The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   LAC's #3 WR Duo (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=107050)

sonorajim 07-29-2018 11:39 AM

LAC's #3 WR Duo
 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gordons-absent
James Jones of NFL.com has Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams ranked as the league's third best receiving duo. Fair enough.
It's kind of exciting though to consider what opposing Ds will face when our receiving threats also include Mike Williams, Travis Benjamin, MG III, Ekeler and others. We are a very good & deep receiving group.
I think Artavis Scott will be hard to cut and I'm pretty sure others will show up.

ltinabottle 07-29-2018 12:10 PM

Tyrell's routes are simplistic and predictable. Can he learn other routes on the tree or add a jerk to the short crossing patterns? I mean some defenses tee'd up on him coming over the short middle of the field recalling the huge hit he took against the Jaguars last season. Defenses know this tendency Coach Whis needs to give what the defenses don't expect this season. His speed going deep bring it love how he stretches the field. If we can run consistently this season Rivers will look for him and Benjamin deep.

Scott and M Dub have a chance to get more targets with Henry out and defenses won't know what to expect. Who will rise to the top during pre-season and make plays? Hopefully Mikey can be a red zone threat and 3rd down receiver other than Allen. Stay healthy Mikey.

spaniard 07-29-2018 12:24 PM

Hahaha

Allen with me would still be considered #3.... let's wait to see what Mike Williams' brings to the table and then we can really get this going.

1. Keenan Allen
2. Mike Williams
3. Ty William's
4. Travis Benjamin
5. Dylan Cantrell
6. Artavis Scott or Geremy Davis....

Not bad....

woodeye2000 07-29-2018 12:56 PM

I cannot wait for it all to unfold.

My deuces wild remains Justin Jackson as a receiving running back.

After eyeing him to the past two college seasons (thought he was declaring last year), the perception is of him having subtle moves, vision, and other attributes that make this dude a real sleeper.

Can he steal snaps and touches from our other weaponry ?

like54ninjas 07-29-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodeye2000 (Post 4821642)
I cannot wait for it all to unfold.

My deuces wild remains Justin Jackson as a receiving running back.

After eyeing him to the past two college seasons (thought he was declaring last year), the perception is of him having subtle moves, vision, and other attributes that make this dude a real sleeper.

Can he steal snaps and touches from our other weaponry ?

He had the best run of the first day. I think he has the skill set to be very productive. He will be a standout on ST as well. I have a feeling he is going to make a big hit on a kick coverage and surprise people returning the ball during PS.

woodeye2000 07-29-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by like54ninjas (Post 4821646)
He had the best run of the first day. I think he has the skill set to be very productive. He will be a standout on ST as well. I have a feeling he is going to make a big hit on a kick coverage and surprise people returning the ball during PS.

You should adopt him.

topcat4477 07-29-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltinabottle (Post 4821637)
Tyrell's routes are simplistic and predictable. Can he learn other routes on the tree or add a jerk to the short crossing patterns? I mean some defenses tee'd up on him coming over the short middle of the field recalling the huge hit he took against the Jaguars last season. Defenses know this tendency Coach Whis needs to give what the defenses don't expect this season. His speed going deep bring it love how he stretches the field. If we can run consistently this season Rivers will look for him and Benjamin deep.

Scott and M Dub have a chance to get more targets with Henry out and defenses won't know what to expect. Who will rise to the top during pre-season and make plays? Hopefully Mikey can be a red zone threat and 3rd down receiver other than Allen. Stay healthy Mikey.


Can you teach twitch?

Chargerfreak 07-30-2018 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonorajim (Post 4821634)
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gordons-absent
James Jones of NFL.com has Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams ranked as the league's third best receiving duo. Fair enough.
It's kind of exciting though to consider what opposing Ds will face when our receiving threats also include Mike Williams, Travis Benjamin, MG III, Ekeler and others. We are a very good & deep receiving group.
I think Artavis Scott will be hard to cut and I'm pretty sure others will show up.

I.................uh......................um...... ...........I...................I need Blue Kool Aid and I cannot for the life of me find my Homer glasses...................

Midtown Bolt 07-30-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltinabottle (Post 4821637)
Tyrell's routes are simplistic and predictable. Can he learn other routes on the tree or add a jerk to the short crossing patterns? I mean some defenses tee'd up on him coming over the short middle of the field recalling the huge hit he took against the Jaguars last season. Defenses know this tendency Coach Whis needs to give what the defenses don't expect this season. His speed going deep bring it love how he stretches the field. If we can run consistently this season Rivers will look for him and Benjamin deep.

Scott and M Dub have a chance to get more targets with Henry out and defenses won't know what to expect. Who will rise to the top during pre-season and make plays? Hopefully Mikey can be a red zone threat and 3rd down receiver other than Allen. Stay healthy Mikey.

Hard to understand why you disrespect TW so much. You aren't the only one. TW has been a terrific player. Undrafted out of a small school in Oregon, he spent most of his first season the practice squad. In his first full season on the roster, he stepped in for KA on a moment's notice and became an 1,100 yard receiver with 7 TDs and a 15 ypc average. He did this without protection from another big time receiving threat to draw coverage away from him.

In 2017, he added 43 grabs for 728 yards and 4 TDs and a 17 ypc average, providing another big time receiving threat that protected KA and allowed him to have a career year. KA and TW were the 3rd best receiving duo last season.

TW has out-performed all WRs drafted in the 2nd round and lower since he came into the league. Why do you hate him?

woodeye2000 07-30-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt (Post 4821721)
Hard to understand why you disrespect TW so much. You aren't the only one. TW has been a terrific player. Undrafted out of a small school in Oregon, he spent most of his first season the practice squad. In his first full season on the roster, he stepped in for KA on a moment's notice and became an 1,100 yard receiver with 7 TDs and a 15 ypc average. He did this without protection from another big time receiving threat to draw coverage away from him.

In 2017, he added 43 grabs for 728 yards and 4 TDs and a 17 ypc average, providing another big time receiving threat that protected KA and allowed him to have a career year. KA and TW were the 3rd best receiving duo last season.

TW has out-performed all WRs drafted in the 2nd round and lower since he came into the league. Why do you hate him?

TWs ridiculous explosion is taken for granted around here. The issue is refinement in catching, especially catching radius. Wait until we have our full bevy of weapons. Rivers will go to TW more selectively. Look out.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:58 AM.

© 1960-2007 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.
© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.