View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
When I've rewatched the last few games, one thing that really stands out is Hardwick's play. It's not good. He may not have the "stats" that the OT's have in giving up sacks, but he is not giving Rivers any space to step up and avoid edge pressure.

The OT's are playing poorly, but I'd argue Hardwick is still this OL's weakest link.
Hardwick has always worn rollerskates and putting Green, aka Hardwick Jr, right next to him has been a disaster. Between the two of them there is absolutely no room for PR to step up in the pocket and I'd argue that's a bigger issue than the pressure around the edge.

I think that we should stay true to our board at any position that's not QB, DE, K or P. If the BPA is a tackle then pull the trigger. Assuming Gaither is healthy I'd have him compete against Clary and the loser of that competition is the backup RT with Harris being the backup at LT.

I'm hoping Troutman is the guy at LG but I'm not counting on it. We really need someone to step up there, and at the same time we need a stout C. Gaither and Vasquez are our only good Olinemen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.