The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   Around the NFL (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Vincent Jackson Going Off Again (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=95784)

chargertom 10-21-2012 07:19 PM

It doesn't matter if he opens up the offense, had great stats in the game, or anything else.

A loss is a loss. And that's what VJ, and his team, earned today.

physicsgeek 10-21-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargertom (Post 4001028)
It doesn't matter if he opens up the offense, had great stats in the game, or anything else.

A loss is a loss. And that's what VJ, and his team, earned today.

Short sighted way of looking at things, but if it's about wins and losses:

VJ with the Chargers: 61 wins 28 losses.

chargertom 10-21-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by physicsgeek (Post 4001043)
Short sighted way of looking at things, but if it's about wins and losses:

VJ with the Chargers: 61 wins 28 losses.

How many of those wins and losses did he not play in?

How about his record with the Bucs? What's that look like?

physicsgeek 10-21-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargertom (Post 4001044)
How many of those wins and losses did he not play in?

How about his record with the Bucs? What's that look like?

First question, those are the games he did play in.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...kVi00/gamelog/

For the second part, 2-4 with the Bucs, but Chargers are 3-3 without him.

61-28 (69% winning percentage) > 3-3 (50% winning percentage) if you want to use a small sample size.

Stop lying to yourself if you think they're better off without him. Take off those glasses.

chargertom 10-21-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by physicsgeek (Post 4001047)
Stop lying to yourself if you think they're better off without him. Take off those glasses.

Hahaha. Why is it that I'm lying to myself? Sounds like some of our fans just need to learn how to move on past personnel moves.

VJ was offered a contract, and he passed it up. He didn't care about the Chargers, he cared about his bank account.

I don't blame him, that's why there's no sleep lost over his departure.

Ginormous stats are great. For fantasy football. In the real NFL, wins count. Nothing else matters. 3-3 > 2-4

charger1_sj 10-21-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargertom (Post 4001056)
Hahaha. Why is it that I'm lying to myself? Sounds like some of our fans just need to learn how to move on past personnel moves.

VJ was offered a contract, and he passed it up. He didn't care about the Chargers, he cared about his bank account.

Ginormous stats are great. For fantasy football. In the real NFL, wins count. Nothing else matters. 3-3 > 2-4

If you have evidence that the Chargers offered VJ a long term contract please post it. Otherwise stop.

As far as his bank account goes this is a business. VJ did what was best for VJ. The Chargers do best what is best for them. Do you recall a guy named LT? That's the way it works, it goes both ways.

chargertom 10-21-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charger1_sj (Post 4001060)
As far as his bank account goes this is a business. VJ did what was best for VJ. The Chargers do best what is best for them. Do you recall a guy named LT? That's the way it works, it goes both ways.

Haha. You'll get no argument from me on any of that. It is a business, and they do have to look out for themselves.

Like I said, that's why I don't lose sleep over it, or lament on how much better things would be if they were still here.

They're gone. Time to move on.

ImGoinToJackson 10-21-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargertom (Post 4001056)

I can dig up your old anti-VJ posts if you like. Sounds like you need to get over the blissful, rose colored glasses you've been wearing since 2007. The Chargers were a better team with Vincent Jackson. He could have been extended for a reasonable amount at a good time but was not because of Albert James and his #1 pick Buster Davis. I've yet to see you proven right in personnel opinion yet you assert it as though it is truth. A mod stamp doesn't make you right, it just allows you to spew rhetoric without reprisal. VJ's departure has hindered the Chargers passing game, the proof is in the pudding. If someone makes the mistake of pointing me to 2010, I'll kindly remind that individual that we did not make the playoffs that season.

ImGoinToJackson 10-21-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargertom (Post 4001062)
Haha. You'll get no argument from me on any of that. It is a business, and they do have to look out for themselves.

Like I said, that's why I don't lose sleep over it, or lament on how much better things would be if they were still here.

They're gone. Time to move on.

I'm glad you're not running any governments. "We know there was a mortgage calamity, but we can't lose sleep over it or think about how much better things could be. Let's move on."

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

chargertom 10-21-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson (Post 4001063)
A mod stamp doesn't make you right, it just allows you to spew rhetoric without reprisal.

If this were true, would your post still be here? See, the thing is, I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. It's pretty weak sauce to have to pull out the "you're a mod" card.

And you are absolutely correct. I did back the Chargers not extending VJ, and what guys like you fail to see is that man was 1 arrest away from being out of the league locked up for a 1 year minimum bid in county.

It's not your money, so you rant "Pay the man, AJ!" But if VJ did screw up, and did get locked up and suspended for a year, would you still be here crowing "Pay the man!"? I doubt it.

VJ was not worth the risk that the reward offered. Yes, he's a talented receiver. But Tampa Bay paid way, way too much money for him. And so far, his production has been less than impressive.

I'm glad the guy got paid. Good for him. But I'm also glad the Chargers weren't the ones writing the check. Letting him go freed up tons of cap space, and the Chargers were able to add alot of talented FA's, as well as pay their draft picks. They also extended some core guys who needed it.

Good luck to VJ in Tampa. Except for when we play them. Then I hope he gets 1 catch for 8 yards.