The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   Smack Shack (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Analysis: Real Reason SD beat the Titans (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15384)

jbrennan20 10-04-2004 05:52 AM

Analysis: Real Reason SD beat the Titans

Question: How many times did san diego run the ball on 1st and 2nd down in the first several series of the game agains the Titans? They mixed it up, used play action pass and were unpredictable. That is the reason they won the game. However, this week is a real test. Jacksonville is a very good team and I expect to see the old sd chargers emerge. We will see.

TheOriginalBOLTS4LIFE 10-04-2004 06:35 AM

RE: Analysis: Real Reason SD beat the Titans

We all know that Jacksonville is going to be a tough game but why all the pessimism?

Put the half empty bottle down and look at to oppertunity the Bolts have to be a decent team this season.

SDRaiderH8er 10-04-2004 07:02 AM

The Titans also did not come with a Full Package, we were lucky we caught them with so many Injuries.

titansfan987 10-04-2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by: SDRaiderH8er
The Titans also did not come with a Full Package, we were lucky we caught them with so many Injuries.
Very true, I think once we get (if we ever do) some of our injured players back to health, we'll start winning games.

PhillyFan 10-04-2004 12:34 PM

Everone keeps telling me that same thing about, how if the Titans were healthy they would have won the game. I don't agree. Yes, McNair was out of the game, but the Titans backup quarterback played a hell of a game himself. I watched the whole game yesterday, and saw a Chargers offense that was clicking better than I've seen in a while. They outplayed the Titans defense, which had nothing to do with McNair.
Brees was on fire, as was LT and Caldwell. The team just looked like they were clicking on every play, and I hope they can continue that for the rest of the year.

WHITELIGHTNING 10-05-2004 09:15 AM

When your # 1 QB goes down there is a big drop off in the play of the team, the Titans played one hell of a game and they are a wounded team. We got them at a good time no doubt, but hopefully we grow as a team and not regress as in the past. We'll see this sunday and Im hoping for a good showing, if not then it will be time to make changes.

SDRaiderH8er 10-05-2004 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
When your # 1 QB goes down there is a big drop off in the play of the team, the Titans played one hell of a game and they are a wounded team. We got them at a good time no doubt, but hopefully we grow as a team and not regress as in the past. We'll see this sunday and Im hoping for a good showing, if not then it will be time to make changes.
Does that hold true with the Chargers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

WHITELIGHTNING 10-05-2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by: SDRaiderH8er
Quote:

Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
Does that hold true with the Chargers? [img][/img]
We dont have a #1 playing yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

SDRaiderH8er 10-05-2004 09:39 AM

Good answer, now is that your Final answer, you still have your 50/50, and you can still phone a Friend

AgentGarcia 10-05-2004 07:38 PM

Analysis: Real Reason SD beat the Titans

Quote:

Originally posted by: jbrennan20
Question: How many times did san diego run the ball on 1st and 2nd down in the first several series of the game agains the Titans? They mixed it up, used play action pass and were unpredictable. That is the reason they won the game. However, this week is a real test. Jacksonville is a very good team and I expect to see the old sd chargers emerge. We will see.

EXACLTY

I have been telling everyone that the Chargers lose so many f***** games because they use the same plays all the time.

Last Sunday they had me fooled also!

Insted of running a draw on 3rd and long they would pass or mix it up and spread the ball around the field. This puts more pressure on the secondary especially if they aren't healthy