The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   Around the NFL (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Raiders Under Investigation (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=106797)

chargertom 01-11-2018 09:23 PM

Raiders Under Investigation

There have been allegations made that the Raiders had a deal in place with Gruden before Del Rio was fired.

If true, the Raiders have violated the Rooney rule, and will face disciplinary action by the NFL.

The Moekid 01-11-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargertom (Post 4796607)
There have been allegations made that the Raiders had a deal in place with Gruden before Del Rio was fired.

If true, the Raiders have violated the Rooney rule, and will face disciplinary action by the NFL.

Duh. Mark Davis already said he had it done by xmas. Any minority coach who agreed to be interviewed did it knowing Gruden was already the choice. Maybe they did it for practice?

Chargerfreak 01-12-2018 03:34 AM

First they had Gruden in their pocket. Then they announced that they complied with the Rooney Rule by conducting two interviews ????????????????

I mean you talk about just going through the motions after the fact. "Yay Jon, Yay Jon, oh crap. We broke the rules. Quick line up two interviews for appearances."

woodeye2000 01-12-2018 03:42 AM

Gruden beat out Tee Martin for the gig.

Chargerfreak 01-12-2018 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodeye2000 (Post 4796623)
Gruden beat out Tee Martin for the gig.

Who else did they parade through the office, Khalil Mack ??

woodeye2000 01-12-2018 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargerfreak (Post 4796625)
Who else did they parade through the office, Khalil Mack ??

Reggie complied.
That is all.
Move along, Khalil.

frozendisc 01-12-2018 07:21 AM

Just shows how big of a ruse that rule is......

Totally Bolted 01-12-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozendisc (Post 4796639)
Just shows how big of a ruse that rule is......

you mean the league....

frozendisc 01-12-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totally Bolted (Post 4796640)
you mean the league....

No, I meant the rule. It, the rule, was designed to give the impression the league actually wanted to do something about the disparity in HC's that were of color versus those that were white. They don't.....they want to hire the guy they want.....but they want the perception of an equal opportunity.

Personally, I think it is a weak rule. Similar to the 'no talky talky to FA's before some date' rule, weal as hell, and regularly ignored.

Totally Bolted 01-12-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozendisc (Post 4796642)
No, I meant the rule. It, the rule, was designed to give the impression the league actually wanted to do something about the disparity in HC's that were of color versus those that were white. They don't.....they want to hire the guy they want.....but they want the perception of an equal opportunity.

Personally, I think it is a weak rule. Similar to the 'no talky talky to FA's before some date' rule, weal as hell, and regularly ignored.

I see it from a different perpective. The rule is the rule. whether or not its done to meet its supposed purpose is not the rules fault but of those who are suppose to follow it.