Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will Denver finish in the division?
Division Champs! 28 20.90%
Second place 40 29.85%
Third place 39 29.10%
The basement 27 20.15%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphries_12 View Post
Before we decide to crown the Donks, lets see what they have accomplished.
I'll bet those grapes are sour, anyway.

Denver kicked our butt twice. They're 7-3, and in control of the division, and their own destiny.

Not a bad position to be in, if you ask me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 PM
All-Pro

I cant say nothing, we got swept, and even though i hate the uni the guy is wearing, i cant help but admire the Talent of Von Miller, I cant believe Elway got lucky enough to draft that guy. We still got an 'Outside' shot at a wildcard, so maybe we meet Denver again down the road.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappyJ View Post
I cant say nothing, we got swept, and even though i hate the uni the guy is wearing, i cant help but admire the Talent of Von Miller, I cant believe Elway got lucky enough to draft that guy. We still got an 'Outside' shot at a wildcard, so maybe we meet Denver again down the road.
Yes! Von Miller!!! He's amazing and he is improving. I know JJ Watt has had an amazing year, but Miller could be the DPOY.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Power of 51

Good game Denver. We played it to one score, but that's all we could muster.
We, we, we ........have issues.....

Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Back in The USA

Quote:
The Donks may be 7-3 but lets look at their wins.

2 against the Chargers and lets face it, thats not something to brag about.

A win against 5-5 Cinci, a positive I guess??? (Triple question mark)

A win against Pit in week 1.

3 wins against Carolina, Oakland, and New Orleans, all with losing records when they beat them.

Now lets look at their losses:

Houston, Atlanta, New England, all playoff teams projected to go deep in the playoffs.

They won some games that they should have but they also lost the games that everybody projected them to lose. Plus their QB is in his mid-30s not somebody you build around.

To all the Donk fans, enjoy your time in the spotlight, kinda like the Jersey Shore kids, make your fame now, deal with the STD's later.
Come on now, I remember not too long ago others were singing the same song when San Diego was ahead in the division. Denver, for as much as I hate to say it, is winning games to clinch the West and the rest in it are not.

Denver, congrats on the sweep of the sorry team that I root for. Yes Von Miller is a beast.

Hopefully Von Miller has shown enough to the SD front office that Clary is not worth keeping around.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The Donks may be 7-3 but lets look at their wins.

2 against the Chargers and lets face it, thats not something to brag about.

A win against 5-5 Cinci, a positive I guess??? (Triple question mark)

A win against Pit in week 1.

3 wins against Carolina, Oakland, and New Orleans, all with losing records when they beat them.

Now lets look at their losses:

Houston, Atlanta, New England, all playoff teams projected to go deep in the playoffs.

They won some games that they should have but they also lost the games that everybody projected them to lose. Plus their QB is in his mid-30s not somebody you build around.

To all the Donk fans, enjoy your time in the spotlight, kinda like the Jersey Shore kids, make your fame now, deal with the STD's later.
no one is crowning the Broncos...i just came into this season hoping for the division title as the team jelled... i am not going into the second half of the season with any expectations...

with that said, i'd like to see another team beat the Saints by 20pts and hold that offense to 14 (7 of which was garbage time)... Saints are the team no one wants to face right now and Denver smacked them in the midst of their hot streak...

beating the Steelers was no small task... and neither was going into Cincy and winning... the following week the SB champs went into cincy and you see how that worked out...

i think its rather obvious Denver isn't the same team now as they were in early Sept... not just chemistry wise but also personnel wise...

look at the teams NE and Hou have beaten?... not a big difference...

going into the SD game Denver was ranked 3rd in offense and 6th in defense and 2nd in the league in allowed ypc, and 1st in sacks...

i'm not sure what there is to hate on here my man...

is Denver the best team in the league?...meh, i'm not saying all that, but no team in the NFL scares me nor should they... Denver is a dangerous team... but no one is crowning them.... or any other team in the league for that matter...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

broncosgc, I want to congratulate you personally.

I did alot of smack talking this year about the Donks, and Manning in particular.

Never thought there was a chance you guys would sweep us. No way, no how.

I was wrong. Congrats to you, and your team. Way to keep the faith.

You're a good sport, and a great Bronco fan. Always fair and level headed in your thoughts and opinions. I appreciate having you on these forums.

We'll get you next year.

Donks suck!

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Indeed broncosgc is a classy fan and welcomed contributor to the CMB. He's like the only sensible opposing fan that has the guts to come here and interact. I guess its only fair that we offer some congratulations for his team. It does pain me to admit that they are playing very well and they're not even completely healthy!

However, this is the smack thread so....I hope that your Broncos make it to the playoffs and end up facing the Indianapolis Colts. I will be rooting for the Colts to put the smack down on your team!!! Luck 4tw!! Chuckstrong!! Revenge for Elway stiffing the Colts back in 83!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruX View Post
Indeed broncosgc is a classy fan and welcomed contributor to the CMB. He's like the only sensible opposing fan that has the guts to come here and interact. I guess its only fair that we offer some congratulations for his team. It does pain me to admit that they are playing very well and they're not even completely healthy!

However, this is the smack thread so....I hope that your Broncos make it to the playoffs and end up facing the Indianapolis Colts. I will be rooting for the Colts to put the smack down on your team!!! Luck 4tw!! Chuckstrong!! Revenge for Elway stiffing the Colts back in 83!!!
If we were to meet the Colts, there is no way Peyton Manning is going to walk away from that game on the short end of the stick. Luck's luck will run out.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
If we were to meet the Colts, there is no way Peyton Manning is going to walk away from that game on the short end of the stick. Luck's luck will run out.
He'll be shell shocked for weeks after that meeting in N.E.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Closed Thread