PDA

View Full Version : ESPN radio: Raiders negotiating with.....

brimsalabim
10-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Lebron James to play TE? This has to be a ploy by his agent.. No doubt he would be good but why chance the injury?

Strife9878
10-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Would that be allowed by the NFL? Seems like a guy who can just jump in and pick his team would make a mockery of the draft in more controversial way then even Prior did.

Al "T.D." Bundy
10-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Would that be allowed by the NFL? Seems like a guy who can just jump in and pick his team would make a mockery of the draft in more controversial way then even Prior did.

Why wouldn't they allow it? How do you think we got Gates? We tried him out, liked him, and offered him a deal before he had a chance to work out for other teams.

Any team can sign any guy off the street they want at this point.

That being said I highly doubt this is serious. No way he jeopardizes his NBA career by playing football.

909 Charger
10-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Lebron James to play TE? This has to be a ploy by his agent.. No doubt he would be good but why chance the injury?

Oh, there's plenty of doubt. Especially in the 4th quarter.

Couldn't resist.

Oside89
10-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Personally I think my Charger Raider tickets would go up in value...

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d822da62c/career-change-heat-star-james-practices-with-high-school-team/

CAREER CHANGE? HEAT STAR JAMES PRACTICES WITH HIGH SCHOOL TEAM
NFL.com
Published: October 5, 2011 at 8:01 PM

"I not gonna lie, it was pretty cool to see him out there," said starting quarterback Kevin Besser.

James took to his Twitter page afterward.

"Just got done practicing with the St.V Varsity football team, full pads and all," he tweeted . "Felt great being back on the field. Should I?"

We have little doubt that, given his freakish athletic gifts, James could develop into an elite NFL tight end. As long as there isn't a bloated hour-long special to announce it, we'd be all for the LeBron experience coming to the NFL. What else is he going to do?

chargertom
10-06-2011, 06:52 AM
With the NBA preseason already cancelled, and talks about cancelling regular season games already happening, it might be a smart move to change careers. There won't be any NFL contract or labor drama for 10 years. James might be smart to jump to the NFL, and see if he can handle it.

NoVA619
10-06-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm sure the Browns would sell out that home game.

Bolt4Life
10-06-2011, 09:25 AM
He would get destroyed in the NFL.

Basketball players are wusses, or at least they pretend to be.

WootMonkey
10-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm sure he will make a big contribution this season.

Oside89
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM

You might want to re-think that. Gates was a pretty good basketball player. But really Lebron would be a fool to try it. However, what if they used him only in goal line or inside the 5 yard line, and only for a jump ball around the goal post. He wouldn't have much wear and tear and might be able to pull it off.

Ochocinco rode a bull so anything is possible with todays "look at me" athletes.

zackalacka
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM

definitely agree. the biggest reason i can't watch pro basketball is that literally every time the ball travels down the court, someone is flopping on their back with their hands in the air, trying to get a foul called. going from outright cowardly reaction to physical contact (NBA) to full on punishing contact (NFL) would destroy any NBA-shape athletic body. the tone is so dramitcally different. i've never looked at the modern NBA as anything but: soft, soft, soft.

21and500
10-06-2011, 12:44 PM
We have to keep up, aj go sign dwight howard to also play te!!!

rcali bolt hed
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Nate Robinson 5'9 or

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nate-robinson-333x400.jpg (http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nate-robinson.jpg)
Earl Boykins 5'5
http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/earl-boykins.jpg (http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/earl-boykins.jpg)

Bolt4Life
10-06-2011, 04:31 PM
You might want to re-think that. Gates was a pretty good basketball player. But really Lebron would be a fool to try it. However, what if they used him only in goal line or inside the 5 yard line, and only for a jump ball around the goal post. He wouldn't have much wear and tear and might be able to pull it off.

Ochocinco rode a bull so anything is possible with todays "look at me" athletes.

Gates didn't make it to the NBA to be softened :p

definitely agree. the biggest reason i can't watch pro basketball is that literally every time the ball travels down the court, someone is flopping on their back with their hands in the air, trying to get a foul called. going from outright cowardly reaction to physical contact (NBA) to full on punishing contact (NFL) would destroy any NBA-shape athletic body. the tone is so dramitcally different. i've never looked at the modern NBA as anything but: soft, soft, soft.

The last two minutes of basketball games are rediculous always trying to get fouls. I can't stand flopping on the ground. Soccor is the worst though.

WootMonkey
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Gates didn't make it to the NBA to be softened :p

The last two minutes of basketball games are rediculous always trying to get fouls. I can't stand flopping on the ground. Soccor is the worst though.

There is "flopping" in Football as well.

I personally can't stand poor spelling and grammar, but that's just me.

Bolt4Life
10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
There is "flopping" in Football as well.

I personally can't stand poor spelling and grammar, but that's just me.

Alright ;)

Va Bolt
10-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Is Davis going to give him 51% interest in the Raiders for pay or like in the Jarred Allen thread, cut 1/2 his team to be able to pay him.

charger1_sj
10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Is Davis going to give him 51% interest in the Raiders for pay or like in the Jarred Allen thread, cut 1/2 his team to be able to pay him.

The real question is can Lebron run a 4.3 forty.

SDBoltz
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
The real question is can Lebron run a 4.3 forty.

No but he can drink a 40 in 4.3 seconds. :D

Raider Disliker
10-07-2011, 10:09 AM
LeBron James is pretty fast. I was in Las Vegas watching a FIBA tournament game between the U.S.A. and Brazil. The U.S.A. inbounded the ball to James underneath its own basket with 4 seconds left in the first half. James drove to the opposite foul line, and released the ball at the buzzer, scoring.

Side benefit of this was that it got rid of a really obnoxious, loud Brazil fan who had been sitting behind me.

James could definitely be O.K. on the "fade" or a jump ball in the End Zone. However, he would be insane to risk a knee injury.

Strife9878
10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Why wouldn't they allow it? How do you think we got Gates? We tried him out, liked him, and offered him a deal before he had a chance to work out for other teams.

Any team can sign any guy off the street they want at this point.

That being said I highly doubt this is serious. No way he jeopardizes his NBA career by playing football.

Maybe I am wrong but don't players need to declare some intention to playin the NFL before the draft? I thought that is how UDFAs came to be... they tried to get drafted but were not. James was not part of the draft and with the mess the Prior put the league in by getting around it... seem to me allowing James in now would be a pad precident to set.

SDFeather
10-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Do you have a link?

boltsf4n1
10-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, there's plenty of doubt. Especially in the 4th quarter.

Couldn't resist.

Haha! This one was my favorite.

MathewsNotMatthews24
10-08-2011, 03:52 PM
He would fit right in flopping with those NY Giants linemen!