The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum (https://forums.chargers.com/index.php)
-   Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries (https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Meet Up In Pittsburgh !! (https://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=107359)

woodeye2000 11-28-2018 06:33 PM

Meet Up In Pittsburgh !!

On behalf of Nickel75, Eye am proud to announce that there is a PreGame meet up at McFaddens. See reddit or PM Nickel75 for further details. Have a great game ! Way to represent !!

Sincerely,
woodeye2000.

LongTimeOCBolts 11-28-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodeye2000 (Post 4856355)
On behalf of Nickel75, Eye am proud to announce that there is a PreGame meet up at McFaddens. See reddit or PM Nickel75 for further details. Have a great game ! Way to represent !!

Sincerely,
woodeye2000.

Thanks for the heads up, Woodeye.

Me and mine will definitely check this out.

:party:
:rockon:
:cheer2:

woodeye2000 11-28-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts (Post 4856357)
Thanks for the heads up, Woodeye.

Me and mine will definitely check this out.

:party:
:rockon:
:cheer2:

Cool that you and Sons of LTOCB will get to experience the passionate football atmosphere of Pittsburgh.

This game is going to be serious, given all the ramifications.

It could be like KC @ LAR !!

:)

ltinabottle 11-28-2018 08:01 PM

Sounds adventurous. It's like long time pen pals online finally get to meet up in person! Have fun show me your lightening bolt! :logo

Nickel75 11-28-2018 09:56 PM

Looking forward to showing some bolt pride!

Come join charger nation at McFaddens Saloon in Pittsburgh!

Two minute walk to the stadium.

A group of us will be watching the after noon games before heading over for the main event!

If you have never been to Pitt this is the perfect spot to pre-game(wife is from Pittsburgh, so Iíve scouted the bars, a long and difficult process 😂)

Looking forward to a good old fashion charger rally before the game!

Chargerfreak 11-29-2018 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodeye2000 (Post 4856358)
Cool that you and Sons of LTOCB will get to experience the passionate football atmosphere of Pittsburgh.

This game is going to be serious, given all the ramifications.

It could be like KC @ LAR !!

:)

I'm glad you wrote that. You said passionate, and while they are, its difficult to put one word or a label on it..................It is a generational deep rooted culture in Pitt, I encourage our visitor Bolts to meet and talk to as many people as possible while in town. Its a unique culture here different than other cities......

The Moekid 11-29-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargerfreak (Post 4856411)
I'm glad you wrote that. You said passionate, and while they are, its difficult to put one word or a label on it..................It is a generational deep rooted culture in Pitt, I encourage our visitor Bolts to meet and talk to as many people as possible while in town. Its a unique culture here different than other cities......

I love Pittsburgh. Great community

LongTimeOCBolts 11-29-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltinabottle (Post 4856378)
Sounds adventurous. It's like long time pen pals online finally get to meet up in person! Have fun show me your lightening bolt! :logo

We used to have meet ups locally with lots of folks from this board. It was always fun. Bundy - Chopper - Pk - B4L - 23Skidoo - those were the stalwarts. Hung out with McRugs lots of times. Too many others to mention. This will be my first on "foreign soil" however. Totally looking forward to it. :dance:

Chargeroo 11-29-2018 11:37 AM

About 50 of us meet up at a game in San Francisco some years ago. We had a great time. The Chargers blew out the 49er's. That Charger team had a superior run defense - teams couldn't run against them and we started to chant "you can't run" over and over and the defense made it come true.

As the game went on, the 49er fans became quiet and about half of them left during the third quarter. Soon it sounded like it was a game at the Q.

LT had a great day and he later said the team heard or chants and were happy to know the Charger fans came to cheer them on.
One of the cool things about it is many who were there that day were Charger fans from other states that posted regularly in the CMB. We never would have met each other any other way.

I hope you guys enjoy this trip as much as we enjoyed that trip.

shruggy 11-29-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel75 (Post 4856396)
Come join charger nation at McFaddens Saloon in Pittsburgh!

Two minute walk to the stadium.

A group of us will be watching the after noon games before heading over for the main event!

If you have never been to Pitt this is the perfect spot to pre-game(wife is from Pittsburgh, so Iíve scouted the bars, a long and difficult process 😂)

Looking forward to a good old fashion charger rally before the game!

While you will all be there drinking spirits, I'll be there with you guys in spirit.