PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I'd say this

ShockTreatment
11-20-2011, 11:08 PM
But I actually respect Hue Jackson as a head coach. Not only does the article below mirror my own sentiments on hitting in the NFL, but I like his aggressive and creative play-calling and his ability to motivate his team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8244d9fb/article/raiders-jackson-says-he-will-reach-out-to-league-over-officiating?module=HP11_headline_stack

Have to tip my hat.

chargertom
11-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Raider lover! Raider lover!

Yeah, the guy has his team playing good ball. :mad:

BlackHeart
11-20-2011, 11:34 PM
But I actually respect Hue Jackson as a head coach. Not only does the article below mirror my own sentiments on hitting in the NFL, but I like his aggressive and creative play-calling and his ability to motivate his team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8244d9fb/article/raiders-jackson-says-he-will-reach-out-to-league-over-officiating?module=HP11_headline_stack

Have to tip my hat.

Al Davis must of known something about himself coming in to this season. He got rid of Cable just at the right time and left us in a good situation with young players and just enough vets with good attitudes and a first year coach who is learning on the fly and his play calling is spotty at times but he will learn from his first year as head coach.

You will see us hire a GM in the off-season as well. I'm hearing someone from the packers will be interviewed as of right now.

The Ref issue not just when it comes to the Raiders but league wide is so bad its not even funny anymore. Tommy Kelly and I believe Tyvon Branch made nice plays but got flagged for it. What are the players suppose to do on Defense is what I want to know. Goodell will have the players playing two hand touch before its all said and done he is killing the game I love to watch.

And Heyward-Bey got hit HARD IN THE HEAD and no flag was called at all. He was a defenseless WR at the time the refs need to be more consistent with their calls and yea the Raiders do create penalties BUT the refs are doing way too much and is putting the defense at a disadvantage across the league.

So yea I'm glad Hue spoke on it and he might get fined but who cares it needs to be said cause that was a bad called game by the refs even though we won.

ShockTreatment
11-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Al Davis must of known something about himself coming in to this season. He got rid of Cable just at the right time and left us in a good situation with young players and just enough vets with good attitudes and a first year coach who is learning on the fly and his play calling is spotty at times but he will learn from his first year as head coach.

You will see us hire a GM in the off-season as well. I'm hearing someone from the packers will be interviewed as of right now.

The Ref issue not just when it comes to the Raiders but league wide is so bad its not even funny anymore. Tommy Kelly and I believe Tyvon Branch made nice plays but got flagged for it. What are the players suppose to do on Defense is what I want to know. Goodell will have the players playing two hand touch before its all said and done he is killing the game I love to watch.

And Heyward-Bey got hit HARD IN THE HEAD and no flag was called at all. He was a defenseless WR at the time the refs need to be more consistent with their calls and yea the Raiders do create penalties BUT the refs are doing way too much and is putting the defense at a disadvantage across the league.

So yea I'm glad Hue spoke on it and he might get fined but who cares it needs to be said cause that was a bad called game by the refs even though we won.

When Kelly got flagged for that penalty I just shook my head with disgust. I will never support the Raiders as a die hard Charger fan, but I know a bull**** call when I see one, or 3 in a row in the case of the Raider game.

You can thank Merriweather and Harrison though for trying to decapitate people and giving Goodell an excuse.

BlackHeart
11-21-2011, 12:57 AM
When Kelly got flagged for that penalty I just shook my head with disgust. I will never support the Raiders as a die hard Charger fan, but I know a bull**** call when I see one, or 3 in a row in the case of the Raider game.

You can thank Merriweather and Harrison though for trying to decapitate people and giving Goodell an excuse.

Yea I hear ya, I will never support the Chargers either since I dislike them so much other than the Patriots but I see calls go against you guys as well and know its a joke. Yeah Hue will get fined by Goodell for speaking out on the Refs but it needed to be said its putting one team at a disadvantaged if the calls are inconsistent and one sided in a game.The league has a lot of work to do cause I'm tired of calls being made against us and than the same thing happens against us and they don't get flagged for it.

86iroc
11-21-2011, 07:51 AM

There was no foul on the heyward-bay play....he simply fell into the defenders knee....same way that Cutler fell into laboy's knee

BoltBacker4Life
11-21-2011, 09:37 AM
What is even worse is they are built for the future while we are about to rebuild

chargertom
11-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Amazing what 10 years of high first round picks will do for ya. :D

BoltBacker4Life
11-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Amazing what 10 years of draft picks contributing will do for ya :)

Yooklid
11-21-2011, 10:10 AM

10 years of top ten first round draft picks...

GGP
11-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Amazing what 10 years of high first round picks will do for ya. :D

Deja vu? :confused:

Totally Bolted
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Those ten years are way too long. Al screwed that team, thank God.
No way it should take a team that many years to rebuild.

WootMonkey
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
What is even worse is they are built for the future while we are about to rebuild

They don't have any draft picks next year. How is that set up for the future?

Clint Beastwood
11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Raider lover! Raider lover!

Yeah, the guy has his team playing good ball. :mad:

Coaching is overrated, with the most talented roster ever assembled by the greatest GM ever...AJ Smith, we could get a ham sandwich to take us to the superbowl

-Circa 2006

Clint Beastwood
11-21-2011, 02:45 PM

They have a fair share of younger players in guys like McFadden, Taiwain Jones, Heyward Bey, Moore, Ford, Boss, Fairly young OLine, Fairly young D-line outside of Seymour and Kelley, 2 young backers in Curry and McClain. Their biggest weakness is probably their secondary, Routt is a pretty good corner and is in his prime. 1 draft isn't going to make or break your future. Especially when you have a fairly young core. They will be competitive in the AFC west for a few years to come. Hopefully we can get our act together. This will be one of the better divisions real soon

BoltBacker4Life
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
They have a fair share of younger players in guys like McFadden, Taiwain Jones, Heyward Bey, Moore, Ford, Boss, Fairly young OLine, Fairly young D-line outside of Seymour and Kelley, 2 young backers in Curry and McClain. Their biggest weakness is probably their secondary, Routt is a pretty good corner and is in his prime. 1 draft isn't going to make or break your future. Especially when you have a fairly young core. They will be competitive in the AFC west for a few years to come. Hopefully we can get our act together. This will be one of the better divisions real soon

This and they will be getting 3-4 comp picks

Bolt4Life
11-21-2011, 03:53 PM
When I was watching the Raiders game, everytime they showed him on the sideline I sarcastically poked at our fans by saying, "He shows no emotion! Where's the emotion Hue! Common Hue show us sideline emotion for the TV!"

BlackHeart
11-22-2011, 01:49 AM
There was no foul on the heyward-bay play....he simply fell into the defenders knee....same way that Cutler fell into laboy's knee

Yea I spoke too soon I had to go look at it again and you're right. But the calls on Kelly and Curry were so horrible it was a joke they were good plays by them and got flagged. Hue spoke to the NFL about it on Monday and I'm glad cause that was horrible.

BlackHeart
11-22-2011, 01:59 AM

I will agree to this if we had an old roster but we don't we have one of the youngest rosters in the league and its a pretty decent young core at the skill positions and on the oline.

The trade for Palmer was a move to get a good vet QB on our roster and with him at QB it makes us more better as a team and he will be here for awhile. We will get comp picks and will most likely trade either DHB or Louis Murphy to get picks cause we had Murphy on the trading block up to the deadline. We will be fine as a team for years to come imo.

IlladelphiaBolt
11-22-2011, 10:10 AM
The Raiders and Chiefs have the most impressive rosters to build on. I think the Chiefs roster is one of the best in the league. What they need to be better is to not have a stud RB tear his ACL, a better QB and maybe some DLine. Very few things that I'd add here. They are set up for the future.

The Raiders are similar yet they seem very confused. Who is the #1 WR on the team? No one can answer this really. Bush is a good second option but how reliable is McFadden at RB? On defense, there are clearly some big holes. The Raiders have some talent but their talent might just be also overstated.

The Broncos have the best young defensive talent in the division with none to speak of on offense (Decker maybe). They rely on two of the oldest guys in the league, Dawkins and Bailey, to save their D.

The Chargers are the least set up with youth players outside of VJax who very well may leave next year.

BlackHeart
11-23-2011, 01:09 AM

Have to tip my hat.

You have to admit it must been tough to even type that ShockTreatment.

ShockTreatment
11-23-2011, 09:52 AM
You have to admit it must been tough to even type that ShockTreatment.

Nah, what has been tough is watching the Chargers this year.

But who am I kidding, it's been tough watching the Chargers for awhile.

Bolt4Life
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Does anyone notice how when they show him on the sideline he shows NO EMOTION!!!

ShockTreatment
11-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Does anyone notice how when they show him on the sideline he shows NO EMOTION!!!

Ya, but I'd pay for him to give the Chargers a locker room speech.

JMelHo
11-23-2011, 01:07 PM
The Raiders and Chiefs have the most impressive rosters to build on. I think the Chiefs roster is one of the best in the league. What they need to be better is to not have a stud RB tear his ACL, a better QB and maybe some DLine. Very few things that I'd add here. They are set up for the future.

The Raiders are similar yet they seem very confused. Who is the #1 WR on the team? No one can answer this really. Bush is a good second option but how reliable is McFadden at RB? On defense, there are clearly some big holes. The Raiders have some talent but their talent might just be also overstated.

The Broncos have the best young defensive talent in the division with none to speak of on offense (Decker maybe). They rely on two of the oldest guys in the league, Dawkins and Bailey, to save their D.

The Chargers are the least set up with youth players outside of VJax who very well may leave next year.

The Chiefs roster is not good. Their defense besides Flowers, Hali, Jackson and maybe Carr is average at best. Cassell is not good. Bowe, Charles and Moeaki are the only weapons they have.

JMelHo
11-23-2011, 01:08 PM

Norv yells and clearly his emotions don't affect his players or the refs lol