The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   Ownership, Management & Coaching (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Whisenhunt (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=107335)

AFBoltFan 11-19-2018 08:42 AM

Whisenhunt

Time for him to go, it should be now and promote Pat Meyer to interim. Ken Whisenhunt has not proven he can lead this offense when it matters most, Chargers need to get serious about winning and make a statement. Meyer has experience and I trust he can do a good job in the meantime.

The season is not lost so I doubt anything will happen, but regardless Whis is not the guy to take us all the way.

Mopar Mark 11-19-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFBoltFan (Post 4853497)
Time for him to go, it should be now and promote Pat Meyer to interim. Ken Whisenhunt has not proven he can lead this offense when it matters most, Chargers need to get serious about winning and make a statement. Meyer has experience and I trust he can do a good job in the meantime.

The season is not lost so I doubt anything will happen, but regardless Whis is not the guy to take us all the way.

Wont' happen and really, why should it. Yesterday was about a lack of mental toughness as well as errors made by a guy that at this point in his career, should know better by now. The game was there for the taking, but mistakes upon mistakes are what made the difference in the end.

Chargerfreak 11-19-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopar Mark (Post 4853498)
Wont' happen and really, why should it. Yesterday was about a lack of mental toughness as well as errors made by a guy that at this point in his career, should know better by now. The game was there for the taking, but mistakes upon mistakes are what made the difference in the end.

Yep. Desire, effort, and execution by players was the problem, not Whiz.

frozendisc 11-19-2018 08:50 AM

No changes until, or if, the Bolts get eliminated from PO's.....

No PO'S.....fire them all.

AFBoltFan 11-19-2018 09:04 AM

479 yards and 22 points...

Get another OC and see this offense challenge the Saints.

479 yards!

only

22 points...

Let that sink in.

Dha 11-19-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFBoltFan (Post 4853497)

I'm sure Whis told PR to throw into double and triple coverage at least 3 times a game? and told PR to kill the clock preserving time for the Donkeys yesterday also?

glutton4Bolts 11-19-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFBoltFan (Post 4853506)
479 yards and 22 points...

Get another OC and see this offense challenge the Saints.

479 yards!

only

22 points...

Let that sink in.

Hmmm...

Brees > Rivers
Thomas > Allen
Kamara + Ingram > Gordon + Ekeler

I will give you that the offensive gameplan is better for the Saints... but that is not nearly the whole story.... Brees scores TDs when he has to... in the 4th quarter. How many TDs do we even have in the 4th? Not many. The Saints, Steelers, Chiefs, and Rams have shown that they can DESTROY lesser opponents. The Chargers always let the opposing team hang around... We got lucky against the Titans and Seahawks... especially the former... and those teams are average. The Broncos are a bit better than their records indicates and it is a division game which usually means the games are closer... but in the 4th quarter you need to be able to put up TDs instead of FGs.... Time and time again, PR fails to get the TD in the 4th. IMO, he just doesn't have the clutch gene. This team might be able to get to 10 wins... even that is going to be tough... they may even lose to the Cards... it will probably be a close game... but they have almost no chance to beat the Steelers and Chiefs. I am tired of having faith in my team... the onus is on them to give me faith. Prove to the fans that you can beat a good team. I shudder to think how this team will perform in front of the nation on Sunday Night two weeks from now. It could be very embarrassing.

SDCPB 11-19-2018 10:43 AM

We should consider a new OC. Get Rivers out of his comfort zone.

Our running game isn't very good at running in the middle. Gordon gets stuffed easily when he runs between the tackles. Another problem with this team.