Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Hall of Famer

The Chargers ahouldn't be swept by anyone in AFCW.
KC has some electric players on offense with Hill & Hunt, the Charger destroyer HC Reid and a promising new starting QB. Their strength plays vs our strength, KC "O" v LAC "D".
Denver has a very good D, great pass rush & estimated improvement at QB. They deserve our respect.
Who knows how Oakland will do? We swept them last year and should have a better LAC team this year. They deserve our best beat down.

The Chargers need to improve their game across the board. Last year had a new HC & mostly new staff, new location in temporary facilities. This year there is greater familiarity between players & coaches and what we need to do & how we do it.
Getting our rushing offense on track and doing it by game one is critical. Feeney, Pouncey and Lamp will be major players along with the RBs & coaches. Whis needs to run a balanced offense for the most part. One hand washes the other regards run & pass.
Our biggest and only deficiency on defense was long gains by RBs. That needs to stop. Gus & staff can make some adjustments & the players know of and are not happy with the YPC allowed stat. We added speed in a healthy Brown & rookies James, Nwosu, White and
DT beef with Jones. A consistently healthy Perryman would be huge but is iffy.
We started OTAs a lot more smoothly and need to continue to build consistency & effort through mini-camp Jun 12-14, take a nice break and come to training camp in late July ready for work. Lynn & his coaches have a good plan but it'll take everyone.
I'm looking forward to it.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:20 AM
HOFer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
The Chargers ahouldn't be swept by anyone in AFCW.
KC has some electric players on offense with Hill & Hunt, the Charger destroyer HC Reid and a promising new starting QB. Their strength plays vs our strength, KC "O" v LAC "D".
Denver has a very good D, great pass rush & estimated improvement at QB. They deserve our respect.
Who knows how Oakland will do? We swept them last year and should have a better LAC team this year. They deserve our best beat down.

The Chargers need to improve their game across the board. Last year had a new HC & mostly new staff, new location in temporary facilities. This year there is greater familiarity between players & coaches and what we need to do & how we do it.
Getting our rushing offense on track and doing it by game one is critical. Feeney, Pouncey and Lamp will be major players along with the RBs & coaches. Whis needs to run a balanced offense for the most part. One hand washes the other regards run & pass.
Our biggest and only deficiency on defense was long gains by RBs. That needs to stop. Gus & staff can make some adjustments & the players know of and are not happy with the YPC allowed stat. We added speed in a healthy Brown & rookies James, Nwosu, White and
DT beef with Jones. A consistently healthy Perryman would be huge but is iffy.
We started OTAs a lot more smoothly and need to continue to build consistency & effort through mini-camp Jun 12-14, take a nice break and come to training camp in late July ready for work. Lynn & his coaches have a good plan but it'll take everyone.
I'm looking forward to it.
Have to say I think the faders are a team to not take lightly.
Their D, on paper, is much improved with the exception of the secondary. The potential on their Dline is scary.
Mack, Hurst, Irvin, Key, Hall, Ellis, Edwards Jr. That is an impressive potential rotation.

Mack Wilson (LB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) TheU, Paul Adams (OT) MIZ, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 06-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
Their D, on paper, is much improved with the exception of the secondary. The potential on their Dline is scary.
Mack, Hurst, Irvin, Key, Hall, Ellis, Edwards Jr. That is an impressive potential rotation.
Crushing the 'Turds is a Chargers responsibility. Nothing lite about it.
We match up well on paper vs everyone's offense, them included. Regards DL, they do look good on paper. We'll just have to see what they can manage on the field. They were better than avg v run last year, weak v pass & scoring.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
TBH I expect a four team race in the AFCW.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:27 PM
HOFer in Training

Minicamp presser.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypJdYbBpAdxW

Mack Wilson (LB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) TheU, Paul Adams (OT) MIZ, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 06-13-2018, 03:26 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Freak's Spidey Sense is tingling..........its the same tingling that had me pick Trevor Williams as Darkhorse last year............

I pick up on certain cues with people.......if he stays healthy, keep a close eye on Mike Williams..............

I'm giving you an early prediction.

Won't you Bag Up to help the Chargers cause ?

Give. Give till it hurts.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Depending on what you're definition of good teams are, there's some good teams left on the schedule Lynn can beat to prove his standing. The Bengals and Ravens were good teams in the past who have a head coach who has remained with those teams for a while. If the Chargers can beat Baltimore or Cincinnati I will at least be happy. I get this out of the way.

Now that said, I don't think Lynn is really much better than his Denver counterpart Vance Joseph. Lynn isn't different than Mccoy. If there's one thing I see lacking about Lynn it's that he doesn't do trick plays. The good head coaches pull out trick plays. Which is ironic, because Lynn said in an interview before that he learned from Mike Shanahan about using them in games.

My opinion is that if the team regresses under Lynn in year two the team oughtta consider moving on from him. Now that the team is in LA, a big market, the organization can't let the disappointments pile on.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:20 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Freak's Spidey Sense is tingling..........its the same tingling that had me pick Trevor Williams as Darkhorse last year............

I pick up on certain cues with people.......if he stays healthy, keep a close eye on Mike Williams..............

I'm giving you an early prediction.
Huh. I posted that back in mid-June.

Let's think of that for a minute.

Won't you Bag Up to help the Chargers cause ?

Give. Give till it hurts.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Huh. I posted that back in mid-June.

Let's think of that for a minute.
Yea, nobody saw MW's talent but you....clearly.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Yea, nobody saw MW's talent but you....clearly.
Seriously, I know that the dude likes to quote himself and toot his own horn, but predicting that the man that donkey punched Nick Saban on the biggest stage might have skills is embarrassing.