View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
Very simple if aggressive! After releasing Addae, Benjamin and Liuget. That will free up 18 more mil on top of the 25 they have already. They can sign S Earl Thomas, RT Ja’Waun James, DT Danny Shelton, DT Bennie Logan, ILB Preston Brown, WR Kevin White, WR John Brown. Draft OG Cody Ford, ILB/OLB Germain Pratt, DT Reshard Lawerance. Resign Darius Philon, Isaac Rochell. They really need to focus on both lines. And I think Lynn knows that.
I agree with cutting ties with Liuget and Addae.

Liuget will be 29 next season and frees up 8 million in cap space with only 1.5 million in dead money. Seems quite logical.

Same with Addae, 5 million with only 1 million in dead money.

Benjamin is a little trickier because of the fact that TWill is free agent you lose both of them and then who do you have behind MWill and Allen? I know Benjamin did virtually nothing this year but I think that was more because he was pushed down to fourth string. He is only making 6 million and can bring a certain dimension to the offense that Allen and MWill can't.

I really want the Chargers to make a splash in free agency this year knowing that it is probably the last year of Rivers.

My wish list by positions of need on defense

DT:

Grady Jarrett; will probably cost a lot but he is a young stud that would instantly upgrade the biggest and most important need on defense.

LB: CJ Mosley; would give us an above average all around solid linebacker in the middle.

FS: Earl Thomas; familiar with Bradley, can still play at a high level.