Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #531  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:50 AM
electricgold electricgold is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newport beach
Posts: 4,326
Default

The Good News is Bosa has gone on record and spoken about what it means to sack the great tom brady. . .

I'm sure there is a quiet storm brewing in what Bosa would like to get done on Sunday and let's hope Ingram is happy to help join in on displaying the importance and fundamental greatness of what the DE position can do when you have pro bowl star players putting the effort forth displaying greatness. What did I just say?
  #532  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:20 AM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 6,508
Default

Quiet storm brewing? That was the teams name creating a loud roar of thunder and lightening last Sunday with 7 sacks and multiple pressures and fumble recoveries. Brady saw the game on television. Once the outcome was certain he had to rewatch the whole game all night long.

Preparation perhaps? Or a certain foreshadowing of what is to come on Sunday. Let's have some fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
The Good News is Bosa has gone on record and spoken about what it means to sack the great tom brady. . .

I'm sure there is a quiet storm brewing in what Bosa would like to get done on Sunday and let's hope Ingram is happy to help join in on displaying the importance and fundamental greatness of what the DE position can do when you have pro bowl star players putting the effort forth displaying greatness. What did I just say?
  #533  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:13 AM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
There is a lot of talk across the spectrum of the NFL, GM's, coaches, players, scouts, pundits, fans,
that the Chargers have the most complete roster in the league.

Have a take...don't suck.
haha. Romey. I listened to him when he was doing late nights in SD. "Don't waste your time watching Prime Time TV! Listen to ME."
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
  #534  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 AM
sdchrger's Avatar
sdchrger sdchrger is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 2,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYboltfan1 View Post
Brady is the master of the dink & doink, would not surprise me in the least if he does what he always does and just picks the Charger defense apart.

Charger offense better score TD's as well, you wont beat NE by kicking FG's. They tried that already once.
Now I get your schtick. Make these lame predictions and when youíre wrong, 80% of the time, go hide under your rock. Poke your head out right before the next game to make another one. No personally accountability when you are wrong, which is most of the time, but a lot of crowing when you get one right.

Stay classy NY.
  #535  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:15 AM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is online now
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 22,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
With outsiders (and former insiders) relentlessly bashing the Chargers org along with its still existing fanbase, IMO there's no reason to not have legitimate debate among us regarding our team!

That's what makes the CMB something that has been part of my life over the past 14ish years. As long as its not trollish, its the spice of different opinions that makes this place worthwhile.

All aboard!! Bolt up!!!!
Agreed.
Disc, don't get discouraged because the majority of members do not agree with you. You had your say and you are sticking by it. The dogma of that is going to get more response.

I think the missing part of your analysis are the analysis of other teams.

Of the 3 teams that every one has been clamoring about this year, Rams, Saints, and KC, all three suck at D. Pats are a shell of themselves and any denying they have 6 extra wins because of their division is ludicris. Every team is incomplete.

Sure the Bolts may be two years out based their weakness, but it sure looks like they are just 3 weeks out to me, based on who is left. I think the Colts are the biggest hurdle. They are as balanced a team as the bolts and hotter heading in. KC is going to stuggle
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
  #536  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 AM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is online now
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 22,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Good post. Glad I could clarify it. You are welcome.
I'm glad no one takes these place seriously.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
  #537  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:22 AM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
I havenít seen a convincing argument against the penny d. Baltimore has a pounding rb who was completely ineffective against the Chargers because the dline didnít let oline men downfield against the dbs. Addae played maybe his best game in the LB spot. And if youíre worried about the Pats quick passing game with Edelman, Hogan and White, the dbs have a much better shot at covering them than Hayes or Emanuel. Weíll probably mix it up a bit but the 7 dB d is a wrinkle that youíll see more and more teams use
I agree. How does the little African Bee kill a grown ass man? It teams up with it's buddies and swarms him and stings him a thousand, thousand times. That's what the "penny" d does.

And you're right, i think, the penny d would also be effective against NE's itty bitty wr's.

I wonder what Pac says. I wonder, maybe the penny d is actually the WARHAMMER D???? hahaha. Okay, I'm a bit excited.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
  #538  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 16,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The problem with your thoughts is that they donít evolve. You say the same thing every year. They are x number of years away. You had em at 5 wins last year and said they weee years away. Truth is, they were a field goal kicker away and would have been a dangerous playoff team if the tie breaks didnít doom them and a team they smoked 55-24 got in instead with the same record.

I think you look at the Chargers in a vacuum. Their roster isnít perfect and you wo t say they are there until it is. No roster is. Everybody has holes. Who can devise a plan to the strength of their players, execute and have some luck. Thatís the difference now
Not true, and I have said many times the depth and talent have improved, but you choose to ignore that.

You are correct, the Bolts could win it all, as they are in fact one of the final 8. That said, I do not expect them to, and most football experts/pundits seem to agree, as they are not favored. As I have said earlier, stay healthy, get some luck, and they could exceed expectations.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.


__________________
GO BOLTS !
  #539  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 AM
NYboltfan1's Avatar
NYboltfan1 NYboltfan1 is offline
Reality professor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bloomtown
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
Now I get your schtick. Make these lame predictions and when youíre wrong, 80% of the time, go hide under your rock. Poke your head out right before the next game to make another one. No personally accountability when you are wrong, which is most of the time, but a lot of crowing when you get one right.

Stay classy NY.
Oh crap, they are on to me!

That's not really the case at all. I just post the obvious and if I am right I don't come back and gloat and will be the first to admit when I was wrong.

Look man, none of us play these games, it's not us out on the field. I don't live my life through other people, you shouldn't either.
  #540  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:14 AM
pacstud's Avatar
pacstud pacstud is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 21,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
because the dline didnít let oline men downfield against the dbs.
Well this part isn't really true. Double teams almost always work to 2nd level in the NFL, but the DBs weren't taking them on. They just went around. And because of their speed they could go the wrong way and STILL get to the flats quicker than most.

NE has the answer though, which will be to go to some 22 personnel and run iso and blast at us. I was shocked Baltimore didn't do it until it was too late and they had to pass.

It's intriguing, but doing it again? It'll depend on our offense for sure. Cannot do it if we're trailing.
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.