View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Franchise View Post
Agreed.

We have a lot of attention being paid there since Gus got hired.

I'm assuming Addae has SS locked down (although I hope there is an open competition there), but FS... is it Boston, Lowery, McCoil, Stuckey, Jenkins (R)?

I feel like Lowery doesn't have much time left on the team. He played for Bradley before and wasn't kept around.

You'd think McCoil is the ideal fit in this system if he could only learn to react quicker.
Think the FS spot is between Lowery/Boston/King (if they want him there instead of Nickel).

Think McCoil is better closer to the line of scrimmage as a SS, heck why don't we play him at LB some, as thats what he did in the CFL IIRC. At this point I dont see Stuckey as much competition other than special teams.

Jenkins was brought in to fill in at SS I believe, his strong suit is not coverage.

But I think Boston/Lowery are gonna be our candidates for FS, unless injuries happen. I'd expect Boston to win the job but a lot can change from now until week 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.