Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: New HC Options for Next Yr?
Bill Cowher 93 28.10%
John Gruden 87 26.28%
Jeff Fisher 39 11.78%
Some Hot Shot College HC 26 7.85%
Russ Grimm 16 4.83%
Someone who hasn't been a HC before 34 10.27%
Other - name him 36 10.88%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Green text is the worst

I think Spanos will be tempted to make a splash move like Reid because it will be well received by a lot of fans. I just hope he resists the urge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
When all else fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-Charger-Fan View Post
I cant recall exactly how many Eagles games ive seen since 99 but i will say more than a dozen, whenever they're on local tv or the national game.

I dont think this should matter, should i need to watch every Browns game to know that they arent a good team?
Oh, it matters...it matters big time.

I have watched roughly 160 or so Eagle games since Reid has become their coach. In watching Reid's teams play, it is damn near identical (on offense especially until J Johnson died, now on both) to the way Norv Turner's teams play. If you like the way the Chargers play now and you like a player’s coach who runs a country club type environment, then you will love Reid.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Green text is the worst

Alright, I think I will go ahead and officially throw my names out there, even though two of them have already been covered at length. Listed in order from most wanted to least:

If he's fired, Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals

If we go college, David Shaw, Stanford

If we look for a coordinator, Mike McCoy, Broncos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM
<<I miss Kamri

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
And in those dozen or so games in watching Reid, what was it that impressed you enough to lobby for him to be our HC
first off, my pick for our HC is Brady Hoke.
Just to be clear, Reid isnt near tops in my list as our HC candidate.

As for Reid, ive seen him dominate, and ive seen him dominated. And since i only watched those games as a fan i had no real vested interest whether Reid outcoached or was outcoached, if he had all pro's everywhere of if he had backups at key spots.
So when i said i would be ok if Reid became our next HC was because he's shown to be a more consistent winner while coaching in a tougher division.

Just like I never watched a Chiefs game except for whatever was on tv but that didnt sway my opinion that Marty would not bring us a championship, because his history spoke for itself.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

As for Reid, ive seen him dominate, and ive seen him dominated. And since i only watched those games as a fan i had no real vested interest whether Reid outcoached or was outcoached, if he had all pro's everywhere of if he had backups at key spots.
So when i said i would be ok if Reid became our next HC was because he's shown to be a more consistent winner while coaching in a tougher division.

Just like I never watched a Chiefs game except for whatever was on tv but that didnt sway my opinion that Marty would not bring us a championship, because his history spoke for itself.
What did you think of Norv when we hired him?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
When all else fails

Quote:

Marty's history showed us that he could build a tea to dominate in the regular season yet come up short in the playoffs. He was 5-11 in the PO before he became our coach.

Resumes do not always tell the entire story and that is why I asked if you watched games. If I can credit Reid for anything, it's hiring J Johnson and surrounding himself with a good staff. He himself is just a horrible coach and proof is in the fact that his surrounding staff now sucks and low and behold, so do the Eagles
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
<<I miss Kamri

Quote:
Marty's history showed us that he could build a tea to dominate in the regular season yet come up short in the playoffs. He was 5-11 in the PO before he became our coach.

Resumes do not always tell the entire story and that is why I asked if you watched games. If I can credit Reid for anything, it's hiring J Johnson and surrounding himself with a good staff. He himself is just a horrible coach and proof is in the fact that his surrounding staff now sucks and low and behold, so do the Eagles
so if he's a horrible coach did he just trip his way to 129 wins in 14 seasons?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM
When all else fails

Quote:
so if he's a horrible coach did he just trip his way to 129 wins in 14 seasons?
Serious.....have you not read a single word I said?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Well, All-Pro isn't the same thing as Pro-Bowl.

I just thought that was a fascinating revelation. Better talent = better team = more wins.

Whoulda thunk?
Quote:
Cowboys, Patriots, and us

sorry Al. So much for what seemed like an easy equation
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Pete Carmicheal OC with the N.O.Saints ring a bell. Has lead NFL 4out of last 6 yrs. he was also a coach for Chargers 02-05.

Is he Ready for HC Job?

Or maybe Joe Vitt, Saints trust him.

Last edited by florida SD fan; 11-29-2012 at 08:19 PM..
Closed Thread