The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   Quarterback Talk (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Iron Man Philip Rivers (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=107183)

ChargingBolts 09-28-2018 01:31 AM

Iron Man Philip Rivers

So far for 2018 Rivers is having career statistics for;

Completion Pct. 69.5%
Yards per game 302
T.D.% 7.4%
INT.% 0.9%
QBR% 115.7%

Week 4 will be his 196th straight start!

Week 9 after the bye will be his 200th!

Week 14 he will be 37 years old!

He needs 6 more injury free solid productive years to pass Favre's 297!

Since Rivers became the starter in 2006 only 1 QB in the NFL has thrown for more yardage and that is Ex-Bolt Drew Brees!

Rivers has more yards than Eli, Ben, and even more than Tom Brady (and also Rodgers during the same years since Rodgers became a starter in 2008.)!

If Brady plays to 45 I believe Rivers can as well (and Brees)!

SDCPB 09-28-2018 05:01 AM

I hope he breaks Eli's consecutive starts streak. It's also ironic that the guy who started in place of Eli to break his streak is now a teamate of Rivers, Geno Smith.

glutton4Bolts 09-28-2018 11:53 AM

Reading those numbers just bolsters my pity for him... if he had just been drafted and kept by the Giants or Steelers then he would have at least two rings right now... watching Goff carve up D's thru his first four games highlights just how important a great OL is. PR has had sub-par OLs for over a decade.... and he hasn't had a great D in that span as well. Playing for a good organization can do wonders for a career....

ChargingBolts 09-28-2018 10:24 PM

Mods, maybe merge this thread and the other thread stating Rivers is playing the best ball of his career?

ltinabottle 09-29-2018 01:03 AM

Well it's good timing to have a winning streak going into his 200th start. He's been good for so long sometimes he may be taken for granted. We're fortunate to have him as a franchise quarterback.

With the league rules and how players stay in shape he could play another 5 years. Rivers has commented he doesn't plan on playing into his forties. It's just not that important to him. It's in rank order faith, family then football.

Let's get this man a chance to win it all by making the playoffs in spite of the owners of this team.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargingBolts (Post 4836127)
So far for 2018 Rivers is having career statistics for;

Completion Pct. 69.5%
Yards per game 302
T.D.% 7.4%
INT.% 0.9%
QBR% 115.7%

Week 4 will be his 196th straight start!

Week 9 after the bye will be his 200th!

Week 14 he will be 37 years old!

He needs 6 more injury free solid productive years to pass Favre's 297!

Since Rivers became the starter in 2006 only 1 QB in the NFL has thrown for more yardage and that is Ex-Bolt Drew Brees!

Rivers has more yards than Eli, Ben, and even more than Tom Brady (and also Rodgers during the same years since Rodgers became a starter in 2008.)!

If Brady plays to 45 I believe Rivers can as well (and Brees)!

powderblueboy 09-29-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargingBolts (Post 4836244)
Mods, maybe merge this thread and the other thread stating Rivers is playing the best ball of his career?

This is a Phillip Rivers iron man thread and you want to immediately cache it?

You! Its creator? :doh: Shame on you!

I for-see it being a staple here. Onward to # 298!:first:

DontEverGiveUp 09-29-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts (Post 4836201)
Reading those numbers just bolsters my pity for him... if he had just been drafted and kept by the Giants or Steelers then he would have at least two rings right now... watching Goff carve up D's thru his first four games highlights just how important a great OL is. PR has had sub-par OLs for over a decade.... and he hasn't had a great D in that span as well. Playing for a good organization can do wonders for a career....

It was pointed out last year, I think by Colin Cowherd, that the Chargers are 26th in rushing in the NFL since Rivers took over in 2006. Teams that win championships, like the Patriots, are consistently too 10 in rushing and defense.

That being said, if we can get our D back on track, I truly believe we can win a SB this year or next.

ChargingBolts 09-29-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powderblueboy (Post 4836290)
This is a Phillip Rivers iron man thread and you want to immediately cache it?

You! Its creator? :doh: Shame on you!

I for-see it being a staple here. Onward to # 298!:first:

No ... I'm trying to steal the other one!!

florida SD fan 09-29-2018 04:29 PM

I just hope he gets a Ring when he is coaching a professional team.

Eskimo Fabio 09-29-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargingBolts (Post 4836294)
No ... I'm trying to steal the other one!!

Haha. You have permission to steal.