View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORjr. View Post
And thats exactly when a GOOD GM steps in and takes him. The possible upside is tremendous, not to mention, a repaired torn labrum is not nearly as big of a deal as for a pitcher in baseball, and lots of them recover just fine.

I had the same injury, and the main issue after its done is range of motion. I can no longer extend my arm backwards as far as I use to when throwing a baseball, and it affects my throwing.

With Brees, they could have done some simple tests, ask the surgeon what he thinks, and then sign him back up.
Great post Jammer.
Just love this. A good GM would have? 30 other teams all passed him up. Miami looked, but even they were not sold. that 31 teams. So I guess only N.O has the good GM?

Quote:
Still, Brees faced an arduous rehabilitation, with long odds. "Lord, I was just hoping to give him a functional shoulder," says Andrews. "An average athlete would not recover from this injury."
Quote:
I thought, my God, what an injury," says Andrews. Four days later he examined Brees and diagnosed a rare 360-degree tear of the labrum, the ring of cartilage around the entry to the shoulder joint. During surgery Andrews discovered a deep, partial rotator cuff tear. He says the damage in Brees's shoulder joint represented "one of the most unique injuries of any athlete I've ever treated."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.