Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Hall of Famer

My thought is the Pats focus on taking away KA and MW, which means TW and TB will need to not drop the passes thrown to them. Big games from them, Bolts win easily.....

Old 01-08-2019, 10:34 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
My thought is the Pats focus on taking away KA and MW, which means TW and TB will need to not drop the passes thrown to them. Big games from them, Bolts win easily.....
They'll probably have Gilmore on MW and double KA. So we need not just TW and TB to not drop passes but the RBs and TEs to get involved as well since NE's LBs are weak in pass coverage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 01-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
They'll probably have Gilmore on MW and double KA. So we need not just TW and TB to not drop passes but the RBs and TEs to get involved as well since NE's LBs are weak in pass coverage.
Which is where the addition of HH comes in. Maybe that could help open things up for Virgil Green too.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
You skipped mentioning our #2 receiver, Gordon. If the Pats take away KA & MW (which I don't believe the #22 pass defense can do), the RBs & TEs will have a good day receiving. TW is due for a long gainer or two. I can't call TBs production but this is a good game to show deep speed on a few plays. Hopefully he will give us a key catch.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:49 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Which is where the addition of HH comes in. Maybe that could help open things up for Virgil Green too.
If I'm at QB, he's gonna stay open too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
If I'm at QB, he's gonna stay open too.
That's funny. It might be a losing method, but its funny

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
You skipped mentioning our #2 receiver, Gordon. If the Pats take away KA & MW (which I don't believe the #22 pass defense can do), the RBs & TEs will have a good day receiving. TW is due for a long gainer or two. I can't call TBs production but this is a good game to show deep speed on a few plays. Hopefully he will give us a key catch.
A few years back when they had Revis at CB, they would put him against the other teams #2 receiver. This meant that the #2 receiver was completely taken out of the game. Then, they put the #2 cornerback AND a safety on their #1 receiver making the QB have to beat double coverage everytime he went that way.... it was not easy for opposing offenses.

Not sure if they continue to do that, but it's something that could happen.... so yes, our RBs, and our 3rd WR need to step up big.

Come on Tyrell.... no more dropped passes.... get back to your mid-year form... i still need you to fulfill my prophecy...

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Old 01-09-2019, 08:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Suffice it to say, if the OL has a good day, the receivers will as well. The only way I see the Pats defence being successful is if they are able to put plenty of pressure on Rivers, negating all of the weapons the Bolts have. I do not see that happening consistently enough to be the deciding factor. Rivers will make the correct move more often than not, same can be said of Brady. Should be fun.....

Old 01-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
That's funny. It might be a losing method, but its funny
Fumbling in a playoff game is a losing method.

Having block hands of stone is a losing method too.

Iron Fist Protocol is re-activated for the Pats.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
The real problem for the pats is they have a pathetic pass rush. So they will have to bring people to generate pressure which means easier getting open for the receivers. It will be a lot easier than facing the Ratbirds defense last week. Need to score TD's no FG's unless it is the last play for the win.