Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Planning on writing up my first mock soon, but off the top of my head here are a few guys I like for us at various targeted positions (most of these are round 2+ targets):

DT - 3 tech
Maurice Hurst
Christian Wilkins
Taven Bryan
Harrison Phillips
Steven Richardson

NT - 0/1 Tech
Derrick Nnadi
Da'Ron Payne
Folorunso Fatukasi
Greg Gaines

LB
T.J. Edwards
Rashaan Evans
Tremaine Edmunds
Malik Jefferson
Jack Cichy
Uchenna Nwosu

OT
Trey Adams
Connor Williams
Tyrell Crosby
Brian O'Neill
Max Scharping
Jamarco Jones

RB (Mid-late)
Rashaad Penny
Josh Adams
Bo Scarbrough
Kalen Ballage
Nick Chubb
Kyle Hicks
I like alot of your position clusters and some of them made my current mock! (see my signature...)...

Hurst and Nnadi are high on my list but will be gone by the time I expect the Chargers to walk to the podium. Bo Scarborough is my late round pick to augment our RB group.

For your OT list, I do not like Connor Williams. Not a fan... Brian O'Neill is a great add to your list... Another sleeper, possibly Desmond Harrison, he is a giant. Who does Max Scharping play for?

Luv these lists...

Go Chargers...
Old 12-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
We must draft an ILB.
If TT & Eye go ILB, it will probably be with our second or third round pick. I have watched several of the listed LB's and honestly not many seem to fit our defensive scheme. Perryman is proving to be a beast in the middle and we are playing that Dime defense quite a bit.

He is a little small, but Kendall Joseph of Clemson is someone to watch. Roquan Smith, Georgia another.

We will have to wait for the end of the season, but perhaps there may be a FA that fits our needs. Gus seems to like going to his old well...

Go Chargers...
Old 12-06-2017, 02:41 PM
First member of the board

I'm thinking we'll be drafting well down in the first round, so I'm picking some good players that I think may still be on the board.

Quinton Nelson OG - Notre Dame
Billy Pierce C - Ohio St.
Frank Ragnow C - Ark
TJ Edwards ILB -Wis.

Nelson should be picked earlier but teams seem hesitant to use a high first round pick on OG, so who knows, maybe we get lucky.

In the second round I'd be thinking about a TE or RB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:27 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I'm thinking we'll be drafting well down in the first round, so I'm picking some good players that I think may still be on the board.

Quinton Nelson OG - Notre Dame
Billy Pierce C - Ohio St.
Frank Ragnow C - Ark
TJ Edwards ILB -Wis.

Nelson should be picked earlier but teams seem hesitant to use a high first round pick on OG, so who knows, maybe we get lucky.

In the second round I'd be thinking about a TE or RB
Quenton Nelson is just about a sure thing in the pros. Probably safest pick among linemen in the entire draft. He will go early and wouldn't surprise me if he goes top 10.

Things go well for us this season, he'll be looooong gone.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Mo’ Hurts

3 of the 4 remaining games are difficult ones. Not saying we can't win out, but it won't be easy. For now I'm just assuming mid round selection.
4. Juan Thornhill, S
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Brett Rypien, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, DB Rollins

Old 12-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Mo’ Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerTrader View Post
If TT & Eye go ILB, it will probably be with our second or third round pick. I have watched several of the listed LB's and honestly not many seem to fit our defensive scheme. Perryman is proving to be a beast in the middle and we are playing that Dime defense quite a bit.

He is a little small, but Kendall Joseph of Clemson is someone to watch. Roquan Smith, Georgia another.

We will have to wait for the end of the season, but perhaps there may be a FA that fits our needs. Gus seems to like going to his old well...
TBH I'm not sure exactly what LB does fit our defensive scheme. Still scratching my head as to why Brown isn't playing more.

Personally, I'm just more focused on finding chess pieces that Gusley can use to create good matchups.

TJ Edwards I like bc he can legitimately play all 3 downs and is solid vs the run and pass, and has athleticism to cover sideline to sideline.

Edmunds, Jefferson, Evans and Cichy I like because I think they can all take over that Emanuel/quasi edge role when we move a LB down to the LOS, but they can also be effective playing off. All have great play speed and fly to the ball.
4. Juan Thornhill, S
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Brett Rypien, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, DB Rollins

Old 12-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerTrader View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
TBH I'm not sure exactly what LB does fit our defensive scheme. Still scratching my head as to why Brown isn't playing more.

Personally, I'm just more focused on finding chess pieces that Gusley can use to create good matchups.

TJ Edwards I like bc he can legitimately play all 3 downs and is solid vs the run and pass, and has athleticism to cover sideline to sideline.

Edmunds, Jefferson, Evans and Cichy I like because I think they can all take over that Emanuel/quasi edge role when we move a LB down to the LOS, but they can also be effective playing off. All have great play speed and fly to the ball.
A player I took note of after watching his video was Micah Kiser. He is rising, and is up to Round 3. It may be that he is a little slow, but I see explosion, a tackler who wraps up, and coverage skills. This guy would be serious competition for Hayes Pullard.
jordan brailford EDGE okstate
dante olson LB mont
charles omenihu DL tex
anthony ratliff-williams WR ncar
josh oliver TE sjstate
Old 12-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Round one, id love to see us bolster the line! Which line? EITHER! I love Wilkins. On a good D, you hear his name over and over again making plays. Hurst as well. On the O side, it'd be nice to find a guard or tackle that can fill in and play immediately.

Round two, if we dont go Oline here, im starting to catch the Mayfield fever. This kid can ball. Yes, he has off field issues, but maybe a year or two behind PR will calm him down a lil. Come post combine, we may even need to move up in rnd two to get him.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:58 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
Round one, id love to see us bolster the line! Which line? EITHER! I love Wilkins. On a good D, you hear his name over and over again making plays. Hurst as well. On the O side, it'd be nice to find a guard or tackle that can fill in and play immediately.

Round two, if we dont go Oline here, im starting to catch the Mayfield fever. This kid can ball. Yes, he has off field issues, but maybe a year or two behind PR will calm him down a lil. Come post combine, we may even need to move up in rnd two to get him.
I think Mayfield will be the 2nd or 3rd QB picked in round 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:24 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I think Mayfield will be the 2nd or 3rd QB picked in round 1.
I don't know Roo.........................................

GM's have a weird way of forgiving bad behavior if they think they can get a talented QB.

3rd ?? No.

Time will tell. But by draft time they won't be able to stand themselves.

Joe Namath had "bad behavior" too.