Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Rookie

Default Not in Miami but Tampa

I always the crap why you like the chargers (even my parents).. omg this year finally, I am no longer the dumb blonde cheering heh!

My parents didnt watch football in tampa till bucs got a team in 76 and it was mediorcre watching, but as a kid I loved the bolts .. I feel it this year boys .. I feel it!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:30 PM
bolt777

hi all i am in vero beach fla and i love the bolts been a fan since i was 12 lol
Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM
ABY

Default Chargers fans in Florida October 5th

America’s Backyard would like to invite all Chargers fans to our pre and post game tailgate party. We are a nightclub in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, FL. all about Grillin’ & Chillin’. Since we are located only 15min form Dolphins Stadium, I would like to give all Chargers fans a free drink and entry to the club on Oct. 4th & 5th. Please RSVP Jarred@MyAmericasBackyard.com
Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
ABY

America’s Backyard would like to invite all Chargers fans to our pre and post game tailgate party. We are a nightclub in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, FL. all about Grillin’ & Chillin’. Since we are located only 15min form Dolphins Stadium, I would like to give all Chargers fans a free drink and entry to the club Oct. 4th & 5th. Please RSVP Jarred@MyAmericasBackyard.com
Old 09-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Veteran

Default SoFlo info

A bunch of us are meeting the night before the game at Automatic Slim's in downtown Ft Lauderdale to drink, dance and meet and have fun the night before the Bolts squish the Fish!!!!!

OK, I've been to Miami/South Beach over a dozen times (including just last month), so here is some info for those of us going to the game in October.

The stadium is actually closer to Ft Lauderdale, so my girl and I are flying into that airport. Below are some great things to do in both the Ft Lauderdale area and the Miami/South Beach areas:

Ft Lauderdale:

Hotels

The Atlantic
The Yankee Trader
Hilton on the Beach (POOL on Roof Deck- where we are staying)

Dinners

Shula's on the Beach Steakhouse
Fish Restaurant (AWESOME SEAFOOD)
Jackson's Steakhouse (Must be dressed up a little)

Sports Bars

Waxy O'Connors
Lulu's Bait Shack
The Aruba
Hooters

Night Life

Automatic Slim's
Rock Bar

South Beach

Hotels

The Strand (POOL on Roof Deck)
Hotel Victor (Expensive, but awesome)
WinterHaven (Best Bargain in SoBe)

Bars

The Clevelander (currently undre construction- may not yet be reopned by then)
Finnegan's Way (Good sports bar right on the beach)
Waxy O'Connors South (Great Internet Jukebox and lots of TVs)

Dinners

Escopazzo (italian)
Sushi Rock
A Fish Called Avalon (Great Seafood)
Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse (Great Sunday night bar scene- especially for you single guys)
Tuscan Grill (Best steaks in SoBe)

Night Life

Mansion (Dance Club, velvet ropes- not my thing, but hoppin')
Automatic Slim's (Best Bar in SoBe- girls dancing on the bar, on tables, etc. Cool mix of Rock, Hip-Hop, hits, etc.)
LoveHate (bar owned by the Miami Ink guys)
RokBar (owned by Tommy Lee and some guy from the band Fuel)
Also, South Beach has a lot of cool hotel bars and lounges to grab a drink, watch thong-bikini clad girls strut it by the pool, etc. such as:

The Delano, Ocean's Ten (in the Hotel Edison), Lario's (Gloria Estefan's place), and the bar/lounge at the Loews Hotel

Hope that helps some of you!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 AM
sunbiz1

The stadium is actually almost in the Everglades...

http://www.dolphinstadium.com/content/stadiumguide.aspx

Also, try Mangos on Las Olas in Ft.Lauderdale for breakfast/brunch/lunch...if you go to Jackson's Steakhouse, bring a lot of $$ Try Houston's on North Federal Highway as well. I lived in FTL for 5 years.I know ALL the restaurants there, even the ones not listed on the internet with good food!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Veteran

Default Jackson's is worth it

You are correct aboout Jackson's being an expensive upscale staekhouse, but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!! I travel for business and have been to many of the Top steakhouses in the nation. Jackson's is one of the Top 5 in the US. It's worth every penny
Old 04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerLover View Post
Any Bolts Fans in the Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach area?
Hey how about the Lutz area near tampa bay i is a charger fan from the early days of 1964 when i took in my frist game and was hooked since. Been up and down with the chargers through out the years but no matter what i am still there rooting them on..even here in florida..i wear my colors very proudly and this coming weekend i will be in front of the tv watching the draft and seeing whom the chargers pick in the differrnt rounds.. till then Go Chargerssssssssssssssss sdcfan1
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
edh22

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockpete View Post
A bunch of us are meeting the night before the game at Automatic Slim's in downtown Ft Lauderdale to drink, dance and meet and have fun the night before the Bolts squish the Fish!!!!!

OK, I've been to Miami/South Beach over a dozen times (including just last month), so here is some info for those of us going to the game in October.

The stadium is actually closer to Ft Lauderdale, so my girl and I are flying into that airport. Below are some great things to do in both the Ft Lauderdale area and the Miami/South Beach areas:

Ft Lauderdale:

Hotels

The Atlantic
The Yankee Trader
Hilton on the Beach (POOL on Roof Deck- where we are staying)

Dinners

Shula's on the Beach Steakhouse
Fish Restaurant (AWESOME SEAFOOD)
Jackson's Steakhouse (Must be dressed up a little)

Sports Bars

Waxy O'Connors
Lulu's Bait Shack
The Aruba
Hooters

Night Life

Automatic Slim's
Rock Bar

South Beach

Hotels

The Strand (POOL on Roof Deck)
Hotel Victor (Expensive, but awesome)
WinterHaven (Best Bargain in SoBe)

Bars

The Clevelander (currently undre construction- may not yet be reopned by then)
Finnegan's Way (Good sports bar right on the beach)
Waxy O'Connors South (Great Internet Jukebox and lots of TVs)

Dinners

Escopazzo (italian)
Sushi Rock
A Fish Called Avalon (Great Seafood)
Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse (Great Sunday night bar scene- especially for you single guys)
Tuscan Grill (Best steaks in SoBe)

Night Life

Mansion (Dance Club, velvet ropes- not my thing, but hoppin')
Automatic Slim's (Best Bar in SoBe- girls dancing on the bar, on tables, etc. Cool mix of Rock, Hip-Hop, hits, etc.)
LoveHate (bar owned by the Miami Ink guys)
RokBar (owned by Tommy Lee and some guy from the band Fuel)
Also, South Beach has a lot of cool hotel bars and lounges to grab a drink, watch thong-bikini clad girls strut it by the pool, etc. such as:

The Delano, Ocean's Ten (in the Hotel Edison), Lario's (Gloria Estefan's place), and the bar/lounge at the Loews Hotel

Hope that helps some of you!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!
I was in Ft. Lauderdale back in October and we went to some place called "Gators" or something along those lines. They had great food and tons of TVs for watching games. It was in a shopping center and it wasn't far from where you go to get on the Cruise ships. I don't remember street names, but it was a great place and I would definitely go back if I was back there again.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
ChefBolt

where were all you guys/gals when I was living in FTL? damn, now I'm in enemy territory (Denver). these fans out here suck! at least the weather is nice in FL.