Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2019, 09:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/201...r-jalen-ramsey

def don't want to throw draft picks at a Jalen Ramsey proposed deal.... we've got players under contract that should be part of the conversation:

WR Travis Benjamin
3T Corey Liuget
SS Jahleel Addae

and a S&T w/Jason Verrett.... some combo of the above (Verrett & Liuget) oughta be enough to get 'er done.

ps. pls keep in mind that 'tis Jacksonville's oversight.... they drafted the "problematic" player (better under AL's stead of course and we have no reason to buckle under to any hankering of their's…. if we get outbid, we get outbid.... Liuget and Verrett is a pretty good haul for a team w/a "disgruntled" and outspoken dissident player....

The talent is not worth the disruption.......and there will be disruption. He is what he is, expecting change is stupid.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:47 PM
& ramblin' man

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The talent is not worth the disruption.......and there will be disruption. He is what he is, expecting change is stupid.
if we want to establish ourselves as a premier franchise in the NFL.... yes, I expect changes.

Randy Moss, DeMarcus Cousins.... disruptions that top shelf organizations can integrate into their mix.

we are no longer a McCoy coached entity.... Anthony Lynn has shown he has the support of his players.

is there anything that makes you more certain than not that someone like Ramsey would be willing to rock the boat/ship ??

my only real concern is that there might be cliques or tiers in the locker room.... we've got Bosa, Phil, MI, MG, Keenan, and now Derwin…. does Ramsey shift the balance ??

who fills in/picks up where Brandon Mebane leaves off.... Denzel, Pouncey, Okung…. or did Ramsey have difficulties w/Bradley before and they rear their head again ??
Old 01-30-2019, 06:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
if we want to establish ourselves as a premier franchise in the NFL.... yes, I expect changes.

Randy Moss, DeMarcus Cousins.... disruptions that top shelf organizations can integrate into their mix.

we are no longer a McCoy coached entity.... Anthony Lynn has shown he has the support of his players.

is there anything that makes you more certain than not that someone like Ramsey would be willing to rock the boat/ship ??

my only real concern is that there might be cliques or tiers in the locker room.... we've got Bosa, Phil, MI, MG, Keenan, and now Derwin…. does Ramsey shift the balance ??

who fills in/picks up where Brandon Mebane leaves off.... Denzel, Pouncey, Okung…. or did Ramsey have difficulties w/Bradley before and they rear their head again ??
I meant expecting Ramsey to change.

We as fans have no idea what these guys are really like, who gets along, who hates who......and with that many players/personalities, guaranteed there are issues in the room. We will just have to trust TT and Lynn on these things.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
'tis Eric Reid.... if you need me to elaborate, I can....
please do, you guys buddies?
Old 02-02-2019, 03:45 AM
Hall of Famer

It's an obvious reference to a linebacker...

either the Vikings Anthony Barr
or
inside trader Mychal Kendricks...
Old 02-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Legend

Matt Bryant was released by the Falcons today.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Thanks for everything 85!

Clay Matthews might be a FA. If that's the case, bring him back to So Cal and retire here. He's still playing at a high level. He's a victim of that stupid QB princess rule, but hopefully he can adjust to it like Aaron Donald did. If so, I believe he can have 3-4 good years in this league.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Veteran

What are your thoughts on Brandon Marshall, LB. Denver is releasing him.
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Intriguing pick up...Clay is a dynamic, versatile player. Very similar to Melvin Ingram. You can almost move him from ILB to OLB to DT to DE...like a chess piece. He's scheme transcendent.

He did start at middle linebacker for the Packers one year. He's a heck of player with NFL bloodlines. His father and uncle played for a long time.

No glass when it comes to the Matthews family. Their built tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
Clay Matthews might be a FA. If that's the case, bring him back to So Cal and retire here. He's still playing at a high level. He's a victim of that stupid QB princess rule, but hopefully he can adjust to it like Aaron Donald did. If so, I believe he can have 3-4 good years in this league.

Last edited by ltinabottle; Yesterday at 08:42 PM..