Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-03-2018, 10:06 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 29,972
Default

The Chargers ahouldn't be swept by anyone in AFCW.
KC has some electric players on offense with Hill & Hunt, the Charger destroyer HC Reid and a promising new starting QB. Their strength plays vs our strength, KC "O" v LAC "D".
Denver has a very good D, great pass rush & estimated improvement at QB. They deserve our respect.
Who knows how Oakland will do? We swept them last year and should have a better LAC team this year. They deserve our best beat down.

The Chargers need to improve their game across the board. Last year had a new HC & mostly new staff, new location in temporary facilities. This year there is greater familiarity between players & coaches and what we need to do & how we do it.
Getting our rushing offense on track and doing it by game one is critical. Feeney, Pouncey and Lamp will be major players along with the RBs & coaches. Whis needs to run a balanced offense for the most part. One hand washes the other regards run & pass.
Our biggest and only deficiency on defense was long gains by RBs. That needs to stop. Gus & staff can make some adjustments & the players know of and are not happy with the YPC allowed stat. We added speed in a healthy Brown & rookies James, Nwosu, White and
DT beef with Jones. A consistently healthy Perryman would be huge but is iffy.
We started OTAs a lot more smoothly and need to continue to build consistency & effort through mini-camp Jun 12-14, take a nice break and come to training camp in late July ready for work. Lynn & his coaches have a good plan but it'll take everyone.
I'm looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-03-2018, 10:20 AM
like54ninjas's Avatar
like54ninjas like54ninjas is online now
HOFer in Training
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Great White North
Posts: 1,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
The Chargers ahouldn't be swept by anyone in AFCW.
KC has some electric players on offense with Hill & Hunt, the Charger destroyer HC Reid and a promising new starting QB. Their strength plays vs our strength, KC "O" v LAC "D".
Denver has a very good D, great pass rush & estimated improvement at QB. They deserve our respect.
Who knows how Oakland will do? We swept them last year and should have a better LAC team this year. They deserve our best beat down.

The Chargers need to improve their game across the board. Last year had a new HC & mostly new staff, new location in temporary facilities. This year there is greater familiarity between players & coaches and what we need to do & how we do it.
Getting our rushing offense on track and doing it by game one is critical. Feeney, Pouncey and Lamp will be major players along with the RBs & coaches. Whis needs to run a balanced offense for the most part. One hand washes the other regards run & pass.
Our biggest and only deficiency on defense was long gains by RBs. That needs to stop. Gus & staff can make some adjustments & the players know of and are not happy with the YPC allowed stat. We added speed in a healthy Brown & rookies James, Nwosu, White and
DT beef with Jones. A consistently healthy Perryman would be huge but is iffy.
We started OTAs a lot more smoothly and need to continue to build consistency & effort through mini-camp Jun 12-14, take a nice break and come to training camp in late July ready for work. Lynn & his coaches have a good plan but it'll take everyone.
I'm looking forward to it.
Have to say I think the faders are a team to not take lightly.
Their D, on paper, is much improved with the exception of the secondary. The potential on their Dline is scary.
Mack, Hurst, Irvin, Key, Hall, Ellis, Edwards Jr. That is an impressive potential rotation.
__________________
2018 rookie adoptees KYZIR WHITE & JUSTIN JACKSON.

Mack Wilson (LB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) TheU, Paul Adams (OT) MIZ, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-03-2018, 10:43 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 29,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
Have to say I think the faders are a team to not take lightly.
Their D, on paper, is much improved with the exception of the secondary. The potential on their Dline is scary.
Mack, Hurst, Irvin, Key, Hall, Ellis, Edwards Jr. That is an impressive potential rotation.
Crushing the 'Turds is a Chargers responsibility. Nothing lite about it.
We match up well on paper vs everyone's offense, them included. Regards DL, they do look good on paper. We'll just have to see what they can manage on the field. They were better than avg v run last year, weak v pass & scoring.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-03-2018, 10:50 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 25,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
Have to say I think the faders are a team to not take lightly.
Their D, on paper, is much improved with the exception of the secondary. The potential on their Dline is scary.
Mack, Hurst, Irvin, Key, Hall, Ellis, Edwards Jr. That is an impressive potential rotation.
TBH I expect a four team race in the AFCW.
__________________
....................
Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
LL Cool J
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-12-2018, 01:27 PM
like54ninjas's Avatar
like54ninjas like54ninjas is online now
HOFer in Training
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Great White North
Posts: 1,338
Default

Minicamp presser.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypJdYbBpAdxW
__________________
2018 rookie adoptees KYZIR WHITE & JUSTIN JACKSON.

Mack Wilson (LB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) TheU, Paul Adams (OT) MIZ, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-13-2018, 03:26 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 31,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Freak's Spidey Sense is tingling..........its the same tingling that had me pick Trevor Williams as Darkhorse last year............

I pick up on certain cues with people.......if he stays healthy, keep a close eye on Mike Williams..............

I'm giving you an early prediction.
__________________
The Chargers need YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't you Bag Up to help the Chargers cause ?

Give. Give till it hurts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-10-2018, 01:03 AM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 5,362
Default

Depending on what you're definition of good teams are, there's some good teams left on the schedule Lynn can beat to prove his standing. The Bengals and Ravens were good teams in the past who have a head coach who has remained with those teams for a while. If the Chargers can beat Baltimore or Cincinnati I will at least be happy. I get this out of the way.

Now that said, I don't think Lynn is really much better than his Denver counterpart Vance Joseph. Lynn isn't different than Mccoy. If there's one thing I see lacking about Lynn it's that he doesn't do trick plays. The good head coaches pull out trick plays. Which is ironic, because Lynn said in an interview before that he learned from Mike Shanahan about using them in games.

My opinion is that if the team regresses under Lynn in year two the team oughtta consider moving on from him. Now that the team is in LA, a big market, the organization can't let the disappointments pile on.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-10-2018, 03:20 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 31,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Freak's Spidey Sense is tingling..........its the same tingling that had me pick Trevor Williams as Darkhorse last year............

I pick up on certain cues with people.......if he stays healthy, keep a close eye on Mike Williams..............

I'm giving you an early prediction.
Huh. I posted that back in mid-June.

Let's think of that for a minute.
__________________
The Chargers need YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't you Bag Up to help the Chargers cause ?

Give. Give till it hurts.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:20 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 15,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Huh. I posted that back in mid-June.

Let's think of that for a minute.
Yea, nobody saw MW's talent but you....clearly.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:56 AM
sdchrger's Avatar
sdchrger sdchrger is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 2,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Yea, nobody saw MW's talent but you....clearly.
Seriously, I know that the dude likes to quote himself and toot his own horn, but predicting that the man that donkey punched Nick Saban on the biggest stage might have skills is embarrassing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.