View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Their upside may be different bc Reese was always limited by his size, but their absolutely not apples and oranges... They have similar skillset and identical shortfalls.

And Reese is most certainly a freak athlete. His vertical jump and 3-cone were among the best at the combine last year. Coates may put up a better 40, but he wond be anywhere near Reese's vertical or 3-cone.

Anyway, my point is just that our FO values consistency obviously since Reese who had developmental upside, was too inconsistent to make the roster.
He weighed 160 pounds. Sooo that 3 cone time isn't impressive. Neither is a 4.45 40 at that weight. He had one impressive attribute and that was his vert.

Reese is not a freak athlete. That term gets used way too often. If Reese put up those combine numbers at 210, then I would consider him a freak athlete.

And their shortfalls are definitely not the same. Reese could run routes. Coates was only asked to run a third of the route tree.

Their only similarity is how often they were asked to run 9 routes, and their hands. It ends there.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.