PDA

View Full Version : The Raiders are a threat

brianram8
09-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Just saying I think they are a threat to take the AFC west tittle from us this year. I hope we can win enough games and it wont matter but you have got to admit they are a huge threat to the San Diego Chargers success. I don't know that we would have beaten the Jets playing like we did today in NY but that is all speculation. I really hope we can pull it out and win the West and see where we go in the Playoffs but im just stating the truth. I also think this thread will get moved to around the league topics. But we shall see.

crixus
09-26-2011, 01:41 AM
They most definitely are a threat. Don't forget that they won the last two against us. It's time to put an end to that little streak. :Bolt:

gatomalo
09-26-2011, 01:51 AM
They have less talent but they are playing better than the Chargers right now. McFadden is a bigger challenge to this defense than the Vikes AP was. The weakness on the Raiders is at QB and WR. Their WRs are inconsistent as is their QB.

JonBassett
09-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Hopefully we will have sorted our act out by the time we face the Raiders in week 7 I think, their running game is going to give us fits and Campbell actually being able to pass the ball will compound that!

sdbenk
09-26-2011, 02:04 AM
I hope we are ready for the Raiders team this year. I remember last year they had almost the same guys; horrible QB, WRs, and great RB. They somehow used their players effectively in every possible way and came out with two W's.

Campbell makes up for his sloppy throwing with sneaky rushes that takes SD completely off-guard, most of the time gaining a crucial 1st down. He's also pretty good with the QB sneak at the goal-line, something Rivers is terrible at.

The Raiders' WRs are horrid but damn do they make key plays when it counts.

AP was a great test but obviously McFadden is having a better year this season and we shall see if we can stop him.

Their defense has been murderous this year. The way they went after Orton on week 1 will give our O-line a run for its money. I've been yearning for a 1st round o-linemen for years now and I hope we get it this year because our pocket is falling apart. Rivers won't last the season if this carries on.

Adeon
09-26-2011, 02:08 AM
I don't know that we would have beaten the Jets playing like we did today in NY but that is all speculation.
Just for accuracy's sake, the Raiders were playing at home. :logo

gatomalo
09-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Just fix the right side of the Oline. Replace Vasquez with Mooch who used to play RG, and Dombrowski for Clary. Dombro outplayed Clary last year. Stop the leaks on the right side and watch how fast Rivers turns around.

Start having Coach Wilson work with Sperry as an Hback to replace Hester as a backfield pass blocker and even a lead blocker on runs. Sperry showed marked improvement in his blocking this year, so its time to put it to good use.

The Chargers can't beat the Raiders the way they are playing now. Its time to shake things up before the hard part of the schedule.

brianram8
09-26-2011, 02:26 AM
I hope we are ready for the Raiders team this year. I remember last year they had almost the same guys; horrible QB, WRs, and great RB. They somehow used their players effectively in every possible way and came out with two W's.

Campbell makes up for his sloppy throwing with sneaky rushes that takes SD completely off-guard, most of the time gaining a crucial 1st down. He's also pretty good with the QB sneak at the goal-line, something Rivers is terrible at.

The Raiders' WRs are horrid but damn do they make key plays when it counts.

AP was a great test but obviously McFadden is having a better year this season and we shall see if we can stop him.

Their defense has been murderous this year. The way they went after Orton on week 1 will give our O-line a run for its money. I've been yearning for a 1st round o-linemen for years now and I hope we get it this year because our pocket is falling apart. Rivers won't last the season if this carries on.

I think you hit on a lot of key points as too why the San Diego Chargers will have a tough time against the raiders. I really hope we can fix the problems we are bound to face. I really hope the Chargers play up to their potential and then it wont matter how good the raiders play.

Chargerfreak
09-26-2011, 05:22 AM
Just for accuracy's sake, the Raiders were playing at home. :logo
It is more than just a correction there. It is extremely hard to travel 3000 miles and beat anyone.

The faiders ? meh. They suck.

CharginDC
09-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Its safe to say that Every team in the NFL is a threat. Sqeaked one out yesterday, while several CMB posters wrote the next three weeks as a bye. Its not only the Raiders, but the Chargers and all other teams that are real threat.

Va Bolt
09-26-2011, 05:55 AM
As of NOW I can't see how anyone can consider the Chargers a threat to the Raiders much less than any of our opponents.Chargers look EXTREMELY FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DDevil88
09-26-2011, 06:10 AM
I love the CMB. Just when I think I've gone crazy, I read some of the things here. Then I feel so much better.

plcowner
09-26-2011, 06:16 AM
I love the CMB. Just when I think I've gone crazy, I read some of the things here. Then I feel so much better.

I have nothing to say but :LightsOut:

endzonecrazy
09-26-2011, 06:17 AM
I hate to say it but I think they are playing the best football right now. The seasons early but I haven't seen alot from us that makes me think we are ready to stand up to the physical play they can bring to the table. Minus not having a QB (Just a small detail!!!) the rest of their team reminds me of how we played in 06. Great running back, physical running game, physical defense.

One thing in the last decade or so we can always count on Uncle Al to blow something good up. Let's hope he stays true to form. Also, I really don't see Campbell holding up to playoff pressure. But they are looking good right now.

SDDon
09-26-2011, 06:30 AM
The Raiders Defense is just AWSOME or NOT. Ranked 28th in the league by yards. 289.7 passing per game allowed and 120.3 rushing per game for a total of 410.0 per game. By points they are ranked 28th also with 27.3 PPG average.

Defensive issues, no franchise QB, that will allow them to show there TRUE COLORS by the end of the year.

26th ranked passing attack in football by YPG.

The Raiders host the Pats next then travel to Houston the week after that. We could have a 2 game lead on the Raiders going into our bye week.

bolthead123
09-26-2011, 06:35 AM
I don't see us beating them at this point in the season. They know how to play us -- those lineman are very strong and physical on both sides of the ball and they were shoving our guys around even before they started beating us last seaason. I hope Rivers and the offense can get into sync before we face them in week 10.

MidwestBolt
09-26-2011, 06:41 AM
There's no doubt the Raiders are looking solid early, but I agree with SDDon...A few more weeks will tell if they are for real, or not.

SDynasty
09-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Just saying I think they are a threat to take the AFC west tittle from us this year. I hope we can win enough games and it wont matter but you have got to admit they are a huge threat to the San Diego Chargers success. I don't know that we would have beaten the Jets playing like we did today in NY but that is all speculation. I really hope we can pull it out and win the West and see where we go in the Playoffs but im just stating the truth. I also think this thread will get moved to around the league topics. But we shall see.

raiders are WAY more physical and will beat us up 2x again this year. too bad man we owned them for like 5.5 years

CruX
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM

They are absolutely a threat. As much as I hate to admit it, if they were playing today, I would pick the Raiders to win simply because they finally have some focus in the run game. They run downhill, they apply pressure on defense. And all this talk about being a "bully" in the AFC is sinking in for them and they are gaining confidence.

Luckily its still early in the season so there is still a lot that can unfold. I'm cautiously optimistic that the Chargers will start to really get going. The Raiders still have some holes in their defense but so far, they are getting it done.

mikelopez1984
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I think the Raiders are the best team in the division RIGHT NOW.
They're playing very physical and smart football.
I don't believe the Chargers are ready to face the Raiders yet.

Sundiego
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Look the Raiders were BOUND to get better. You can have an incompetent Gm, which they do, and an average coach, which they do and still win games with their talent.

Look they had one of the worst records in a big stretch of time. They have been picking in the top 10 for YEARS now. No how bad your GM, hell fans could do it to, your bound to get a few gems and get good players.

The Raiders even go deep in free agency. So it is no surprise that after 10 years of being one of the worst teams in the league that they have talent.

drangus
09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
anyone that doesn't realize the raiders are becoming a solid team is in denial, they swept us and the rest of the division last year too, people need to open their eyes or our little empire is going to be raided by barbarians

drangus
09-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Luckily we dont go the black hole until Jan 1st. hopefully this isnt a division deciding game

the way things are going we'll be lucky to be in the division race going into that game.

fireknuckles
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
the way things are going we'll be lucky to be in the division race going into that game.

That is mathematically incorrect. With the Raiders being 2-1 and the Chargers being 2-1, "the way things are going" both will have the same record going into that game.

drangus
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM
That is mathematically incorrect. With the Raiders being 2-1 and the Chargers being 2-1, "the way things are going" both will have the same record going into that game.

with the way things are going on the field

fireknuckles
09-26-2011, 12:34 PM
with the way things are going on the field

You mean winning close games on the field against "teams they should be blowing out? Yep, same result.

drangus
09-26-2011, 12:42 PM
You mean winning close games on the field against "teams they should be blowing out? Yep, same result.

I mean turning the ball over, mistake prone football with our franchise QB getting thrown around like a rag doll on every passing play, and the defense has become passive reverting back to the cotrell syndrome of giving up long conversion on third down.

Lightiningsmack
09-26-2011, 01:07 PM
They have a good DL and LB but after losing Asomugha I don't think their secondary can hang with Rivers & Co. We put up like 400+ yards through the air at their house last year. I didn't watch the clunker at home but since we were injured I don't put too much stock in that one.

ShockTreatment
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Its safe to say that Every team in the NFL is a threat. Sqeaked one out yesterday, while several CMB posters wrote the next three weeks as a bye. Its not only the Raiders, but the Chargers and all other teams that are real threat.

While I respect the fact that KC may have played their hearts out in a divisional game, an with all due respect to the Chargers, they should have blown out Kansas City. End of story.

meromerosd
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
They are playing good solid hardnosed footbal right now. At this point TheRaiders>ThaChagiaz.

Cfan10
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
While I respect the fact that KC may have played their hearts out in a divisional game, an with all due respect to the Chargers, they should have blown out Kansas City. End of story.

the game is not played on paper. the other team has players with talent and pride too. Nothing you can do when Bowe made back to back spectacular catches to score one TD and McCluster ran well when the Dline was shorthanded due to injuries.

SDDon
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
The Raiders Defense is just AWSOME or NOT. Ranked 28th in the league by yards. 289.7 passing per game allowed and 120.3 rushing per game for a total of 410.0 per game. By points they are ranked 28th also with 27.3 PPG average.

Defensive issues, no franchise QB, that will allow them to show there TRUE COLORS by the end of the year.

26th ranked passing attack in football by YPG.

The Raiders host the Pats next then travel to Houston the week after that. We could have a 2 game lead on the Raiders going into our bye week.

The Sky is Falling crowd is having a siezure over the Raiders today, so I thought I would BUMP and ENLARGE a few facts into the equation. I hope this helps.

meromerosd
09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
The Sky is Falling crowd is having a siezure over the Raiders today, so I thought I would BUMP and ENLARGE a few facts into the equation. I hope this helps.

I think what is meant by several of these post, well at least mine, is that the Raiders RIGHT NOW are playing their best football, the Chargers are NOT. They seem to be operating at full steam but there is a possibility they will slow down eventually. But what they do they do well.

ktmjim
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I think what is meant by several of these post, well at least mine, is that the Raiders RIGHT NOW are playing their best football, the Chargers are NOT. They seem to be operating at full steam but there is a possibility they will slow down eventually. But what they do they do well.

One of those things they do best is fade from the playoff picture as the season wears on. Hopefully they will continue that pratice.

AK46um
09-26-2011, 02:39 PM
One of those things they do best is fade from the playoff picture as the season wears on. Hopefully they will continue that pratice.

It's a long season. Not too many teams can win consistently for an entire season. The Pats have and the Colts used to. Then you have select teams that pick up down the stretch-some of which won a SB. Then you have the rest that "fade". I think we all know which category the Raiders fall into.

DDevil88
09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Won't know till we play them Nov 8.

long time where stuff can happen. Didn't McFadden just get hurt.

meromerosd
09-26-2011, 02:50 PM

That is what I meant, IMO, they are playing at their best right now. It wont last

SDDon
09-26-2011, 04:05 PM
That is what I meant, IMO, they are playing at their best right now. It wont last

They have a good run game on offense. How is having a 5th worst defense playing there best. That passing game won't allow them to keep up in some games and that will probaly be exposed this week against NE.

Get back to me in 2 weeks about the Raiders, they win the next 2 I will give them some props that they will be there the entire year, otherwise it is the same ole same ole Raiders.

I also think that we match up much better against the Raiders this year. Spikes and Sanders were brought in to address some of issues against power run teams. With the Steelers and the Jets not able to run the ball like they have in the past the Raiders are the only power run team left.

RIPgriggs
09-26-2011, 04:18 PM
QB vs QB - chargers
OL VS OL - ???
DL VS DL - raiders
LB vs LB - ???
CB vs CB - chargers
safety vs safety - chargers
rb vs rb - raiders
wr vs wr - chargers
te vs te - chargers

medafor
09-26-2011, 04:48 PM
McFadden has been going off, Jason Campbell is probably the best QB they have had in awhile. Look for them to be solid contenders in the west.

meromerosd
09-26-2011, 05:29 PM
They have a good run game on offense. How is having a 5th worst defense playing there best. That passing game won't allow them to keep up in some games and that will probaly be exposed this week against NE.

Get back to me in 2 weeks about the Raiders, they win the next 2 I will give them some props that they will be there the entire year, otherwise it is the same ole same ole Raiders.

I also think that we match up much better against the Raiders this year. Spikes and Sanders were brought in to address some of issues against power run teams. With the Steelers and the Jets not able to run the ball like they have in the past the Raiders are the only power run team left.

Do you not read my posts? They are playing good right now, I said they won't get any better than they are playing. Their O-line is tough, But their D is way too suspect, especially that secondary. Their "high level of play" will not last. When I wrote they wont last I meant they are going to be exposed.

SDCPB
09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Who you want to win between New England and Oakland? I hate them both. I hope they get in a tie.

Oside89
09-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Who you want to win between New England and Oakland? I hate them both. I hope they get in a tie.

I'm so sick of east coast bias. I want the Raiders to beat New England. I want the AFC west to be tough and I want the Chargers to be the toughest in the West.

When the going gets tough the tough get going. Tired of hearing about the Chargers being a finesse team.

williammg
09-26-2011, 07:36 PM
I think the Raiders are the best team in the division RIGHT NOW.
They're playing very physical and smart football.
I don't believe the Chargers are ready to face the Raiders yet.
I have to agree, Raiders play physical defense and offense is getting better every week. We don't play well against Defenses like that (see, ravens, steelers, games against the raiders recently)
I need to see improvement from us before I can say more. Chargers may be in trouble.

Raiderfan80
09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Do you not read my posts? They are playing good right now, I said they won't get any better than they are playing. Their O-line is tough, But their D is way too suspect, especially that secondary. Their "high level of play" will not last. When I wrote they wont last I meant they are going to be exposed.

D-Line pressure covers up a weak secondary. If we dont get pressure then we are exposed otherwise its gonna be a long day for any QB who gets pressure by our front four.

pacstud
09-26-2011, 10:23 PM
This just in:

The Raiders are a threat.

That is all.

BlackHeart
09-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm so sick of east coast bias. I want the Raiders to beat New England. I want the AFC west to be tough and I want the Chargers to be the toughest in the West.

When the going gets tough the tough get going. Tired of hearing about the Chargers being a finesse team.

Yea, I would really like the Chargers at 100% when we face each other but as of right now you guys have nothing to worry about the season just started. As far as New England goes we will have fun with them since
we have nothing to lose.

dumsux
09-27-2011, 09:25 AM
I was impressed and slightly worried with that 6 O-linemen look. How do the Bolts match that? They got big, fast talent on both lines and good RB's. Should they stop with penalties and stupid mistakes they can win the West.

btw - they sorta did last year 6-0 division....

SDCPB
09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Sorry, as much as it sickens me. I have to pull for the Pats. we need any help we can get in this division. WE are a slow starting team and we need Oakland to lose as much as possible. They go to GB the week after I'm pretty sure.

If I had to choose between one of them it would have to be Oakland. Would help to keep New England from having home field advantage.

WootMonkey
09-27-2011, 10:08 AM
If I had to choose between one of them it would have to be Oakland. Would help to keep New England from having home field advantage.

Always root for a division rival to lose first, especially if they are the Raiders and even more so if they are your competition for the playoffs.

You need to make the POs before worrying about home field.

Go Pats on Sunday.

Bigbirdsd
09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Now I'm not a Pollyanna when it comes to jumping on and off the bandwagon, I've been firmly on the Chargers bandwagon since 1961 and never thought about stepping off, but I'm not happy with what the Raiders have put together this year.
Their run game is something we will have major issues with if we keep playing the way we've been playing and our passing game makes me think Matthews should get 30 plus touches a game to keep us in the game.
We need to fix the right side of the O-line (Clary) before Rivers gets killed or maimed, I think that's why Rivers has happy feet, he see's the pass rush and can't avoid it.
We need something to change before week 7 or we are in big trouble.

Al "T.D." Bundy
09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Next game is vs. Miami, isn't it?

:confused:

LightsOutLVI
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Their run game is something we will have major issues with if we keep playing the way we've been playing and our passing game makes me think Matthews should get 30 plus touches a game to keep us in the game.
We need to fix the right side of the O-line (Clary) before Rivers gets killed or maimed, I think that's why Rivers has happy feet, he see's the pass rush and can't avoid it.

Here's the thing, though. If we opt to constantly run, we become predictable, and therefore easy to stop. Personally, I think Mr. Egghead (aka Clary) needs to go, been thinking that for a couple of years now... It takes one loose brick to bring a wall down, and it always seems to be it's the right side.

I even fixed that in Madden a couple of weeks ago, and it worked wonders. Why should real life be different? :D

gatomalo
09-27-2011, 11:04 AM
In the run attack it isn't Clary that is the problem. It's Vasquez is the weak link and why they will rotate Green in on run plays. Actually Clary is better at run blocking than pass blocking. His weakness isn't exposed when he is run blocking.

Both Dombrowski and Mooch are better run blockers than Clary and Vasquez or even Green. I don't think its a coincidence that when Mooch was in for Hardwick and Dombrowski has been in they have run better and more consistently than with the starters.

LightsOutLVI
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
In the run attack it isn't Clary that is the problem. It's Vasquez is the weak link and why they will rotate Green in on run plays. Actually Clary is better at run blocking than pass blocking. His weakness isn't exposed when he is run blocking.

Both Dombrowski and Mooch are better run blockers than Clary and Vasquez or even Green. I don't think its a coincidence that when Mooch was in for Hardwick and Dombrowski has been in they have run better and more consistently than with the starters.

Good points, sir. My gripe with Clary is that he is shy of laying a red carpet for pass rushers, which results on what the OP is saying, relying more on the run because of that.

Running the ball brings all that you point out, though.

ShockTreatment
09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Would the Raiders beat us in week 4 of the season with how we have been playing? Probably.

Will the Raiders beat us in week 7? Unkown.

sdbenk
09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
I think the Raiders will lose to the Pats this week. However, I think they'll give them a run for their money.

gatomalo
09-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Last year they had a good year running the ball but it was left side oriented for a reason. I have issues with Dielman in his pass blocking but I will give him his due as a run blocker and that is why he has stayed a starter despite his occasional laspes in pass protection.

The problem with that is as opposing teams see that tendency it becomes easier to defend it.

The Moekid
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Now I'm not a Pollyanna when it comes to jumping on and off the bandwagon, I've been firmly on the Chargers bandwagon since 1961 and never thought about stepping off, but I'm not happy with what the Raiders have put together this year.

wow, hitting the panic button very early. Let's see, you're already fretting over a game almost a month away and want us to change our entire offensive philosophy for that game?

sonorajim
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
We need something to change before week 7 or we are in big trouble. Don't be silly. Rivers has been sacked less than most QBs, our OL is better than avg, just not elite.

The Raiders are an interesting case in point though with their collection of waiver wire FAs and 1st, 2nd year OL, new OL coach. They make the lie to continuity helping. The Oak OL are playing very well blocking for DMC, or is it just his quality and experience showing?
Maybe Hal Hunter is SD's OL problem.;)

LightsOutLVI
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
wow, hitting the panic button very early. Let's see, you're already fretting over a game almost a month away and want us to change our entire offensive philosophy for that game?

If not now, when? The day after the game? You think we are better off with the would've, should've, could've philosophy?

The Raiders are the team to keep in check if we are to go to the playoffs and return where we belong, as division champs. Squeaking into the postseason because of other team's misfortunes ain't the way to do it anymore.

Asimov
09-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Raiders worked us last year. Still a tough, physical team and we'll have our hands full when we play them, I'm sure. But that's way too far in the future to worry about right now.

Oside89
09-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm glad the Raiders are winning sick of hearing about the Jets and Patriots. The Raiders are in the mould of the Steelers and Ravens. We need to beat the physical teams. The Raiders will be a good warm up, beat them and go to the playoffs.

Raider/ Charger rivalry might be fun again. I hope the Raider throw Brady at Belicheat this week. Seymour will make his old team pay.

The Chargers just need to get healthy. The Raiders will fade away.

ktmjim
09-27-2011, 11:56 AM
You think we are better off with the would've, should've, could've philosophy?

As in should plan now for the dolphins and will plan for the raiders when the time comes?

Or as in whoops we shoud've planned for the dolphins but we were busy planning for the raiders?

andocug
09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Would the Raiders beat us in week 4 of the season with how we have been playing? Probably.

Will the Raiders beat us in week 7? Unkown.

Exactly right. The Raiders are playing well right now but they're not exactly known for finishing seasons strong. They've gone 3-4 in the final 7 games the past three seasons.

They're a good team and deserved to beat us twice last year. Who knows what happens to our teeam or theirs by the time that week 7 rolls around.

I like our roster and will take our chances against anyone we play regardless of where the game is held. We'll get swept again by Oakland and get beat by a a few other teams no doubt should we continue to give the ball away early and often and blow scoring chances. If we find a way to take better care of the ball and play smarter, then we'll likely win 11-12 games this season and win the division (likely sweeping Oakland in the process).

All I'm hoping is that we play smarter and more focused football week to week and that we get the win against Miami on Sunday.

Urgency
09-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Don't be silly. Rivers has been sacked less than most QBs, our OL is better than avg, just not elite.

The Raiders are an interesting case in point though with their collection of waiver wire FAs and 1st, 2nd year OL, new OL coach. They make the lie to continuity helping. The Oak OL are playing very well blocking for DMC, or is it just his quality and experience showing?
Maybe Hal Hunter is SD's OL problem.;)

Actually I think I saw that Rivers was the third most sacked Qb in football last year. He isnt looking like the picture of confidence right now.

Al "T.D." Bundy
09-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Actually I think I saw that Rivers was the third most sacked Qb in football last year. He isnt looking like the picture of confidence right now.

That's correct.

He's been sacked 6 more times this season, tied for 15th, i.e. middle of the pack.

Clearly pass protection is an issue. This is not an "elite" unit.

LightsOutLVI
09-27-2011, 12:31 PM
As in should plan now for the dolphins and will plan for the raiders when the time comes?

Or as in whoops we shoud've planned for the dolphins but we were busy planning for the raiders?

If a team prepares by fixing all, or most, that causes them a headache (in our case O-line, more pass rushing, etc.) you prepare for the [insert opposing team name here]. The sooner, the better.

BigBadBarry
09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10272382.jpg

1) The idea that the first few weeks of the season are too soon to hit the panic button is the same idea that was part of the reason why we didn't even make the playoffs last year. Struggling early in the season leads to struggling mid season, which leads to battling to clinch even a wild card birth. To me, this season looks like it's the same old Chargers, failing to beat decent teams and struggling to defeat the worst teams in the league, the only difference being this season we have faced 2 teams that are currently win-less, leaving us at 2-1 instead of our typical 0-3 or 1-2.

2) I would say that we should change our entire offensive philosophy not just for that game a month away, but for the entire season. When was the last time the Chargers have opened up and sealed the deal in the first half? For once it would be nice to see this "high powered offense, #1 offense, etc" I hear so much about go out onto the field and just put bad teams to rest early. With talent this good, we shouldn't be barely outscoring opponents, we should have a handful of utter blowouts each season.

I think our biggest philosophy change needs to occur in the red zone. This is a MAJOR reason why our #1 offense didn't even make the playoffs. We would usually pass our way down the field only to resort to poor playcalling inside the 10 that would yield 3 instead of 7 points. We are not a power running team - stop calling Power I formations with no wide receivers, this allows the D to clutter up the middle of the field and dedicate LBs to stuffing our meager up-the-middle run game. Spread the D out and please dont resort to that laughable shotgun formation delay Hester handoff. It doesn't work. Use the massive 6'5" receivers that got you down to the red zone in the first place. Norv just doesn't have a clue near the goal line. On a related note, our O-line is average at pass protection, as for run blocking and creating holes, they are simply too small and cant push the guys around enough to open up lanes. Yeah they ran some against some of these terrible teams we've faced, but dont let that fool you. Better teams will sniff out and snuff out our inside run game.

Wolfpack Fan
09-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Here are the sack stats from last year:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/sacks/year/2010

Charger Dodger
09-27-2011, 01:02 PM
DMC is going to run all over us. Watch.

ShockTreatment
09-27-2011, 02:11 PM
DMC is going to run all over us. Watch.

He does that to most teams.

Honestly though, I see us losing to the Raiders via the air and their Defense creating plays (strip sacks anyone?).

Our Run D is actually very good. It's our secondary that has been atrocious. Something I didn't foresee before the season.

Charger Dodger
09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
He does that to most teams.

Honestly though, I see us losing to the Raiders via the air and their Defense creating plays (strip sacks anyone?).

Our Run D is actually very good. It's our secondary that has been atrocious. Something I didn't foresee before the season.

I don't know if it's the defense or Manusky, but our D is looking lost out there. If we don't shape up the D, then for sure we already lost the game vs the Raiders. This years RAiders is making me hate them more and more

IlladelphiaBolt
09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
The Raiders built their team to win in the division. DLine to pressure QBs because they know Rivers will beat them. Run game to keep Rivers off the field and exploit a mediocre DLine. They're built to win in the division, and oddly enough it exploits the Jets' weakness (DLine), Pats' and etc. They have probably the toughest running game in the league.

Also our D has been solid it doesn't deserve the hate.

gzubeck
09-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't know if it's the defense or Manusky, but our D is looking lost out there. If we don't shape up the D, then for sure we already lost the game vs the Raiders. This years RAiders is making me hate them more and more

This years Raiders are better than last years chiefs who won the division. If we go to sleep for more than a couple games this season the raiders could steal the division from us.

SP17BOLT
09-27-2011, 08:35 PM
At this rate. Raiders would beat the crap out of us, the way we are playing they would beat us no problem. Their running game would penetrate through our Defense, and their Defense would create enough turnovers to win. We're lucky we play them until November, by then, we got our issue resolved, and they have cooled down a bit, even so, it was proven last year they can beat us anytime. Simply, they win because they will be the better team, and i will not hate nor feel any remorse for them.

BlackHeart
09-27-2011, 08:46 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10272382.jpg

1) The idea that the first few weeks of the season are too soon to hit the panic button is the same idea that was part of the reason why we didn't even make the playoffs last year. Struggling early in the season leads to struggling mid season, which leads to battling to clinch even a wild card birth. To me, this season looks like it's the same old Chargers, failing to beat decent teams and struggling to defeat the worst teams in the league, the only difference being this season we have faced 2 teams that are currently win-less, leaving us at 2-1 instead of our typical 0-3 or 1-2.

2) I would say that we should change our entire offensive philosophy not just for that game a month away, but for the entire season. When was the last time the Chargers have opened up and sealed the deal in the first half? For once it would be nice to see this "high powered offense, #1 offense, etc" I hear so much about go out onto the field and just put bad teams to rest early. With talent this good, we shouldn't be barely outscoring opponents, we should have a handful of utter blowouts each season.

I think our biggest philosophy change needs to occur in the red zone. This is a MAJOR reason why our #1 offense didn't even make the playoffs. We would usually pass our way down the field only to resort to poor playcalling inside the 10 that would yield 3 instead of 7 points. We are not a power running team - stop calling Power I formations with no wide receivers, this allows the D to clutter up the middle of the field and dedicate LBs to stuffing our meager up-the-middle run game. Spread the D out and please dont resort to that laughable shotgun formation delay Hester handoff. It doesn't work. Use the massive 6'5" receivers that got you down to the red zone in the first place. Norv just doesn't have a clue near the goal line. On a related note, our O-line is average at pass protection, as for run blocking and creating holes, they are simply too small and cant push the guys around enough to open up lanes. Yeah they ran some against some of these terrible teams we've faced, but dont let that fool you. Better teams will sniff out and snuff out our inside run game.

Charger fans, We are only in Week 4 so anything can happen down the road. I also wanted to ask did Cromartie lose a step or did Mcfadden make him look that slow? Can't believe Al was ready to throw a lot of money at Cromartie. He won't last long in New York imo.

BlackHeart
09-27-2011, 08:49 PM
At this rate. Raiders would beat the crap out of us, the way we are playing they would beat us no problem. Their running game would penetrate through our Defense, and their Defense would create enough turnovers to win. We're lucky we play them until November, by then, we got our issue resolved, and they have cooled down a bit, even so, it was proven last year they can beat us anytime. Simply, they win because they will be the better team, and i will not hate nor feel any remorse for them.

Funny thing is that they were highly upset about letting that Bills game get away and we were not healthy going into that Jets game.

SP17BOLT
09-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Funny thing is that they were highly upset about letting that Bills game get away and we were not healthy going into that Jets game.

Bills look to be the real deal, not a bad way to lose, but looking at the highlights that game could have gone the Raiders way. Imo, the Jets are overrated, not a bad team, and certainly a good win for the Raiders. I expect the Patriots vs Raiders game to be a close one. Good luck

ShockTreatment
09-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Raiders will beat the Patriots.

That's my prediction for this weekend. Then everyone will crown the Raiders and be brought back down later in the year as the pats and Raiders both are exposed.

fireknuckles
09-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Seems there are a lot of Raider fans on the CMB these days. Things have certainly changed around here. Even during the 2004 season, BEFORE the Chargers learned to be good, you wouldn't see people talking positively about the Raiders or proclaiming that they would win.

SP17BOLT
09-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Go Pats (as I vomit in my mouth)

I am a Charger fan 1st, and whoever is playing the Patriots. I said that once. I got to reevaluate myself, I want the Patriots to win, but wouldn't mind seeing them crumble to the ground. I despise Tom Brady!

SP17BOLT
09-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Me too. But we need the raiders to lose my man

Can they both defeat each other? :Cheers:

BlackHeart
09-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Bills look to be the real deal, not a bad way to lose, but looking at the highlights that game could have gone the Raiders way. Imo, the Jets are overrated, not a bad team, and certainly a good win for the Raiders. I expect the Patriots vs Raiders game to be a close one. Good luck

Thanks for the Luck, The players know what the Patriots are all about and wasn't jumping for joy after beating the Jets cause they knew Tom Brady was coming to Oakland next. They went right back to work. Hopefully we keep playing hard and don't lay an egg in which we are capable of doing.

BigBadBarry
09-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Charger fans, We are only in Week 4 so anything can happen down the road.

Yeah anything can happen. Especially since struggling against bad teams and losing to decent ones due to poor coaching and lack of discipline are counted among anything.

BlackHeart
09-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Seems there are a lot of Raider fans on the CMB these days. Things have certainly changed around here. Even during the 2004 season, BEFORE the Chargers learned to be good, you wouldn't see people talking positively about the Raiders or proclaiming that they would win.

LOL I'm a friend of a member of this board off the site and he or she doesn't want me to mention his or her board name.

fireknuckles
09-27-2011, 10:39 PM
LOL I'm a friend of a member of this board off the site and he or she doesn't want me to mention his or her board name.

I actually wasn't referring to you at all. I know where your allegiance lies sir! :logo :logo :logo

SP17BOLT
09-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the Luck, The players know what the Patriots are all about and wasn't jumping for joy after beating the Jets cause they knew Tom Brady was coming to Oakland next. They went right back to work. Hopefully we keep playing hard and don't lay an egg in which we are capable of doing.

All teams are capable of losing.

Chargerfreak
09-28-2011, 04:11 AM
I do believe the raiders are a threat. They are a threat to keep right on sucking all season and for every year that they are a team too.

NoVA619
09-28-2011, 06:59 AM

I hope they beat each other down so badly that they self-destruct and neither can win any more games this year.

SDCPB
09-28-2011, 12:47 PM

Yeah, if they tie.

I know the Raiders need to be beaten but their other games are still losable and Oakland is subject to cooling down later in the season.

If the Patriots lose it keeps them further away from having a home playoff game. Also so that it can help us with a wildcard chance if we need to. I'm hoping Buffalo can hang on to that AFC East.

BlackHeart
09-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I actually wasn't referring to you at all. I know where your allegiance lies sir! :logo :logo :logo

The silver and black is in my blood.

BlackHeart
09-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I do believe the raiders are a threat. They are a threat to keep right on sucking all season and for every year that they are a team too.

Well, If the players words are true they plan on playing hard week in and week out. The Bills game got to them.

chargertom
09-28-2011, 09:29 PM
The silver and black is in my blood.

There is blue and yellow medication available for that. :LightsOut:

Chargerfreak
09-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Well, If the players words are true they plan on playing hard week in and week out. The Bills game got to them.What exactly did you expect them to say. "We have sucked so good for so long that we know we cannot finish a season to save our lives." ??

BlackHeart
09-29-2011, 05:30 PM
What exactly did you expect them to say. "We have sucked so good for so long that we know we cannot finish a season to save our lives." ??

The point is they used to say nothing like "I want to win and we want to be bullies every time we take the field!"

They used to saying nothing, get their game checks, get their asses kicked and walked away with their tails between the legs. How about as a rival realize that they are TRYING and WANTING to win instead of just showing up to play like they used to do in the past!

Va Bolt
09-29-2011, 06:38 PM
The Raiders are playing very inspired football and if we had them this coming week,we would be in trouble.
I think alot of a CMB is living in the past.Predictions based on what was leads to false expectations.
SD's D have been suspect for 8 of the 12 quarters they've played.
The O's bright spot has been Mathews and VJ.
DL is beat up
Gates what 60% at best
Flyod,can't finish a game
OL I don't think is that awful but not elite
Sanders on IR but I thought he was a AJ washed up
Castillo out,I know many don't like him but the 1st game against the Raiders will change your mind.
Kaeding on IR.
I said once and will say it again.SD looks just like they did in their last game of the season vs the Bengals.FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chopper31
09-29-2011, 06:47 PM
They have less talent but they are playing better than the Chargers right now. McFadden is a bigger challenge to this defense than the Vikes AP was. The weakness on the Raiders is at QB and WR. Their WRs are inconsistent as is their QB.

They definitely are a smashmouth style team, and that scares me.

As for the WR's don't forget about Jacoby Ford... He is a rising star, and someone I would want on our team. Losing Zach Miller was a big strike against them though.

Not looking forward to facing these guys this year (twice)...

chargertom
09-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Isn't Jacoby Ford hurt already?

chargertom
09-29-2011, 09:23 PM
How about as a rival realize that they are TRYING and WANTING to win instead of just showing up to play like they used to do in the past!

Don't worry. There is still plenty of time left for them to go 5-11. :LightsOut:

RIPgriggs
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
raiders defense has under performed early on this year. most likely only going to get better as the season goes on.

the WR and offenseive line of the raiders have out played expectations early on especially with the injuries to the WR's , the young rookie has stepped in and they have not missed a beat.

the QB has only seemed to improve since he has came to oakland.

the TE's have done nothing this year so far.

mcfadden is looking to have a great season.

home field advantage is a factor in oakland if they can keep filling their stadium for home games it is going to be hard for teams to win there.

i am interested to see how oakland is able to deal with brady and co.