View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Tell that to Denver who won a SB after making a splash in March.

Going big is fine, but you have to time your capital cycle with your organic talent cycle... when your team is organically good enough to be a legitimate playoff contender, then making a splash in the short term to put your team over the top is fine. But it does come with long term cap challenges.

The issue is that a lot of the teams that do this donít have a base, organic playoff contending team (I.e. the Jags for years, the Dolphins, or the Giants when they dropped like $100m/yr in FA with having a horrible team).
You know what I Amazing I, we can always do "tell that to the one oddball in history that pulled it off" jazz. Not only are you way smarter than that, its beneath you. It is not the way to do it, the odds are greatly greatly against you, and that is why most teams avoid it.

The Raiders sign the most FA's, and you have seen what they get for it every year. The Philly Dream Team was loaded with FA's, fail.

One of the good ones doing it I would say is the Rams. But you have to have a QB under a rookie contract to be able to afford it. I think Sean McVay is the difference there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.