PDA

View Full Version : Is a dark cloud coming over Charger land..?

WHOHE
10-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Well it seems th Raiders have become the NFL's media darling right now an rightfully so.

As a long time Charger fan, i've never seen a more pissed off/concerned fan base at a team that's 4-1... and I'm one of them.

We just saw our next opponent look awful beating the worse team in the NFL, if the Chargers
don't beat the Jets this Sunday, you're going to have of a somewhat revolt up in this place.

Now i know some of the kool-aid homers are going to say (if we lose) we're 4-2 and got nothing to worry about.

But if the Raiders take first place after sunday and if Palmer looks good, then you can probably kiss the Chargers winning the West goodbye.

Our o-line has given too many sacks and that o-line has been together for years, and the thinking was, them being together
for a while now would make them really good, but that hasn't been the case.

As for our defense, they're nowhere near as tough as the Raider defense is and that really worries me.

We got two starting safeties that are undersize and one is waaay overpaid.

Who here wouldn't trade our d-line for the Raiders right now..? I know our defense is ranked #5 right now, but we haven't
played a good offense yet, except the Patriots and they cut us pretty good.

I just hope the Chargers beat the Jets or it's going to be an ugly following week especially if the Raiders take over first place.

thumper300zx
10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Weird, I couldn't read that. Something about Raider Traitor?

chargertom
10-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Let's get the Jet game over with, shall we?

ktmjim
10-20-2011, 09:33 AM
But if the Raiders take first place after sunday and if Palmer looks good, then you can probably kiss the Chargers winning the West goodbye..

Why didn't you post this earlier? A lot of Chargers fans could have saved some hard earned money by not buying season tickets if we knew the season was going to be over in week 7. I am going to call the Chargers office and see if they will refund my money.

LIGHTS OUT
10-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Well it seems th Raiders have become the NFL's media darling right now an rightfully so.

As a long time Charger fan, i've never seen a more pissed off/concerned fan base at a team that's 4-1... and I'm one of them.

We just saw our next opponent look awful beating the worse team in the NFL, if the Chargers
don't beat the Jets this Sunday, you're going to have of a somewhat revolt up in this place.

Now i know some of the kool-aid homers are going to say (if we lose) we're 4-2 and got nothing to worry about.

But if the Raiders take first place after sunday and if Palmer looks good, then you can probably kiss the Chargers winning the West goodbye.

Our o-line has given too many sacks and that o-line has been together for years, and the thinking was, them being together
for a while now would make them really good, but that hasn't been the case.

As for our defense, they're nowhere near as tough as the Raider defense is and that really worries me.

We got two starting safeties that are undersize and one is waaay overpaid.

Who here wouldn't trade our d-line for the Raiders right now..? I know our defense is ranked #5 right now, but we haven't
played a good offense yet, except the Patriots and they cut us pretty good.

I just hope the Chargers beat the Jets or it's going to be an ugly following week especially if the Raiders take over first place.

Blah, Blah, Blah....

909 Charger
10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Mathews, Liuget, Gilchrist, Butler getting better every week ... PR soon coming out of his funk....

I think the clouds are starting to clear.

norcalcharger
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM
These are the kind of posts that drive me nuts. Really, kool aid homers? It's fans like this that think ONE GAME is the end all for the season. Wait till next week when Carson Palmer is out due to injury, then what will be your prognosis for the Raiders? Till then, I will keep drinking the kool-aid......Charger fan, win or lose, till the day I die.

Bolt4Life
10-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Blah, Blah, Blah....

As soon as he aid koolaid homers, I figured out he is one of 'those' people. All respect gone.

Then again usually I have people on my iggy for a reason.

BoltzSTi
10-20-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't get how people keep saying weddle's undersized. He's an inch talller than polamalu.

JMelHo
10-20-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't get how people keep saying weddle's undersized. He's an inch talller than polamalu.

Technically he is 200 pounds and around 6'0 I think so he is not undersized. But he holds little to no mass and you can tell because he isn't the one deliver most of the punishment in his tackles, its usually the other guy. Weddle is not that strong, he is just fast and a good all around football player but he lacks strength.

norcalcharger
10-21-2011, 05:29 PM
News out of Northern California today is:

Sebastian Janikowski has torn hamstring in his left leg.....Black cloud? I would say so.

The Moekid
10-21-2011, 07:28 PM

Sebastian Janikowski has torn hamstring in his left leg.....Black cloud? I would say so.

we should trade them Kaeding for a few 1st's

chopper31
10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Why didn't you post this earlier? A lot of Chargers fans could have saved some hard earned money by not buying season tickets if we knew the season was going to be over in week 7. I am going to call the Chargers office and see if they will refund my money.

Marketing strategy...

Good luck on the RF

chopper31
10-21-2011, 08:49 PM

because you have to be at least 1.5" taller than Polamalu, in order to not be considered "undersized".

Keep in mind, when more than one person feels a certain way, it is likely legit...

chopper31
10-21-2011, 08:56 PM

That's terrible...

Now they have to win with TD's as oppossed to FG's

Note to anyone who hasn't yet bet their life savings on the Chiefs for this Sunday: What are you waiting for ???

DGINSD
10-22-2011, 12:54 PM
That's terrible...

Now they have to win with TD's as oppossed to FG's

Note to anyone who hasn't yet bet their life savings on the Chiefs for this Sunday: What are you waiting for ???

Don't know if I'd go that far but the playing field has definately leveled out a bit.

A Charger W and a Raider L this week would put us sittin' pretty. Too bad the Texans crumbled a couple weeks back they had the Raiders on the ropes and somehow managed to let them get back into it. We really could of used the extra distance.