View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
The problem is that Gaither is never healthy. He is fantastic when he is healthy but we havent seen that this year. I was one of the one excited about Gaither but now I think he just needs to be a back up only because we cant cut him because of his contract. Of course we need to replace Clary he has never been good. He has always had penalties, given up sacks/pressures
Right, which is why my idea is to draft an OT in round 1 who can replace Clary and sub for Gaither when he's out. Then we go get a veteran OT to be a more reliable backup than Harris. So we would start the year with Gaither and, say, Joeckel, and then if/when Gaither gets hurt we would have Joeckel replace him and a veteran to replace Joeckel. I see too many issues on this team than to spend two high picks on tackle. Plus, most OL taken outside of round one have very bumpy rookie seasons. If we try to start a 2nd or 3rd rounder at RT, we may end up crying for Clary to come back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.