The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   Draft Talk (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Biggest Question About This Draft... (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=96868)

MrNAFTA 12-26-2012 02:02 PM

Biggest Question About This Draft...
 
Is how many QB's can come off the board before we pick. When we beat the Raiders we will be what 12-15? assuming it's the worst and we pick 15, how many QB's will be taken by then. As with every draft for every player taken at a position we don't need another talented player falls close to us.

Kiper once had Gene Smith, Barkley, Logan Thomas ahead of Glennon, now he has Mike Glennon as his no.1 QB. It won't be the only change in the QB order in the next 4 months. What do you guys think the over/under is. over 1 QB under 4 QB's?

chargermouse 12-26-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNAFTA (Post 4059816)
Is how many QB's can come off the board before we pick. When we beat the Raiders we will be what 12-15? assuming it's the worst and we pick 15, how many QB's will be taken by then. As with every draft for every player taken at a position we don't need another talented player falls close to us.

Kiper once had Gene Smith, Barkley, Logan Thomas ahead of Glennon, now he has Mike Glennon as his no.1 QB. It won't be the only change in the QB order in the next 4 months. What do you guys think the over/under is. over 1 QB under 4 QB's?

Many people in this board have broken down the range of where we're picking, and they've said that our range is between picks 6 and 13. If we win and end up picking at 13 (absolute worst case scenario) I can realistically see 2 MAYBE 3 QBs taken before our pick.

chargersfan85 12-26-2012 02:12 PM

I see one QB taken in the top 20 this year as of right now

MrNAFTA 12-26-2012 02:15 PM

I could see the Chiefs being forced to take a QB. Buffalo has all but said they will take a QB early, they didn't come out and say with their 1st, but they implied their time to draft a franchise QB is now. Arizona's QB situation is a mess. Henne didn't do horrible for the Jags, and they got Gabbert, they could possibly use Henne's play to justify waiting till the 2-3rd for a QB. Hopefully the Raiders take someone like Teo. The Browns don't have that much invested in Weeden, they are probably pissed they didn't package their 2x 1st rounders to get RG3. They took Richardson with their top pick, and he's not even having a season close to Doug Martin.

2-3 off the board would be great for us. Seems aside from the Eagles the teams who need an OT, also need a QB. Least we should see Lewan fall to us.

chargermouse 12-26-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargersfan85 (Post 4059821)
I see one QB taken in the top 20 this year as of right now

That's what many thought the year Cam Newton came out but look at what happened. Rookie QBs are exciting for GMs and fans alike.

chargersfan85 12-26-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargermouse (Post 4059826)
That's what many thought the year Cam Newton came out but look at what happened. Rookie QBs are exciting for GMs and fans alike.

Yeah but those QBs minus Locker had upside and were expected to go in the 1st. QBs this year are weak

MrNAFTA 12-26-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargersfan85 (Post 4059821)
I see one QB taken in the top 20 this year as of right now

Would you like to share which one that would be?

chargersfan85 12-26-2012 02:26 PM

Geno Smith

MrNAFTA 12-26-2012 02:33 PM

If Tannehill can go no.8 overall, I just can't see only 1 QB going in the top 20. There is going to be another team that falls in love with a QB other than Geno.

MrNAFTA 12-26-2012 02:35 PM

This draft is going to one where I will miss Al Davis, he's draft EJ Manuel with their no.1 haha


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.

© 1960-2007 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.
© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.