Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 01:54 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegor View Post

How about the billionaire owner pay for his own stadium and he can figure it out how to get the money back out of the fans, you know, the people who pay to see the Chargers.
This is the best idea. Only the people who use the facility, or product pay for it.

So, every corporation who has gotten tax breaks to build a facilty should repay those taxes with interest. Every beach should charge those who actually go to the beach to pay for the upkeep and experience. Only those with children attending schools should have to pay for the schools, teachers, etc. Only those in jails... Only those who ride buses... Only those who use parks, libraries, have fires, etc...

Or, does a community pull together to provide for certain things they deem important for the quality of life? Perhaps that doesn't include sports facilities. I think teams should pay every cent of every stadium. I also believe every business should pay full price and full taxes. But as long as a community decides the new jobs a business brings is worth the tax breaks, or a park, or a library, or a fire department, or a huge stadium is worth the expense, so be it.

Last edited by UtahSanDiegoFan; 06-02-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Too Many Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizGod View Post
I think we should steal old grannies SS checks.
If it gets a stadium built why not?
Current University of Utah student.
Currently: Salt Lake City.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Ok this might be crazy but what if we started a kickstarter to help build a new stadium? One city built a skyscraper with crowd funding.

http://mashable.com/2013/05/29/crowd...-build-cities/
Old 06-06-2013, 04:22 PM
The Boltman is back

Thumbs up Not Crazy at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCountyKevin View Post
Ok this might be crazy but what if we started a kickstarter to help build a new stadium? One city built a skyscraper with crowd funding.

http://mashable.com/2013/05/29/crowd...-build-cities/
I actually like this idea , let's start one here and anyone can put anything they want ... I mean, it's simple math and no one is forced ... what ever the sum is at the end it can be giving to the organization from the fans to be spent on the stadium only! Even if that won't cover everything, it can help start something!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Diego Super Chargers!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
How about the billionaire owner pay for his own stadium and he can figure it out how to get the money back out of the fans, you know, the people who pay to see the Chargers.

TOTAL EXPENDITURES $ 14,877,604 $ 15,323,932 $ 15,783,651 $ 16,257,160 $ 16,744,875 $ 17,247,221

from the year 2006-2011 that is what the Q has cost the tax payers every year.
If the chargers stay in the long term sense. Buying the chargers in full a stadium if they required the chargers to fund and do the upkeep it would be better on the tax payer. (Not they would have to do it them self's)

I know there is always questions on does having a super bowl in your city make up for the costs of building a stadium... not going to get into that.... The question is when are people going to be over the incredible drain that the Q now puts on the tax payers?

I would have to do some searching, but far as costs to operate if i remember right the Q is near the top on tax payers out of all stadiums. The chargers owners at the time the deal was made got a sweet one.

You have a old junker car, That you keep sinking money into so much money that you could buy a new car.... But to spite the car company you just don't and just end up keeping the junker.... And spend more then you would have...

Oh that is about 96 Million by the way... for a whole 6 years, the cost goes up every year... In 3 more years it will be 20+ every year.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
I say tax the hell out of canned food!
$1 per roll tax on toilet paper and paper towels.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolbolts View Post
TOTAL EXPENDITURES $ 14,877,604 $ 15,323,932 $ 15,783,651 $ 16,257,160 $ 16,744,875 $ 17,247,221

from the year 2006-2011 that is what the Q has cost the tax payers every year.
If the chargers stay in the long term sense. Buying the chargers in full a stadium if they required the chargers to fund and do the upkeep it would be better on the tax payer. (Not they would have to do it them self's)

I know there is always questions on does having a super bowl in your city make up for the costs of building a stadium... not going to get into that.... The question is when are people going to be over the incredible drain that the Q now puts on the tax payers?

I would have to do some searching, but far as costs to operate if i remember right the Q is near the top on tax payers out of all stadiums. The chargers owners at the time the deal was made got a sweet one.

You have a old junker car, That you keep sinking money into so much money that you could buy a new car.... But to spite the car company you just don't and just end up keeping the junker.... And spend more then you would have...

Oh that is about 96 Million by the way... for a whole 6 years, the cost goes up every year... In 3 more years it will be 20+ every year.

Many fallacies here.

1) The best fiscal end for SD would be to release the Chargers from the lease, kick them out of the Q and level the place or sell it to the highest bidder and have that expense you listed off the books.

2) New stadiums incur millions of dollars in unexpected expenses (they had to sink a few million into Lucas Oil Stadium's plumbing a year after it opened, for example). It actually cost money to maintain a new stadium to keep it looking new, who would've thunk it?

3) What you mean to say is.....A billionaire drives a car you help pay for out of your taxes. You like the car and enjoy going on a sunday drive in it 16 times a year and a few more times if you are lucky. One day the billionaire comes up to you and says he needs a new car because all his other billionaire friends have new taxpayer subsidized cars and he wants to compete with them. He also says to you why sink more of your tax money into this old car, when you taxpayers could help pay for a new car.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
3) What you mean to say is.....A billionaire drives a car you help pay for out of your taxes. You like the car and enjoy going on a sunday drive in it 16 times a year and a few more times if you are lucky. One day the billionaire comes up to you and says he needs a new car because all his other billionaire friends have new taxpayer subsidized cars and he wants to compete with them. He also says to you why sink more of your tax money into this old car, when you taxpayers could help pay for a new car.
Does this billionaire race this car and win championships or just roll around the track in the middle of the pack and firing the pit crew every couple of years due to his lack of sucess?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmjim View Post
Does this billionaire race this car and win championships or just roll around the track in the middle of the pack and firing the pit crew every couple of years due to his lack of sucess?
He says he races to win, but usually ends up in the middle of the pack. But he hired a new pit crew!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Hall of Famer

2) New stadiums incur millions of dollars in unexpected expenses (they had to sink a few million into Lucas Oil Stadium's plumbing a year after it opened, for example). It actually cost money to maintain a new stadium to keep it looking new, who would've thunk it?
[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the part where i said make the chargers pay for the upkeep of the new stadium at lest part of it if not all. And stop the yearly drain on the tax payers.

I never said a new stadium don't have upkeep... But your doing a whole apples and oranges thing. Comparing something old and falling apart upkeep cost to something new upkeep cost and to trying to make them sound the same is total nonsense.

The Chances of San Diego kicking the Chargers out is somewhere between Nil and zero. So why even talk about the stadium unless you have something constructive to say?

Last edited by Oldschoolbolts; 06-08-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Closed Thread