very likely. :)

charger1_sj
08-10-2011, 10:52 AM
KC is not winning 10 games this year. The only team they beat that had a winning record last year was the Chargers. This year their schedule is as brutal as ours, probably more so. They'll be luckly to win 9. Broncos and Raiders will be doing well to win 7-8 games. A 10-6 record will be good enough to win the AFC west. Unless we blow it we should win at least 10 games.

ShockTreatment
08-10-2011, 11:43 AM
KC is not winning 10 games this year. The only team they beat that had a winning record last year was the Chargers. This year their schedule is as brutal as ours, probably more so. They'll be luckly to win 9. Broncos and Raiders will be doing well to win 7-8 games. A 10-6 record will be good enough to win the AFC west. Unless we blow it we should win at least 10 games.

This.

And actually, I see KC being a surprise loser next season.

Charger Dave
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Denver will go 5-11 and finish in last place in the AFC west."So let it be written, so let it be done!" :LightsOut:

BoltFAN1986
08-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Since the organization wanted orton to leave, i dont think the team has a chance to make the playoffs. I believe a player came out and said they wanted Tebow to play and not Orton. That doesn't look like good team chemistry to me, definitely not one ready for a superbowl.

charger1_sj
08-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Since the organization wanted orton to leave, i dont think the team has a chance to make the playoffs. I believe a player came out and said they wanted Tebow to play and not Orton. That doesn't look like good team chemistry to me, definitely not one ready for a superbowl.

The fans and FO want Tebow. The players/coaches prefer Orton. If things don't go well and the players/coaches do an about turn then things will get ugly. Anyway this year will not be Denver's year. It's a year where they'll have to figure things out, too many unknowns. Fox will have couple years to sort it out.

KC is amassing talent but lack at the most important position. Oakland
has a similar problem and more (Al Davis).

broncosgc
08-10-2011, 05:55 PM

for what it counts, the players are 100% behind orton...

plcowner
08-10-2011, 07:13 PM

On the flip side, maybe Orton will use the situation as incentive to have a great year.

HeadTrip
08-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Aww I was going to get in on the Denver having a better rushing attack than us sig bet. Tartar sauce....

I think some of your optimism is well founded. Denver added some good pieces and took some risks on vets like Warren. Some of those will pay off while others won't. I think the Dline will be better while the secondary will be worse due to aging and the LBs should be pretty good. I've always liked (actually disliked from a Charger PoV) DJ Williams. I see an average defense overall that will flash signs of being good and have it's share of breakdowns. Offensively I like Denvers WRs although i think the depth needs to improve, and I think Orton is a good QB. I also think a Moreno/McGahee combo will be fairly good. The oline looks average though so Denver will lose too many battles in the trenches to give the RBs enough help to take it to the next level and Orton isn't the most mobile guy in the world for sure. At least his blind side is protected.

Overall, I think Denver ends up 6-10 or 7-9 and makes some progress.

SD 15-5 :)
KC 8-8
Den 6-10
Oak 4-12

broncosgc
08-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Aww I was going to get in on the Denver having a better rushing attack than us sig bet. Tartar sauce....

I think some of your optimism is well founded. Denver added some good pieces and took some risks on vets like Warren. Some of those will pay off while others won't. I think the Dline will be better while the secondary will be worse due to aging and the LBs should be pretty good. I've always liked (actually disliked from a Charger PoV) DJ Williams. I see an average defense overall that will flash signs of being good and have it's share of breakdowns. Offensively I like Denvers WRs although i think the depth needs to improve, and I think Orton is a good QB. I also think a Moreno/McGahee combo will be fairly good. The oline looks average though so Denver will lose too many battles in the trenches to give the RBs enough help to take it to the next level and Orton isn't the most mobile guy in the world for sure. At least his blind side is protected.

Overall, I think Denver ends up 6-10 or 7-9 and makes some progress.

SD 15-5 :)
KC 8-8
Den 6-10
Oak 4-12

thanks for the analysis headtrip...

personally i think the potential of our pass rush can make us formidable quicker rather than later...

i'm banking on a lot of "ifs" but if denver's DL additions can hold up okay against the run and Dumervil and Millers play at the level i expect, along with the speed of our LBs and added depth to the secondary, and a defensive coach thats actually good at coaching defense, the Broncos can challenge for best defense in AFCW...

i'll duck and cover while some flame away...

JCDavey
08-10-2011, 08:22 PM
On the flip side, maybe Orton will use the situation as incentive to have a great year.

he kinda has to go for it, this is his contract year

it's like he's got a brees/rivers year, plus contract year thing going on, all at the same time, he's either going to have an outstanding year, or crash and burn and relinquish control to tebow or quinn.

baphamet
08-10-2011, 10:49 PM

yeah, that is what i heard too. i read an article that said fox would lose th locker room if Orton doesn't start.

gzubeck
08-10-2011, 10:49 PM

That is until they're 2-6 by the halfway point. I would think if Orton goes 2-4 an it doesn't look like he's making the team better I bet they give Tebow the rest of the Season to prove he can accomplish things. Tebow might not be as polished as Orton but he has what I call Game Spark! He causes things to happen with his play that gets everyone going. Might not be Pretty but he gets results better than he should by making key plays when it counts.

gzubeck
08-10-2011, 10:55 PM
yeah, that is what i heard too. i read an article that said fox would lose th locker room if Orton doesn't start.

I just Don't know if Orton is really top ten NFL talent at QB. I would only trust him to start if he had a strong supporting cast on both offense and defense where you don't have to rely on him being a gun slinger to win it for you on a consistent basis. I've seen flashes of talent from him but he is very inconsistent from game to game. This is a make it or break it season for Orton in Denver. If he fails he could be a career back-up in the NFL.

RD1040
08-10-2011, 11:13 PM
XTRA Sports 1360 (http://www.xtrasports1360.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?more_page=&podcast=PowerHour&selected_podcast=8-10%2520hour%25201.mp3)

XTRA Sports 1360 Power Hour (http://www.xtrasports1360.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=PowerHour.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/SANDIEGO-CA/KLSD-AM/8-10 hour 1.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=SANDIEGO-CA&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.xtrasports1360.com&SITE_ID=5629&STATION_ID=KLSD-AM&TRACK=)

Fast forward to 31:30 to get to the Warren Moon interview.

Tim Tebow is a winner. That's what he's always done and he finds a way to do it and he doesn't do it conventionally. So it's going to take a while for him to learn the NFL game and how to function in the NFL type of process from a technique standpoint and fundamental standpoint. But I think with all the other intangibles he has going for him, if he can ever get the fundamental side of it down as far as his footwork and his passing motion and those things, he can be a good quarterback in this league. It's just going to take a while and I think the Denver Broncos know that. And it's a work in progress.

I don't have an opinion myself, just thought some of you guys would be interested in hearing what Warren Moon has to say.

perryao
08-11-2011, 06:15 AM
i'd love to know your definition of troll, if according to you i'm one...

apparently its an opposing fan with an opposing view...

disappointing...LOL. No, it's the annoying use of elipses. Everyone knows that.

perryao
08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
thanks...

it appears i'll have to refrain from replying to perry's posts...

i been here since 05 and have said as many good things about SD as bad...

there are some posters that tolerate me when i have positive statements about the chargers but the moment i say anything thats not flattering i'm just a troll...i'm just giving my opinion...

i cannot respect that type of poster...LOL. Ooh, got me. There's those elipses again. LOL. Um, btw, you've oversimplified the reasons I called you a troll but that's typical of a troll.

broncosgc
08-11-2011, 08:07 AM
That is until they're 2-6 by the halfway point. I would think if Orton goes 2-4 an it doesn't look like he's making the team better I bet they give Tebow the rest of the Season to prove he can accomplish things. Tebow might not be as polished as Orton but he has what I call Game Spark! He causes things to happen with his play that gets everyone going. Might not be Pretty but he gets results better than he should by making key plays when it counts.

i've been going with that thought process as well...

but i gotta remove my man crush for Tebow and look at it objectively...if Tebow is to be named the starter, he has to beat Orton out...thats whats best at this point...if Tebow is who i think he is, he'll do so...

and you're right about the 2-4 start thing...if Orton isn't winning games early on, Tebow will probably get his shot...

broncosgc
08-11-2011, 08:10 AM

exactly...

had they traded Orton to Miamai before camp, then it's a different story...

but when that trade fell through, the players got a chance first hand to see the obvios difference between the two...those vets would not believe in the coaches if they started the lesser QB...they wouldnt believe Denver's goal is to win now...

BoltBacker4Life
08-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Yo bronco

To keep the names safe I am not going to mention them BUT I hung out with 3 Broncos over the weekend. My brother-in-law played Red Rocks over the weekend and it is my yearly summer trip to go see them play. My BIL is very good friends with one of the players and he brought the other guys with him to the show.

Put it this way, if you knew what the team thought of Tebow, you wouldn't have a man crush much longer

broncosgc
08-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Yo bronco

To keep the names safe I am not going to mention them BUT I hung out with 3 Broncos over the weekend. My brother-in-law played Red Rocks over the weekend and it is my yearly summer trip to go see them play. My BIL is very good friends with one of the players and he brought the other guys with him to the show.

Put it this way, if you knew what the team thought of Tebow, you wouldn't have a man crush much longer

yea i believe that...

and my man crush won't lessen because of it...

but it makes sense what you're saying...the guy is like a rockstar...you look in the stands of practice and there's 85% Tebow jersies and 15% everybody else....

being that he isn't performing well, that can create animosity amongs the team...he brings a lot of unwanted attention and criticism to the team...

for example, a good player may have had a dominating practice while Tebow stunk, but after practice ALL the mics are in Tebows face as they pass right by said good player...

sadly, i don't know how much of this is Tebow's fault...he's a good guy, but i'd imagine the players are getting tiresome of him, his act, and the attention taken away from whats really important, Denver Broncos winning games...if many could hold a private vote, they'd probably wish he was on someone else's team for a different team to deal with it...

Orton is killing it in practice but the fans boo him but cheer Tebow, and he was failed trade bait by the FO...the players naturally will bleed for Orton...

its tough...

ShowYourBolts
08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
had they traded Orton to Miamai before camp, then it's a different story...

Yeah, then all the talk would be that Quinn is totally outplaying the "Chosen One".

Make him play TE and move on, he will never be a good QB in the NFL.

broncosgc
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, then all the talk would be that Quinn is totally outplaying the "Chosen One".

Make him play TE and move on, he will never be a good QB in the NFL.
maybe.....

gzubeck
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Yo bronco

Is it a matter of player jealousy or do they think he's an over rated no talent narcissistic dickwad who wants all the attention at everyone's expense? I could imagine a lot of players being jealous of the amount of attention he gets regardless of who he actually is!

broncosgc
08-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Is it a matter of player jealousy or do they think he's an over rated no talent narcissistic dickwad who wants all the attention at everyone's expense? I could imagine a lot of players being jealous of the amount of attention he gets regardless of who he actually is!
i would guess its a combination of all of that depending on the player...

BoltBacker4Life
08-11-2011, 12:35 PM

Neither, they just do not think he is good and they do not trust him with the team. He is a good guy, there is no denying that, he is just not a guy they want to go to war with

gzubeck
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Neither, they just do not think he is good and they do not trust him with the team. He is a good guy, there is no denying that, he is just not a guy they want to go to war with

The gators seemed to like him and from what I've seen he's a crazy play maker out there. Myabe everyone's programmed into thinking we need a John Elway or Peyton Manning running the show in order to succeed. Why was he drafted then cause I haven't seen anything else that he hasn't been doing in the college level plus he's also been making some plays in the NFL. I guess what I'm saying is that "There's more than one way to get 'er done!"

BoltBacker4Life
08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
The gators seemed to like him and from what I've seen he's a crazy play maker out there. Myabe everyone's programmed into thinking we need a John Elway or Peyton Manning running the show in order to succeed. Why was he drafted then cause I haven't seen anything else that he hasn't been doing in the college level plus he's also been making some plays in the NFL. I guess what I'm saying is that "There's more than one way to get 'er done!"

In college that is true, in the NFL it is not. Name me one QB in the history of the game that won a SB who played like Tebow did in college.

Horribly inaccurate QBs do not make it in the NFL, plain and simple. A QB must be able to complete the passes on a route tree and from early reports, Tebow cannot do so

gzubeck
08-11-2011, 12:56 PM
In college that is true, in the NFL it is not. Name me one QB in the history of the game that won a SB who played like Tebow did in college.

Horribly inaccurate QBs do not make it in the NFL, plain and simple. A QB must be able to complete the passes on a route tree and from early reports, Tebow cannot do so

Trent Dilfer. I think Tebow will be much better than Trent Dilfer. LOL! I Don't know too much about Trent Dilfer's college career but I do know that he looked horribly Average in the NFL. :>)

gzubeck
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
How else can I say it I think Tim Tebow brings a different style to the game much like Fran Tarkington was a little squirt who had to scramble like a mad hatter in order to make plays. I look for the IT factor!

BoltBacker4Life
08-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Trent Dilfer. I think Tebow will be much better than Trent Dilfer. LOL! I Don't know too much about Trent Dilfer's college career but I do know that he looked horribly Average in the NFL. :>)

But Dilfer was a typical, pocket QB who completed over 55% of his passes in his career. Dilfer was average at best, yes, but he was a typical NFL QB, not a college style QB

BoltBacker4Life
08-11-2011, 01:14 PM
How else can I say it I think Tim Tebow brings a different style to the game much like Fran Tarkington was a little squirt who had to scramble like a mad hatter in order to make plays. I look for the IT factor!

And as great as Fran was, he never won a SB nor did Cunnigham, nor has Vick etc.

the only running QB to ever win a SB was S Young and Young was an AMAZINGLY accurate passer

gzubeck
08-11-2011, 01:18 PM
And as great as Fran was, he never won a SB nor did Cunnigham, nor has Vick etc.

the only running QB to ever win a SB was S Young and Young was an AMAZINGLY accurate passer

Good gracious me...you bring up that painful memory even though he made it to the show several times. The Vikings are my surrogate family team and not winning the Superbowl at least once is about as painful as the Chargers not winning at least once. Shame on you! :>)

gzubeck
08-11-2011, 01:23 PM
But Dilfer was a typical, pocket QB who completed over 55% of his passes in his career. Dilfer was average at best, yes, but he was a typical NFL QB, not a college style QB

Who cares about being a typical Pocket passer. The point is he was average in every way and still won a Superbowl. I don't see Tebow holding back his team as much as Dilfer did. It's just my opinion with a strong gut feeling. Now if they want to discriminate against Tebow for this it's the ownerships judgement. I think he makes plays much like Andrew Luck does but Andrew Luck will be a great player in the NFL because he is more skilled, but I do believe Tebow is an unpolished scrappy play maker.

broncosgc
08-11-2011, 01:46 PM

great post...

BoltBacker4Life
08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
great post...

Not really seeing that every single player that plays like Tebow college has never had success in the NFL. In fact, Tebow wasn't even a good QB (as far as throwing the ball, reading Ds, appropriate throws) in college.

He is a great athlete, an even better human being but sorry man, Tebow is and always will be a garbage NFL QB

gzubeck
08-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Not really seeing that every single player that plays like Tebow college has never had success in the NFL. In fact, Tebow wasn't even a good QB (as far as throwing the ball, reading Ds, appropriate throws) in college.

He is a great athlete, an even better human being but sorry man, Tebow is and always will be a garbage NFL QB

Keep it up and your gonna make that Bumble Bee player fly. I hope he posts that in his locker to keep him fightin regardless of whatever team he plays for. LOL!

chargerbomb
08-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Tebow isn't as inaccurate as some of you guys are making him out to be. He has good deep ball accuracy in fact. So-so in the midrange. It's his progressions that he's really struggling with. But he makes up for some of those deficiencies with his legs and his ability to make things happen when the play breaks down.

Nevertheless, Fox loves veterans so he'll stick with Orton.

IlladelphiaBolt
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
John Fox is not creative enough to use Tim Tebow to his potential. Fox has an offense preset and picks players to fit it, Tebow doesn't fit his scheme. He needs a creative coach. That's why Josh McDaniels picked him - he's not a dumb offensive coordinator, just a bad GM and HC.

broncosgc
08-12-2011, 09:58 AM
i figure i'll give a brief synopsis of the Broncos in their preseason opener against Dallas...

I saw headline on ESPN labeled "Tebow Shines" referencing the game. Well i wouldnt go that far, he had his ups and downs but overall he competed. He had a horrible INT called back, on the flip side he had a TD run called back too. He was solid, his best play was the deep throw to willis.

As for the rest of the team, the starting units played 1 series so its tough to gauge but what i liked most was the offense ran the ball on the opening drive right down Dallas' throat. What i also liked was Orton converted on a 3rd down blitz, one of his prior weaknesses. Denver settled for a fg but that was due to penalty, Denver had 1st and goal at the 1yd line starters vs starters.

As for the starting defense, they allowed Dallas to drive in for a fg...didnt didnt show me anything against the run but they did pressure Romo a bit...

i personally believe Fox should have left the staters out longer, maybe next week.

a couple players i opened this thread about watching out for, have already made me look bad :(...RB Mario Fanin is injured and on IR and TE Julius Jones looked awful in blocking situations...i don't care how dangerous a receiver he is if he can't block...

on Denver's QBs...i wouldve liked to have seen Orton score a TD because his rep is that he can't finish in the redzone, and he still didnt in his 1 drive...Tebow had his moments but one thing to point out is he plays with the 2nd stringers and our o-line depth is AWFUL...the guy was running for his life out there but still competed...and the player that got zero pub but looked the BEST was Brady Quinn, who led Denver on both of the TD scoring drives...

JCDavey
08-12-2011, 10:24 AM
to me it seems like denver was testing orton, having him attempt 3 straight passing plays in the red zone, after having gotten to the red zone with balanced play-calling

broncosgc
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
to me it seems like denver was testing orton, having him attempt 3 straight passing plays in the red zone, after having gotten to the red zone with balanced play-calling
agreed, and he failed...

i hope that tebow comes in for goalline situations when the season starts...

Va Bolt
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
The thing w/ Tebow is ,YOU MUST WEIGH THE LIABILITY,AGAINST THE SUCCESSSES,and in the colledgic level the scale tips towards the latter but I don't think Fox knows how to use Tebow correctly for the scale to tip the other way.I sure hope he dosen't because he could be a HUGE contributer in situation downs.
Side note:I think Denver letting MickyD go was a big mistake!

PaCkMaN
08-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Did Nate Irving play much last night and if so how did he do?

I'm a big NCSU fan, hence the screen name, with high hopes for Nate though I did hate to see him go to Denver lol.

broncosgc
08-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Did Nate Irving play much last night and if so how did he do?

I'm a big NCSU fan, hence the screen name, with high hopes for Nate though I did hate to see him go to Denver lol.

without checking his stats, he seemed to do pretty well to me...

joe mays is the starter as of now, but mays can be overtaken by Irving for the top spot...

EDIT: i got his jersey number mixed up, Irving didnt play. (Dallas Cowboy Network didn't mention Bronco Lineups at all leaving me to guess...oopsie)

perryao
08-13-2011, 02:37 PM
without checking his stats, he seemed to do pretty well to me...

joe mays is the starter as of now, but mays can be overtaken by Irving for the top spot...Elipses, ack. Troll.

RAWDOGG
08-13-2011, 03:45 PM
hey Bronco, why all the hate in Denver for Orton???

I have always thought Orton gives the Broncos a better chance of winning then Tebow. It's not his fault the defense has been so horrible the last coupe of years.

I also think orton was a HUGE upgrade of Cuddles

broncosgc
08-13-2011, 05:09 PM
hey Bronco, why all the hate in Denver for Orton???

I have always thought Orton gives the Broncos a better chance of winning then Tebow. It's not his fault the defense has been so horrible the last coupe of years.

I also think orton was a HUGE upgrade of Cuddles

good points...

even though orton is the better qb, Orton is perceived by us fans as having a ceiling...with Tebow the unknown fascinates us...

also, while Orton's numbers may look good on paper, Bronco fans grew weary of his poor 3rd down%, lack of mobility, and inability to lead us to comeback wins or deliver on must-have plays...

Tebow with all his weaknesses, looks like he may posses the flare for cloutch plays...

at least thats what bwe bronco fans want to believe...

personally i'm starting to come around on Orton, but i still feel he is he who is...avg to slightly above avg...

broncosgc
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
word has it Tebow will run 3rd string in tonights game against Buffalo...

this isn't how i saw things going this season...:(

broncosgc
08-20-2011, 08:28 PM
well to be honest there wasnt a whole lot not to like...

Denver's starters dominated Buffalo's...i know Buffalo isn't a good team but it was still nice to see Denver do well...

Offensively- Denver's run game wasn't dominant but it was effective...the pass game was dominant...Orton was terrific and the o-line held up very well in pass protection...this was the same Buffalo defense that sacked 9 times against the Bears...not sure why he's such a late bloomer, but Brandon Lloyd is unguardable...

Defensively- The run game was shakey at times but it for the most part held up fine...the pass rush was terrific...Fitzpatrick was constantly under pressure and Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil were absolutely unblockable and were very formidable as a tandem...Denver's LB core look very good as well...DT Broderick Bunkley had a surprisingly good outing...

just a preseason game against the lowly Bills, but we had the same record as they did so i was pleased to see our starters dominate theirs the way we did...

any questions, fire away...

DefenseWins
08-20-2011, 09:07 PM
The run game was shakey at times but it for the most part held up fine..
As you say it was only a preseason game against the lowly Bills - and running games usually do best as the game wears on.

That said - do you feel concern regarding your run D considering the strength of the running games your team will face this year?

JoeMcRugby
08-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Question:

Why was superstar of the present Tim Tebow relegated to the Cleo Lemon / Colt Brennan 4th quarter preseaon role behind Brady Quinn? :confused:

Xenos
08-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Question:

Why was superstar of the present Tim Tebow relegated to the Cleo Lemon / Colt Brennan 4th quarter preseaon role behind Brady Quinn? :confused:
From what I've read Joe, Brady actually played well enough last week against the 3s to warrant a switch at this time. It does not speak well of Tebow at the moment. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt since Fox is a little stubborn when it comes to young QBs. He's going to stick with the veteran no matter what happens ie. the Jake Delhomme situation in Carolina even when it was apparently the latter no longer had it.

JoeMcRugby
08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
From what I've read Joe, Brady actually played well enough last week against the 3s to warrant a switch at this time. It does not speak well of Tebow at the moment. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt since Fox is a little stubborn when it comes to young QBs. He's going to stick with the veteran no matter what happens ie. the Jake Delhomme situation in Carolina even when it was apparently the latter no longer had it.

It ain't just Fox IMHO.

I believe that one John Elway has a voice in the matter - and Elway has held back in his support of Tebow being "the man" from the time he's taken the GM job.

If Tebow is "the man", then you play him NOW. The Donkeys are on the short side of .500 no matter whom is the QB in 2011.

broncosgc
08-20-2011, 11:03 PM
As you say it was only a preseason game against the lowly Bills - and running games usually do best as the game wears on.

That said - do you feel concern regarding your run D considering the strength of the running games your team will face this year?

sure...

but i am also very excited about our pass rush...

it'll be intersting to see how it plays out...

but Denver looks well coached right now, so i'm optimistic...

like i said it was against the lowly Bills, but Denver loooked real good tonight...nothing much to complain about from my end...

broncosgc
08-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Question:

because brady quinn has somehow turned the corner (at least in preseason and camp)...

Quinn has been really good so far...

pacstud
08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
It ain't just Fox IMHO.

I believe that one John Elway has a voice in the matter - and Elway has held back in his support of Tebow being "the man" from the time he's taken the GM job.

If Tebow is "the man", then you play him NOW. The Donkeys are on the short side of .500 no matter whom is the QB in 2011.

Agreed.

And I can all but guarantee that Gailey wisely showed absolutely nothing tonight.

Just practice for 'em.

broncosgc
08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
The Donkeys are on the short side of .500 no matter whom is the QB in 2011.
not so fast...

pacstud
08-20-2011, 11:21 PM
not so fast...

Sorry bronco...but yeah, sooooo fast.

perryao
08-21-2011, 06:08 AM
well to be honest there wasnt a whole lot not to like...

Denver's starters dominated Buffalo's...i know Buffalo isn't a good team but it was still nice to see Denver do well...

Offensively- Denver's run game wasn't dominant but it was effective...the pass game was dominant...Orton was terrific and the o-line held up very well in pass protection...this was the same Buffalo defense that sacked 9 times against the Bears...not sure why he's such a late bloomer, but Brandon Lloyd is unguardable...

Defensively- The run game was shakey at times but it for the most part held up fine...the pass rush was terrific...Fitzpatrick was constantly under pressure and Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil were absolutely unblockable and were very formidable as a tandem...Denver's LB core look very good as well...DT Broderick Bunkley had a surprisingly good outing...

just a preseason game against the lowly Bills, but we had the same record as they did so i was pleased to see our starters dominate theirs the way we did...

any questions, fire away...Well really there's only one question. Why do you use ellipses so much? Until you answer that everything else is irrelevent, imo.

TCUFAN5
08-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry bronco...but yeah, sooooo fast.

yup i agree with you pac.. i dont see anything from them that will get them to be a force..

broncosgc
08-21-2011, 12:36 PM
yup i agree with you pac.. i dont see anything from them that will get them to be a force..

pass rush...

balanced offense...

good coaching...

weak division...

WootMonkey
08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
pass rush...

balanced offense...

good coaching...

weak division...

Lack of talent in the trenches.

Division isn't that weak anymore.

Fox is not a good coach and didn't have a balanced offense in Caroline, we'll see in Denver

Doesn't pass the eyeball test

WootMonkey
08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
ps: lol Tebow

FrankB55Fan
08-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Sportcenters Meril Hoge advocates cutting Tebow now before more drama builds in Denver. Both Orton and Quinn have 1 year on their contracts and he says sign them both or at least Orton and cut Tebow now or trade him to McDaniel for a 4th. He wanted him, he can fix him. Says Tebow will never be a starter even though he's a fan favorite. Keeping him will create problems and if you play him the team will lose confidence with the coaches and FO.
Wow! Pretty harsh stuff. Schefter tried to defend him but had no valid arguements. He said Tebow played well late last season against Texas and the Raiders. Hoge countered that Texas has the worst pass defense and the Broncos lost to the Raiders.
I have to agree with Hoge. Cut Tebow and resign Orton. Orton is a quality QB. Maybe not elite but much more than average.

SactownBolts
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Orton is money.

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Lack of talent in the trenches.

Division isn't that weak anymore.

Fox is not a good coach and didn't have a balanced offense in Caroline, we'll see in Denver

Doesn't pass the eyeball test

we have talent in the trenches, we just don't have a big name at DT...

Dumervil, Clady, Kuper, Ayers, Franklin are some talent down there...

every team in the afcW has weakness...not sure why you think the division isn't weak...the favorite to win the division this year was 9-7 last year...

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
the chargers defense doesn't look all that impressive to me...

plus, Denver's pass rush will give Rivers problems...

Chargers are a passing team, not going to exactly ram the ball down the opposing defense's throat...

Denver may match up well againstbthe chargers this year...

denver could potentially give SD fits...

Sundiego
08-22-2011, 06:20 PM

Chargers are a passing team, not going to exactly ram the ball down the opposing defense's throat...

Denver VS Cowboys : 23-24
Charvers VS Cowboys: 20-7

Plus Romo didn't play at all and neither did any of their starters. Not sure how this last game made you less afraid of the Chargers defense and give you MORE confidence from the Broncos.

ArgersChayFan
08-22-2011, 06:26 PM

You mean we actually have to play the games this year? You aren't going to just concede victory based off of offseason moves? Well isn't that just the cat's meow (or some such saying, whichever is appropriate.)

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Plus Romo didn't play at all and neither did any of their starters. Not sure how this last game made you less afraid of the Chargers defense and give you MORE confidence from the Broncos.

well you can't compare those because Dallas and Denver's starters each played only one drive...and Romo did play and so did the other starters...

the starters both put up a FG vs eachother with Denver;s fg being a chip shot...

and as far as SD/Dal the starters played to a 10-7 score right?...

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 06:30 PM
You mean we actually have to play the games this year? You aren't going to just concede victory based off of offseason moves? Well isn't that just the cat's meow (or some such saying, whichever is appropriate.)
well according to the experts (and opposing afcw fans) there's no need for denver to even play... we're destined for a losing season this year...

gzubeck
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM

This is about as logical as saying the Seahawks winning the Chargers 24-17 in pre-season means they're a better team than the Chargers.:>)

gzubeck
08-22-2011, 06:33 PM
well according to the experts (and opposing afcw fans) there's no need for denver to even play... we're destined for a losing season this year...

I'm with you! I think the Broncos will be number two in the division. Why? because I think all three QB's for Denver are better than Cassel + the weak chiefs offensive line. The Chiefs have talent I just don't think they will be able to put it all together this year.

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm with you! I think the Broncos will be number two in the division. Why? because I think all three QB's for Denver are better than Cassel + the weak chiefs offensive line. The Chiefs have talent I just don't think they will be able to put it all together this year.
thanks...

i too believe the afcw is between Denver and SD...:Cheers:

BoltBacker4Life
08-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Wow, from worst to first huh bronco? You honestly think you have improved so much from last year that you will now contend for the West?

Sorry man, don't want to be rude, I just do not see it happening. Maybe in a couple of years or two but definitely not this year

chargertom
08-22-2011, 07:03 PM
thanks...

i too believe the afcw is between Denver and SD...:Cheers:

Wow ... if I didn't know better, I'd think the Denver part of this post should be moved to the funny section.

Looks like this thread is headed to the smack shack soon.

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow, from worst to first huh bronco? You honestly think you have improved so much from last year that you will now contend for the West?

Sorry man, don't want to be rude, I just do not see it happening. Maybe in a couple of years or two but definitely not this year
i know i'm being optimistic, but i really believe we have a chance...

our run game will be effective, Moreno looks great...

our pass game is way underrated...

our defense won't be dominant against the run but it will have its moments...and our pass rush will be awesome...

every team in the division has weaknesses...our schedule starts off favorable, that is where hopeful we gain momentum and more confidence...

i know its optimistic, but hey its early so why not?...:D

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow ... if I didn't know better, I'd think the Denver part of this post should be moved to the funny section.

Looks like this thread is headed to the smack shack soon.

no this isnt a smack conversation...

i want to keep it calm and give folks updates on how we look in the preseason...

you think its that crazy to think Denver finishes in front of KC and Oak?...

Sundiego
08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
This is about as logical as saying the Seahawks winning the Chargers 24-17 in pre-season means they're a better team than the Chargers.:>)

That isn't my argument.

My argument was how can a fan be encouraged by looking at a preseason game, especially when his team fared worst.

I agree it would be like looking at the seahawks game and score. I do see improvement of individual players which is what I look at. The Chargers will be better than last year I expect at least 10 wins. Maybe the Denver fan isn't scared, but Denver will be lucky to win 8.

Sundiego
08-22-2011, 07:48 PM
well you can't compare those because Dallas and Denver's starters each played only one drive...and Romo did play and so did the other starters...

the starters both put up a FG vs eachother with Denver;s fg being a chip shot...

and as far as SD/Dal the starters played to a 10-7 score right?...

The Cowboys did better VS Denver's defense and offense all aspects of it.

Our 1st string offense basically shut them down. One score with a QB under pressure with three drives isn't spectacular. Just saying the preseason game shouldn't give you any confidence.

Now if you look at the Raiders of Chiefs I think the Denver might be better than either of them. The Chiefs are a question mark, however I don't like how they are preparing, or lack of preparation.

Denver had a lot of injuries last year, so I do see them as perhaps being better. Their HC is better. I see a slightly better defense and an offense that isn't as good.

gzubeck
08-22-2011, 08:12 PM
It's not so much that Denver has gotten a lot better (The Draft helped them) but that Oakland and Kansas City have become weaker in our division. Kansas City and Oakland could go 6-10 and all Denver would have to go is 8-8 to beat them out for the #2 spot. Unless Kansas City becomes miraculously better on their offensive line Cassel will be under too much pressure to do much if anything this year. Oakland has lost a lot of talent and I'm not sure they're going to be better than what they did last year. They Definitely won't go 6-0 in the AFC West this year. So that leaves most of the rest of this division going 8-8 or less this year. Sort of like Secretariat in his bid for the Triple Crown: You have the winner (The Chargers) and the rest of the field for second place. :>)

pacstud
08-22-2011, 09:17 PM
no this isnt a smack conversation...

i want to keep it calm and give folks updates on how we look in the preseason...

you think its that crazy to think Denver finishes in front of KC and Oak?...

In seriousness.

Donkey run defense is awful.

IF they can get into passing downs, Miller and Doom are looking good. The secondary looks good (I thought Champ looked as good since '08).

BUT paper, paper thin. With an already depleted D-line...any injury to the starters (say Dawkins or Champ) and you just don't have the depth. Now, very few teams can absorb many injuries, but a lot (I'd include Denver) are going to need a very good run of health to compete for the playoffs.

Offense looks good. If Orton's ankles hold up it's legit...but I still don't like Moreno for Fox's system. He is much better in 3-4 WR sets where the defense is spread out and playing with six in the box. His body is also a liability. And you don't want Willis having to start.

So I could see Denver popping 7-9 wins if the chips fall right...and I think that's a fair estimate.

But if the bug bites, it's going to be another top 5 pick.

broncosgc
08-22-2011, 09:50 PM
The Cowboys did better VS Denver's defense and offense all aspects of it.

the Broncos starting offense ran the ball down Dallas' starting defense's throat...

but you're right...preseason won't tell us much...

but i'm still encouraged from what i've seen so far...

FrankB55Fan
08-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Seems that in the real world Tebow would probably be the 4th QB.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311

broncosgc
08-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Seems that in the real world Tebow would probably be the 4th QB.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311
mike silver should be embarrassed for putting out such an irresponsible piece...

JCDavey
08-25-2011, 07:45 AM
i think tebow will be the broncos 3rd string qb by week 1

wow, i actually thought he was going to start week 1, i guess denver's front office and coaches think he's not that good as a passer

we all knew that, but i'm surprised he didn't develop at all, despite the lockout

ODonnell
08-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Tebow seems to get an inordinate amount of heat for quarterback who has shown progression and a willingness to learn. The only thing I can really think of, in regards to why he's hated on so much; is that he didn't live up to the unrealistic expectations that people put on him.

The NFL network and espn were hyping Tebow to death, during the combine. Then when he gets selected in the first round, they're shocked? Look at the Boomer Esiason article on NFL.com. He rips Tebow to shreds and for what reason? He claims Tebow should have never been drafted in the first round, but couldn't you say that about Jake Locker or Christian Ponder too? I haven't heard Boomer bash those guys.

JoeMcRugby
08-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Tebow seems to get an inordinate amount of heat for quarterback who has shown progression and a willingness to learn. The only thing I can really think of, in regards to why he's hated on so much; is that he didn't live up to the unrealistic expectations that people put on him.

The NFL network and espn were hyping Tebow to death, during the combine. Then when he gets selected in the first round, they're shocked? Look at the Boomer Esiason article on NFL.com. He rips Tebow to shreds and for what reason? He claims Tebow should have never been drafted in the first round, but couldn't you say that about Jake Locker or Christian Ponder too? I haven't heard Boomer bash those guys.

He has a willingness to learn, but what "progression"? :confused:

He's fine from the shotgun spread offense - similar to what he ran in college - but is struggling mightily with both his ability to read defenses taking snaps from the center in a standard pro set and his accuracy. He's reported to be behind the undrafted rookie free agent Adam Weber in both those areas.

Tebow's taking a lot of heat because there has been little if any progression in the areas where he must improve to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

WootMonkey
08-25-2011, 10:15 AM

Locker and Ponder were both in pro type systems in college.

Tebow was not.

You can show all the willingness to learn that you want, but if you aren't good enough it doesn't matter.

ps: Boomer knows more about playing QB than either of us.

pacstud
08-25-2011, 10:17 AM
The Tebow Effect is just a massively expounded version of the Weddle/Hester Effects whereby a player is judged not on their own merits but where they were drafted and/or what was sacrificed to obtain said player.

It makes no sense, but that's what it is.

A player is either good, or is not...or is somewhere in between.

Unfortunately for Donkey fans, I fear that Tebow is not good as and NFL QB nor does he seem to possess the attributes that will ever make him more than a gimmick QB.

gzubeck
08-25-2011, 10:27 AM

He's fine from the shotgun spread offense - similar to what he ran in college - but is struggling mightily with both his ability to read defenses taking snaps from the center in a standard pro set and his accuracy. He's reported to be behind the undrafted rookie free agent Adam Weber in both those areas.

Tebow's taking a lot of heat because there has been little if any progression in the areas where he must improve to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Wow...didn't know he was that slow in picking things up at the QB position. I thought he looked like he had potential last year when he played. I can't believe that he hasn't tried taking a thousand snaps from under center until it became second nature. Strange!

ODonnell
08-25-2011, 11:44 AM

He's had good stats in the preseason this year and last season he threw for over 600 yards. I'd say that's a sign of progressing, even if it's little by little. Everybody knew he was going to be a project and he still has alot of work to do. With that being said though, that doesn't mean he's incapable of doing it. Bashing Tebow is the cool thing to do these days, though.

His accuracy doesn't seem to be as atrocious as people say. Yes, it can be a little shaky at times, but that's not uncommon for young quarterbacks. Yes, he has a difficulty reading the defenses sometimes. Again, that's not uncommon for young quarterbacks.

Is it impossible for a player to start off slow, but then get better over time? I'm sure there are plenty of other quarterbacks in the past and present, who started off terrible and then became one of the best.

JoeMcRugby
08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
He's had good stats in the preseason this year and last season he threw for over 600 yards. I'd say that's a sign of progressing, even if it's little by little. Everybody knew he was going to be a project and he still has alot of work to do. With that being said though, that doesn't mean he's incapable of doing it. Bashing Tebow is the cool thing to do these days, though.

His accuracy doesn't seem to be as atrocious as people say. Yes, it can be a little shaky at times, but that's not uncommon for young quarterbacks. Yes, he has a difficulty reading the defenses sometimes. Again, that's not uncommon for young quarterbacks.

Is it impossible for a player to start off slow, but then get better over time? I'm sure there are plenty of other quarterbacks in the past and present, who started off terrible and then became one of the best.

Stats is not a sign of progressing. Analysis of the necessities of what he needs to do to be an NFL quarterback is necessary to measure progress.

Progressing is improving at playing the drop-back QB position, reading on the drop and improving accuracy.

Tebow's been reported to be worse in those areas than their undrafted rookie free agent - and has made no progress in those areas from his rookie season. Reports are that he has regressed.

I can't think of an NFL quarterback that has ever proven to be a good NFL quarterback - let alone a star - whom hasn't improved from their rookie season to their sophomore season in those areas, especially when there's no direction to go but "up" since he was putrid as a rookie except out of the shotgun in the spread.

That's the reason for virtual panic within the Donko organization. It's not just the media - it's the fact that an undrafted free agent rookie with 3 weeks in the system is looking better than him.

broncosgc
08-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Stats is not a sign of progressing. Analysis of the necessities of what he needs to do to be an NFL quarterback is necessary to measure progress.

Progressing is improving at playing the drop-back QB position, reading on the drop and improving accuracy.

Tebow's been reported to be worse in those areas than their undrafted rookie free agent - and has made no progress in those areas from his rookie season. Reports are that he has regressed.

I can't think of an NFL quarterback that has ever proven to be a good NFL quarterback - let alone a star - whom hasn't improved from their rookie season to their sophomore season in those areas, especially when there's no direction to go but "up" since he was putrid as a rookie except out of the shotgun in the spread.

That's the reason for virtual panic within the Donko organization. It's not just the media - it's the fact that an undrafted free agent rookie with 3 weeks in the system is looking better than him.

i agree with what you're saying save the part about Webber being better than Tebow...

Webber's mechanics are better but thats it...

but Tebow didn't progress the way i had hoped..i have to be honest with myself and just admit that...

but that doesnt mean he won't be a good QB in this league...there were no OTAs due to lockout...

i'm wiling to give him another year...

Charanna
08-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Maybe the Broncos could some how work a trade with the Rams. ??

:good:

ODonnell
08-25-2011, 06:26 PM

I can't argue any of your points. I concede :D

What's unfortunate for Tebow, is that he has the fire and character, to be a great quarterback. He just lacks the skills to be one. I do think that the hype that surrounded him in his rookie year, is what led to his downfall.

I suppose I just don't understand why he's getting the heat he's getting. It's not as if he's out in the media, claiming to be the best QB in the league. He's fighting for a position on a team and trying his best, so why the constant jibes about how terrible he is. Seems to me like Boomer and other folks, just to like to kick a guy when he's down. All of it seems rather unneccessary.

ShowYourBolts
08-25-2011, 07:42 PM
i agree with what you're saying save the part about Webber being better than Tebow...

Webber's mechanics are better but thats it...

but Tebow didn't progress the way i had hoped..i have to be honest with myself and just admit that...

but that doesnt mean he won't be a good QB in this league...there were no OTAs due to lockout...

i'm wiling to give him another year...
The undrafted Webber can use no OTA's as an excuse too and yet he is ahead of the Tebow experiment on the depth chart even though he didn't get the head start of going through a full OTA and TC schedule last year.

Let's also not forget that Tebow also ran the teams off season workouts and had Lloyd personally take it upon himself to help get him better to no avail obviously.

I feel like people are very quick to jump to his defense because of him being such a likable guy and don't judge him by his lack of skill for the position. I'd be very surprised if he was ever anything more than a career backup, if he can even attain that level of play.

ShowYourBolts
08-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Maybe the Broncos could some how work a trade with the Rams. ??

:good:
Why's that Char? Sam Bradford is the real deal, or are you trying to reunite him with McDummy?

ShowYourBolts
08-25-2011, 07:49 PM
I suppose I just don't understand why he's getting the heat he's getting. It's not as if he's out in the media, claiming to be the best QB in the league. He's fighting for a position on a team and trying his best, so why the constant jibes about how terrible he is. Seems to me like Boomer and other folks, just to like to kick a guy when he's down. All of it seems rather unneccessary.
He doesn't help his cause when he comes out and says things like "his dreams have been taken away from him (or something along those lines)" when he can barely beat out the water boy at this point.

And Boomer and those guys are paid to give their opinions, not for saying nice things about someone's who's play has shown otherwise.

broncosgc
08-25-2011, 09:19 PM
The undrafted Webber can use no OTA's as an excuse too and yet he is ahead of the Tebow experiment on the depth chart even though he didn't get the head start of going through a full OTA and TC schedule last year.

Let's also not forget that Tebow also ran the teams off season workouts and had Lloyd personally take it upon himself to help get him better to no avail obviously.

I feel like people are very quick to jump to his defense because of him being such a likable guy and don't judge him by his lack of skill for the position. I'd be very surprised if he was ever anything more than a career backup, if he can even attain that level of play.

Webber has in no way surpassed Tebow on the depth chart, nor has he outplayed Tebow in camp...

and off season wokouts with a few players is not comparable to a coach proctered OTA...

ShowYourBolts
08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Webber has in no way surpassed Tebow on the depth chart, nor has he outplayed Tebow in camp...

and off season wokouts with a few players is not comparable to a coach proctered OTA...
I've seen a few reports stating otherwise but who really cares, it makes sense for Tebow to be ahead if for no other reason that Weber could go on the PS and Tebow can't and the Donks are screwed if either have to play anyhow.

And I know that some off season work outs run by players isn't like what they get from coaches. But you'd have to be crazy to not think that throwing to and getting timing down with your WR's doesn't give Timmy boy an advantage over Weber that he hasn't seemed to get much use from.

perryao
08-25-2011, 11:40 PM

Is it impossible for a player to start off slow, but then get better over time? I'm sure there are plenty of other quarterbacks in the past and present, who started off terrible and then became one of the best.Brett Favre had a slow start to his career.

perryao
08-25-2011, 11:49 PM

and off season wokouts with a few players is not comparable to a coach proctered OTA...Proctored, ooh, nice word. Now why can't you use one period at the end of a sentence?

ShowYourBolts
08-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Proctored, ooh, nice word. Now why can't you use one period at the end of a sentence?
I'm sensing a word of the day calender. ;)

broncosgc
08-27-2011, 08:51 PM
i am giving a brief take on the 1st half since the starters will barely play the 2nd half if at all...

I understand that Seattle ain't world beaters...so i am trying to keep that in perspective...

but last year Denver made EVERY offense look good...

i almost have trouble believing it's the Broncos defense so far in preseason...the pass rush has been amazing so far...

4 sacks against the seattle starters with seemingly a qb hurry on every passing down... Seattle starters amassed 39 yds of total offense in the 1st half with 26 yds on the ground...Doom and Von Miller both registered sacks and penetrated all game...Von Miller looks unbelievable...

the offense had its struggles...over 200yds offense is a good number but only 10 pts...the offense ran the ball pretty well with 75yds in the half but the offense didnt get a rythme going...

overall Denver looks like they my surprise, we'll have to wait and see, but so far so good...

any question about any players or anything else, fire away...
EDIT: Von miller with another sack!...

cthommes
08-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion this thread will be very enjoyable to return to in a few months. Sort of like some of those threads a few years back when Denver started 6-0.

For now, my one thought is: why is our 9-7 record last year relevant in a conversation where Denver's abysmal 4 win season isn't?

broncosgc
08-27-2011, 10:52 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion this thread will be very enjoyable to return to in a few months. Sort of like some of those threads a few years back when Denver started 6-0.

For now, my one thought is: why is our 9-7 record last year relevant in a conversation where Denver's abysmal 4 win season isn't?

this thread would only really be enjoyable for a someone like myself...

no one on this thread feels Denver has any shot at making the playoffs other than me...and even i'm admittedly homerishly optimistic...

so if we suck, thats the expectation...but if we don't then i can come back and read all the doubt for kicks...:D...

and i'm not sure i understand your question, btw...

cthommes
08-28-2011, 01:27 AM

no one on this thread feels Denver has any shot at making the playoffs other than me...and even i'm admittedly homerishly optimistic...

so if we suck, thats the expectation...but if we don't then i can come back and read all the doubt for kicks...:D...

and i'm not sure i understand your question, btw...

It's just that I see you responding to people who say Denver sucks with "why, because we sucked last year?" In fact your whole premise for the thread is to point out all the changes that you hope will impart improvement to your team. Which is all fine and dandy, don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of a team too, so I see where your heart is.

But then you persist that the division is weak and the Chargers just aren't that good since they were 9-7 and missed the playoffs last year. A bit odd to lock the division in a 2010 time capsule, except your Broncos.

But I can certainly tell you that I won't be so bold to say "you can't possibly THINK Denver will contend for the division you can only HOPE they will."

perryao
08-28-2011, 08:40 AM

and i'm not sure i understand your question, btw...Why would you read the "doubt" for kicks? You have them yourself. Are you going to read your own doubts for kicks too?

perryao
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
It's just that I see you responding to people who say Denver sucks with "why, because we sucked last year?" In fact your whole premise for the thread is to point out all the changes that you hope will impart improvement to your team. Which is all fine and dandy, don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of a team too, so I see where your heart is.

But then you persist that the division is weak and the Chargers just aren't that good since they were 9-7 and missed the playoffs last year. A bit odd to lock the division in a 2010 time capital, except your Broncos.

But I can certainly tell you that I won't be so bold to say "you can't possibly THINK Denver will contend for the division you can only HOPE they will."A troll by any other name is still a troll. He tries to deny it, and it's sublte, but there it is.

gzubeck
08-28-2011, 02:21 PM
A troll by any other name is still a troll. He tries to deny it, and it's sublte, but there it is.

After last nights poor offensive line blocking anything is possible. Time for camp cupcake to end and Camp Mc'nasty to start. I know were missing mcneil but still the whole offensive line looked like a pop warner team against Arizona. I'm actually glad we got cream puffed by arizona because the o-line will realize that they will have to step it up over the next few weeks. We cannot entirely discount the broncos because look how much better arizona got with the addition of a couple of new key players like Peterson and Kolb. We just don't know how denver will gell over the next 2 months and whether they can pull it together or not. All it would take is for Rivers to get injured for four games and our season could be over if Denver goes 9-7 or 10-6. Not a pleasurable thought but look at how the Chargers went 8-8 and 9-7 out of the last three seasons. ????

SlappyJ
08-28-2011, 03:57 PM
As far as the Broncos go, i was impressed with Denvers new defense, i still dont think they have anybody worth a darn playing in the middle of that D-Line, but with Elvis and Von Miller chasing the QB , man thats scary, their LBing corps were swarming to the ball all night, to me just looking at it all, i see Denver being a suprise team in this division and maybe good enough to finish second in the west this year ahead of both the Raiders and KC.

perryao
08-28-2011, 05:48 PM
After last nights poor offensive line blocking anything is possible. Time for camp cupcake to end and Camp Mc'nasty to start. I know were missing mcneil but still the whole offensive line looked like a pop warner team against Arizona. I'm actually glad we got cream puffed by arizona because the o-line will realize that they will have to step it up over the next few weeks. We cannot entirely discount the broncos because look how much better arizona got with the addition of a couple of new key players like Peterson and Kolb. We just don't know how denver will gell over the next 2 months and whether they can pull it together or not. All it would take is for Rivers to get injured for four games and our season could be over if Denver goes 9-7 or 10-6. Not a pleasurable thought but look at how the Chargers went 8-8 and 9-7 out of the last three seasons. ????
Denver's defense looks good to me. I think they surprise some people this year...as long as they stay healthy. I think they might finish higher than KC. At the very least they will surprise some teams, imo. Let's hope the Chargers aren't one of them.

Brocosgc or whatever is still a troll though.

perryao
08-28-2011, 05:50 PM
As far as the Broncos go, i was impressed with Denvers new defense, i still dont think they have anybody worth a darn playing in the middle of that D-Line, but with Elvis and Von Miller chasing the QB , man thats scary, their LBing corps were swarming to the ball all night, to me just looking at it all, i see Denver being a suprise team in this division and maybe good enough to finish second in the west this year ahead of both the Raiders and KC.I can see it too. With that defense and Orton playing within himself (which Fox will help him do) I think the Broncos can be a force in the AFC West this year. Surprising but that's my opinion.

broncosgc
08-28-2011, 07:55 PM

But then you persist that the division is weak and the Chargers just aren't that good since they were 9-7 and missed the playoffs last year. A bit odd to lock the division in a 2010 time capsule, except your Broncos.

But I can certainly tell you that I won't be so bold to say "you can't possibly THINK Denver will contend for the division you can only HOPE they will."

well the truth of the matter is i HOPE more than THINK they'll win...

if i had to bet my house, i wouldn't proclaim us to make the playoffs...

but as far as your earlier point...why would i look past 2010?...last year the division was up for grabs, so why would it be different now?...

broncosgc
08-28-2011, 08:01 PM
As far as the Broncos go, i was impressed with Denvers new defense, i still dont think they have anybody worth a darn playing in the middle of that D-Line, but with Elvis and Von Miller chasing the QB , man thats scary, their LBing corps were swarming to the ball all night, to me just looking at it all, i see Denver being a suprise team in this division and maybe good enough to finish second in the west this year ahead of both the Raiders and KC.
our DTs obviously is a question but they have held up well so far...we have been kicking Ayers to the inside along with Bunkley and Vickerson playing well... and our pass rush has been impressive as hoped...

but the offense looks good too... i don't want that to be overlooked...Orton has been terrific and the run game has been very effective with Knowshon looking really good... and our redzone offense has been very effective also...

its just preseason but its been a good one so far...

if our offense can play well and our defense can play well...why can't we compete for the AFCW this year?...

perryao
08-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I can see it too. With that defense and Orton playing within himself (which Fox will help him do) I think the Broncos can be a force in the AFC West this year. Surprising but that's my opinion.Just watching "Football Night in Americas" and both Collinworth and Michaels had high praise for Denver. CC said if he was going to pick a surprise team this year, as there is one every year, he would pick Denver. AM said John Fox is very respected in the NFL. Yep, Denver might just surprise. We'll see.

:nono::nono:

perryao
08-28-2011, 09:01 PM
our DTs obviously is a question but they have held up well so far...we have been kicking Ayers to the inside along with Bunkley and Vickerson playing well... and our pass rush has been impressive as hoped...

but the offense looks good too... i don't want that to be overlooked...Orton has been terrific and the run game has been very effective with Knowshon looking really good... and our redzone offense has been very effective also...

if our offense can play well and our defense can play well...why can't we compete for the AFCW this year?...
LOL. Really? Ellipses after a question mark?? Hilarious. I have this mental image of a young Bronco fan talking to other Bronco fans "Heh, heh, we're going to be good this year, dot, dot, dot. Yeh, yeh, Von Miller, Dumervil, dot, dot, dot. Hey, who do we start, Tebow or Ortan? Dot, dot, dot."

Too funny.

gzubeck
08-28-2011, 09:29 PM

Because it would take a meltdown of the Chargers and the Broncos would still have to win 9+ games. I would be shooting for a wildcard spot as a way to claim denver makes it into the playoffs. If they make it by winning the division then it would have to be through a tie breaker or injury plagued season by the chargers.

broncosgc
08-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Because it would take a meltdown of the Chargers and the Broncos would still have to win 9+ games. I would be shooting for a wildcard spot as a way to claim denver makes it into the playoffs. If they make it by winning the division then it would have to be through a tie breaker or injury plagued season by the chargers.
i don't think it would be THAT much of a surprise...

SD won 9 games last year and still will struggle to run the ball, which conversley would be the best way to beat us...

your strength will match to our (hopeful) strength...pass vs pass rushing...

as a defense, we'd prefer you pass on us vs run on us...

and our offense will be effective vs the chargers if you struggle to generate pressure...

i don't think a meltdown is necessary...

cthommes
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Troll away. You have zero credibility when you keep popping off SD's 9 wins like it's a guarantee for this year. But in the same breath how everything will be dramatically different for Denver.

Comedy!

PaCkMaN
08-29-2011, 11:24 PM

SD won 9 games last year and still will struggle to run the ball, which conversley would be the best way to beat us...

and our offense will be effective vs the chargers if you struggle to generate pressure...

I happen to remember a week 17 game last season that Mathews was finally healthy and put up 120yds and 3 tds vs the broncos. Sproles also put up 43yds on the ground.

cthommes
08-29-2011, 11:59 PM
well the truth of the matter is i HOPE more than THINK they'll win...

if i had to bet my house, i wouldn't proclaim us to make the playoffs...

but as far as your earlier point...why would i look past 2010?...last year the division was up for grabs, so why would it be different now?...

Last year the donkeys won four games, so why would it be any different now?

Sundiego
08-30-2011, 01:12 AM

Look Denver has a better pass rush true, and it is very important. However, Chargers have a good pass O line along with Rivers a QB who is good versus the blitz. Also the Denver's secondary is questionable and its D Line has trouble getting push.

What this means is that a max protect scheme, which the Chargers use, along with slants (Something chargers are good at) dump offs and screens will murder the Broncos.

broncosgc
08-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Troll away. You have zero credibility when you keep popping off SD's 9 wins like it's a guarantee for this year. But in the same breath how everything will be dramatically different for Denver.

Comedy!
this isnt the smack thread...

i ask you keep the smack talk from this thread, sir...

broncosgc
08-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Look Denver has a better pass rush true, and it is very important. However, Chargers have a good pass O line along with Rivers a QB who is good versus the blitz. Also the Denver's secondary is questionable and its D Line has trouble getting push.

What this means is that a max protect scheme, which the Chargers use, along with slants (Something chargers are good at) dump offs and screens will murder the Broncos.
you could be very true in all your remarks...

i'm being optimistic since i see no reason not to...:D...

Rivers is good against the blitz but i'm hoping we won't have to blitz to get pressure...

it'll be interesting to see...

broncosgc
08-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I happen to remember a week 17 game last season that Mathews was finally healthy and put up 120yds and 3 tds vs the broncos. Sproles also put up 43yds on the ground.

what do you think Mathews will do this year?...

has he impressed?...i haven't seen him much this preseason...

ShockTreatment
08-30-2011, 05:17 PM
what do you think Mathews will do this year?...

has he impressed?...i haven't seen him much this preseason...

If he can stay healthy he will be a 900-1,000 yard rusher with 12-15 TDs.

4.8-5.3 AVG

broncosgc
08-30-2011, 06:33 PM
If he can stay healthy he will be a 900-1,000 yard rusher with 12-15 TDs.

4.8-5.3 AVG

only 1000 yds?...so he's going to split carries with
Tolbert?...

ShockTreatment
08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
only 1000 yds?...so he's going to split carries with
Tolbert?...

Ya, it's a two back system.

ShowYourBolts
08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
How cute, the Donks named Quinn and Tebow the #2 QB.

Wonder if it was to help caress poor Timmy's hurt feelings? :rolleyes:

pacstud
08-31-2011, 11:13 AM
How cute, the Donks named Quinn and Tebow the #2 QB.

Wonder if it was to help caress poor Timmy's hurt feelings? :rolleyes:

My translation:

Timmy is the #2 in that he'll get 3 or 4 snaps a game as a gimmick QB.

Brady is the #2 in that if Orton goes down and Donkeys need a real NFL QB then he will play.

charger1_sj
08-31-2011, 12:25 PM
you could be very true in all your remarks...

i'm being optimistic since i see no reason not to...:D...

Rivers is good against the blitz but i'm hoping we won't have to blitz to get pressure...

it'll be interesting to see...

If you don't blitz you won't get pressure.

Your biggest question mark is going to be defense. Next would be how effective the ground game is going to be. If those two areas are OK you're good to go and will challenge for 2nd place. Sorry the D belongs to us.

chargertom
08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
My translation:

Brady is the #2 in that if Orton goes down and Donkeys need a real NFL QB then he will play.

So they get an extra roster spot, by naming 2 players to the same position? :eek: :mad: :nono:

This is an outrage! Them dang cheatin' Donks are at it again!

ShowYourBolts
08-31-2011, 01:24 PM
My translation:

I'm sure that'll be how it works, however I just find it funny because of the new rules regarding the #3 QB.

Whatever, I guess they had to throw the fans and Timmy some sort of bone.

broncosgc
08-31-2011, 04:54 PM
If you don't blitz you won't get pressure.

Your biggest question mark is going to be defense. Next would be how effective the ground game is going to be. If those two areas are OK you're good to go and will challenge for 2nd place. Sorry the D belongs to us.

how do you know this already?...

have you seen von miller?...this kid has 3.5 sacks in 5 quarters so far, lol...

in any event, we'll just have to wait and see....good news is we don't have much longer to wait anymore...:Cheers: