Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 AM
fatherrob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am a new Indy-based Chargers fan after 16 years with the Patriots (my relationship with that team ended when the quit on Monday night against the Saints). My wife is already getting me a hat/t-shirt Chargers combo from NFLShop, and I plan to get my customized jersey during the offseason (we just had a baby, so money is tight).

I've loved the Saints since 1989 when I dumped the Colts, but there is just a certain mystique about the Chargers that I love. I mean, they have a disco theme song! Add to that my desire to support a team that has a reasonable shot to meet the Colts on a semi-regular basis and kill them, and the Saints remain relegated to my favorite NFC team while the Chargers get called up to my #1 spot.

I need to get a good overview of Chargers history - perhaps a book on the topic. I take my fandom seriously...

Rob+
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Boltfan7998's Avatar
Boltfan7998 Boltfan7998 is offline
This is OUR time!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherrob View Post
I am a new Indy-based Chargers fan after 16 years with the Patriots (my relationship with that team ended when the quit on Monday night against the Saints). My wife is already getting me a hat/t-shirt Chargers combo from NFLShop, and I plan to get my customized jersey during the offseason (we just had a baby, so money is tight).

I've loved the Saints since 1989 when I dumped the Colts, but there is just a certain mystique about the Chargers that I love. I mean, they have a disco theme song! Add to that my desire to support a team that has a reasonable shot to meet the Colts on a semi-regular basis and kill them, and the Saints remain relegated to my favorite NFC team while the Chargers get called up to my #1 spot.

I need to get a good overview of Chargers history - perhaps a book on the topic. I take my fandom seriously...

Rob+
Hey FatherRob, not to sound rude but it sounds like you're a huge bandwagon fan. First you said you were with the Pats then just dumped them on Monday and before that you said you dumped the Colts and jumped to the Saints?? Who's to say you won't dump the Chargers if they lose at all and that's a BIG IF. Well either way we like the support but the Chargers get a bad rap for having a lot of bandwagoners but if you truly want to be a fan then we'll welcome you, just don't let us down. Thanks.

-Boltfan
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Open up the GATES and let the RIVERS flow!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 AM
fatherrob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan7998 View Post
Hey FatherRob, not to sound rude but it sounds like you're a huge bandwagon fan.
No, I realize it can sound like bandwagoning. I watched the Colts because it was what I was fed locally, and because they had a training camp in my hometown growing up, but I felt that what they did to Chris Chandler was inexcusable (especially with what they got in return!). I picked up on the Saints at the time because I liked the connection with my faith, but they never really endeared me to them. The've just kinda always been there. While I am happy for them, they still haven't endeared me to them. The Chargers, however, have been on my up and coming radar for a while... and have been my second favorite team in the NFL for some time.

Quote:
First you said you were with the Pats then just dumped them on Monday...
Well, to be fair, I stuck with the Pats through some miserable seasons, and some great ones. It was a wonderful ride, but in addition, I've been on the wane with them for several years. I became less and less patriotic on a personal level, and have felt like cheering for a team whose nomenclature attribute was patriotism was probably a bit of a bone-headed thing to do. I had intended to drop them at the end of the season (I joked with others about how I planned to go on the Free Agent market at the same time the players did), but after Monday... seeing the Pats just quit made me want to puke. That was it. I was done. No waiting until the end of the season. Since I had started following the Pats, I had never seen them quit on a game, until Monday night.

Quote:
Who's to say you won't dump the Chargers if they lose at all and that's a BIG IF.
I stuck with New England through their early, skittish seasons with Bledsoe, and have taken years of Colts fan criticism for being a Pats fan. Wins and losses don't tend to phase me as much... I just don't want to cheer on quitters.

Quote:
Well either way we like the support but the Chargers get a bad rap for having a lot of bandwagoners but if you truly want to be a fan then we'll welcome you, just don't let us down. Thanks.
My wife, last night, was saying she had been hoping that I'd pick New Orleans as my new favorite... I suppose by rights I should have, since they have long been my second favorite overall... but I just like the AFC better than the NFC, and the fact that the AFC West has some great rivalries AND the Chargers have smacked the Colts in the mouth makes me feel good about hopping onto the Chargers boat.

I'll do my best not to let you down!

Rob+

-Boltfan[/quote]
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Boltfan7998's Avatar
Boltfan7998 Boltfan7998 is offline
This is OUR time!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherrob View Post
No, I realize it can sound like bandwagoning. I watched the Colts because it was what I was fed locally, and because they had a training camp in my hometown growing up, but I felt that what they did to Chris Chandler was inexcusable (especially with what they got in return!). I picked up on the Saints at the time because I liked the connection with my faith, but they never really endeared me to them. The've just kinda always been there. While I am happy for them, they still haven't endeared me to them. The Chargers, however, have been on my up and coming radar for a while... and have been my second favorite team in the NFL for some time.



Well, to be fair, I stuck with the Pats through some miserable seasons, and some great ones. It was a wonderful ride, but in addition, I've been on the wane with them for several years. I became less and less patriotic on a personal level, and have felt like cheering for a team whose nomenclature attribute was patriotism was probably a bit of a bone-headed thing to do. I had intended to drop them at the end of the season (I joked with others about how I planned to go on the Free Agent market at the same time the players did), but after Monday... seeing the Pats just quit made me want to puke. That was it. I was done. No waiting until the end of the season. Since I had started following the Pats, I had never seen them quit on a game, until Monday night.



I stuck with New England through their early, skittish seasons with Bledsoe, and have taken years of Colts fan criticism for being a Pats fan. Wins and losses don't tend to phase me as much... I just don't want to cheer on quitters.



My wife, last night, was saying she had been hoping that I'd pick New Orleans as my new favorite... I suppose by rights I should have, since they have long been my second favorite overall... but I just like the AFC better than the NFC, and the fact that the AFC West has some great rivalries AND the Chargers have smacked the Colts in the mouth makes me feel good about hopping onto the Chargers boat.

I'll do my best not to let you down!

Rob+

-Boltfan
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad to hear it! NOW GO BOLTS!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Open up the GATES and let the RIVERS flow!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM
huskyboy huskyboy is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 377
Default

I was thinking about going to Chargers @ Colts for thanksgiving weekend.... is there a chargers fan group in indy?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Daddy Hobo's Avatar
Daddy Hobo Daddy Hobo is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellefontaine
Posts: 127
Default

Hey Guys...I am a Chargers fan in Ohio. I went to the SD v. Cleveland game last year and had a great tailgate with a bunch of people from these forums. I want to go to the THanksgiving game...private message me if you are interested in trying to get a group of tickets together and getting a kicking tailgate together.

Hobo
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 AM
boltedpride's Avatar
boltedpride boltedpride is offline
#1 Bolts Fan from N.Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Blauvelt
Posts: 752
Default

There is already a thread on Roll call for Indy, Moderators might want to combine or take notice....

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=80915
__________________
Stadiums I have been to, to watch the bolts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New York
, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, San Diego, Denver, Indianapolis, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Miami, Arizona, Baltimore, Green Bay, Carolina, Jacksonville and Kansas City
2018= Seattle!!



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steve- #1 Fan from NY!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Favorite Player: Stan Humphries

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charger fans in SANTA BARBARA? Lets get together! BMoseleyINC Chargers Fans, Where Are You? 8 08-06-2009 04:42 PM
Charger Fans Of Orange County ( 714 ) . . . dmercado70 Chargers Fans, Where Are You? 87 02-15-2007 08:46 AM
Charger fans in Richmond, VA? DFL3rd Chargers Fans, Where Are You? 7 01-06-2007 06:51 AM
Charger Fans In Houston - I'm Heading Up there ! mysteriousbolt Chargers Fans, Where Are You? 3 09-23-2006 04:22 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.