The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   AFC West (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   3rd Quarter - M.Prater 45 yd. Field Goal (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=100614)

plcowner 01-12-2014 07:14 PM

3rd Quarter - M.Prater 45 yd. Field Goal

I don't think the FG was good. They showed a replay of it after the commercial break and to me it was wide.

The announcers said that it can't be reviewed or challenged. If all TD's are reviewed, then all FG's should also be reviewed. FG's are scoring plays after all.

The FG gave Denver a 3 score lead and they kept momentum as a result. Bah!

Rant done.

BitterFan 01-12-2014 07:15 PM

He missed it. I saw it to.

WhoGotGates 01-12-2014 07:17 PM

Among other bad calls.
Honestly I think they spotted the broncos about seven points including this field goal

TouchTed 01-12-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plcowner (Post 4291644)
I don't think the FG was good. They showed a replay of it after the commercial break and to me it was wide.

The announcers said that it can't be reviewed or challenged. If all TD's are reviewed, then all FG's should also be reviewed. FG's are scoring plays after all.

The FG gave Denver a 3 score lead and they kept momentum as a result. Bah!

Rant done.

can't be reviewed because the ball was higher than the post.... looked out, but guess we have to trust the linejudge looking straight up the post.

The-Beast 01-12-2014 07:29 PM

Uprights extend infinitely upwards, if any point of the ball is beyond the post it is to be considered missed.

plcowner 01-12-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Beast (Post 4291711)
Uprights extend infinitely upwards, if any point of the ball is beyond the post it is to be considered missed.

If the upright was higher, the ball would have hit it. I'd have to see another replay to see if any point of the ball when wide of the post.

It doesn't make sense that FG's aren't automatically reviewed like TD's.

DomDaBomb 01-12-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Beast (Post 4291711)

I'm pretty sure the ball has to be inside the post to be good. So if it goes right over it and hits the imaginary post it would be no good. I think I heard one of the announcers saying that.

WhoGotGates 01-12-2014 08:14 PM

It was definitely in line with the post which would have made it no good.
Guarantee a neutral party like Adam corolla will rant about it

thumper300zx 01-12-2014 08:18 PM

They could easily solve with with a laser on the outside of the goal post.

thumper300zx 01-12-2014 08:19 PM

Just a fraction of the ball has to be over the OUTSIDE of the goal post. That's the rule. I think it was wide.