View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocKWavE View Post
A quote from that article:

Smith says, "People say the offer was an insult. I don't care what people think. If [Brees] wanted to come back, he would have accepted the offer."

Brees wanted desperately to return to San Diego. "I was supposed to be the guy to take that team to the next step," he says. "But then I started thinking, How can I go back when that's what they think of me?"

It was a tough personnel call for a bad injury....but it's interesting quote.
He says the damage in Brees's shoulder joint represented "one of the most unique injuries of any athlete I've ever treated."

Andrews and two other surgeons mended the labrum with the unheard-of total of 11 surgical anchors (three or four is common) and also repaired the rotator cuff. The 90-minute procedure was performed arthroscopically--a godsend for Brees. If the doctors had had to cut through shoulder tissue, his recovery would have been prolonged by months.

Still, Brees faced an arduous rehabilitation, with long odds. "Lord, I was just hoping to give him a functional shoulder," says Andrews. "An average athlete would not recover from this injury."

All that needs to be said. We had a great backup plan, no need to throw everything away on someone who might have never been the same. Loomis lucked into Brees being healthy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX