Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLegs View Post
I listen to sports radio here every day. Every host I've heard thinks the Chargers are the worst possible matchup. And, surprisingly, the majority think the Chargers will win.

The evening guy on WEEI was saying tonight that he didn't think there was any way you could expect the Patriots to win this game.

Lots and lots of respect coming from the talking heads over here.

Now, Pats fans...that's a slightly different story. I think most are scared of this game, but so many are going into their defensive shells because of what the local sports guys are predicting. So they're going all in on the whole Brady-Belicheck-mystique-can't-lose thing.

I guess we'll see.

Your consistent with your doom and gloom.

At least this is for NE.

So, we'll agree this time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Or Emmanuel on White. We're going to see plenty penny.
Yep...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...not saying we shouldn't throw a few new wrinkles into that Penny D...but I feel a whole lot better about some speedy, sure-tackling safeties covering those Pats in the flats than any slow, lumbering LB...besides, we're down our two best LB's anyway with Perryman and Brown...
3. Charles Omenihu, DT, Texas
4. T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
5. JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP
7. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Last edited by topcat4477; 01-10-2019 at 09:28 PM..
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Yep...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...not saying we shouldn't throw a few new wrinkles into that Penny D...but I feel a whole lot better about some speedy, sure-tackling safeties covering those Pats in the flats than any slow, lumbering LB...besides, we're down out two best LB's anyway with Perryman and Brown...
I suspect we'll go nickle and dime when Michel is in the game, and penny when White is in. Michel caught like 5 passes all year so it makes sense to have bigger guys in. the cheaters might not be as predictable as Balt but they do have clear cut strengths and weakness based on personnel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolted View Post
You're crazy hating. What credentials gives you the right to say the "roster isn't there yet" besides your own opinion? Nearly every other analyst says we have the most complete team and you say we basically don't.

Every team is missing pieces. There's no perfect team in the playoffs right now. But what we do have in our corner is superb coaching and that makes up for the lack of talent we have in one or two areas.

Look folks, I want the Bolts to win the Super Bowl, but if I can't express my thoughts on this board, why do we have it ? I don't think the roster is there yet, been saying it all season. I think they are two years out.....my opinion, not any of yours. What gives me the right to say that, or as has been said 'what are your credentials' for having such an opinion? I am part of a roster build, pro level. No I am not making the decisions, but I am in the meetings, hearing the honest, even brutal, evaluations of players by the team executives. Then I get to sit and talk with the owner, he wants honest opinions, I am put on the spot a bunch. How much these conversations influence him I have no idea, but I give plenty of thought to how my words affect these kids and their dream of playing in the NHL. I think I have the 'credentials' to express my thoughts on a message board.

Let's hope the Bolts get the bounces, stay healthy, and win the Super Bowl. I would love to see them exceed all expectations.....

Old 01-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Look folks, I want the Bolts to win the Super Bowl, but if I can't express my thoughts on this board, why do we have it ? I don't think the roster is there yet, been saying it all season. I think they are two years out.....my opinion, not any of yours. What gives me the right to say that, or as has been said 'what are your credentials' for having such an opinion? I am part of a roster build, pro level. No I am not making the decisions, but I am in the meetings, hearing the honest, even brutal, evaluations of players by the team executives. Then I get to sit and talk with the owner, he wants honest opinions, I am put on the spot a bunch. How much these conversations influence him I have no idea, but I give plenty of thought to how my words affect these kids and their dream of playing in the NHL. I think I have the 'credentials' to express my thoughts on a message board.

Let's hope the Bolts get the bounces, stay healthy, and win the Super Bowl. I would love to see them exceed all expectations.....
With outsiders (and former insiders) relentlessly bashing the Chargers org along with its still existing fanbase, IMO there's no reason to not have legitimate debate among us regarding our team!

That's what makes the CMB something that has been part of my life over the past 14ish years. As long as its not trollish, its the spice of different opinions that makes this place worthwhile.

All aboard!! Bolt up!!!!

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post

Frozen, I will actually agree with you that we still have some weak areas in our roster that need to be shored up: FS, ILB, OT, punter, etc...but we've made it this far and anything is still possible...So therefore...

6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP

Old 01-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Hall of Famer

There is a lot of talk across the spectrum of the NFL, GM's, coaches, players, scouts, pundits, fans,
that the Chargers have the most complete roster in the league.

Have a take...don't suck.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
There is a lot of talk across the spectrum of the NFL, GM's, coaches, players, scouts, pundits, fans,
that the Chargers have the most complete roster in the league.

Have a take...don't suck.
Yep...let's put it this way: The current Bolt squad is the strongest, across the board including COACHING, than it's been in several years. And we did win 12 regular season games. This year is one of those rare opportunities that comes along once in a while...now...get 'r done!!!
6. Nic Needham, CB, UTEP

Old 01-10-2019, 10:46 PM
Hall of Famer

This certainly wouldn't be the worst team in recent memory to win a SB.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:50 PM
Blame Butts for me

When we beat NE the talk will be about Brady’s regressed play and lack of talent around him.
When we beat the Chiefs next week the talk will be about Mahomes’ inexperience and Reid’s horrible post season track record.

But what will be the talk when we beat the Saints in the superbowl?
Fortunate bounces? Being healthier?

When will the talk be that we’re simply the best overall team in the NFL this season?

ASAP
Closed Thread