The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Update - Forum Tentative EOS Is 2/28/2019 (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=107131)

chargertom 09-10-2018 06:07 PM

Update - Forum Tentative EOS Is 2/28/2019

I just received the following email from Joel Price, the Digital Marketing Director of the Los Angeles Chargers.

I'm afraid it's very bad news.

Quote:

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards at the end of this month. Since we opened our boards so many years ago, the digital landscape has dramatically evolved over the years. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in the conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years.

Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, September 28th. We recognize that this change may upset avid and faithful members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets.

If you are not already engaging us on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities.

Wed like to thank all our fans, members and our moderators who have brought the thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 15+ years.
I would like to thank the mods for their countless hours of volunteering their time to these boards, helping the community grow, and supporting the team for all these years.

It's been an extreme pleasure sharing this forum with you all, and I have enjoyed your thoughts, opinions and company. This has been a long road, well traveled by us all, and I appreciate all of your help making this the best fan message board in the NFL.

Go Chargers! :logo

SDCPB 09-10-2018 06:10 PM

This place will be no more?

NoMoreChillies 09-10-2018 06:12 PM

well i was uploading video to discuss with fellow fans. I stopped.
Sad News indeed.

Chargeroo 09-10-2018 06:13 PM

Wow - I fail to see how this will help the team. Couple this with the move from SD and you just doubled down on alienating the fans.

AdamBuddy 09-10-2018 06:13 PM

Are there any other Chargers boards this active or close?

SuperBolts10 09-10-2018 06:18 PM

So on to reddit.com/r/Chargers/ I guess. Maybe someone will setup a Discord server or something.

Bolt4Life 09-10-2018 06:19 PM

I recommend all come to Reddit.com/r/chargers Lots of great memes and conversations on there. A lot of younger people who are good with video/picture editing so people make some funny stuff.

They have killed new members coming here when they took the link off the front page. I know for a fact that keeping a message board attached to a website is extremely cheap. I see Joel says talk to them on Twitter/Facebook but those are completely different venues. Facebook attracts a lot of down right dumb people when it comes to football. Twitter is full of trolls and with so few characters it is hard to have a conversation.

This is a bummer. Even if this place isn't quite the same, I don't want to see it go.

Sad day. Sad day indeed.

Thanks for all the memories and all the friendships I built on here. I met quite a few of you in person.

chargertom 09-10-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargeroo (Post 4831274)
Wow - I fail to see how this will help the team. Couple this with the move from SD and you just doubled down on alienating the fans.

Agreed.

14 years, Roo.

It's been one heckuva ride. Thanks for everything you did to get this place off the ground.

ltinabottle 09-10-2018 06:22 PM

Bummer. My last connection to the Bolts is through this Forum.

It's been a pleasure chatting with you all. I'm not sure of venturing off into the other social media outlets. I felt at home here. Thanks to all the moderators for their efforts in maintaining this forum throughout the years. It's been fun.

sdchrger 09-10-2018 06:35 PM

They don’t want to advertise how aenimic their fan base is after a decade of gaffs. There are high school teams in Texas with larger and more loyal fan bases than the Chargers. Shut the board down in an effort to disguise this fact.