Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Never.....maybe we should paint on the wall in the room.
Ok. That was actually funny.

Dear Mojo !!! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! DONKEYS WINNING GAMES AND UPTIGHT CANADIENS BEING FUNNY ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

oh the opening loss
oh the pain of barnyard animals winning
oh look a kitten
hello kitty
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
He said he should have been more patient with the running game. LOL
Didn't see the presser, but he probably should have explained why he decided to stick with the run game.

I know why they went into the game with that mentality, especially after what happened in the second game last year against Denver. The Broncos were on paper weaker against the run with, especially with TJ Ward gone and better coverage safety play. If they do badly against the better running team this year, it may speak to how bad we are at run blocking still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 09-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
So patient Gordon was getting stuffed, the team failed to convert, and fell behind.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Hall of Famer

you gotta get Rivers going earlier. He had like 52 yards at half?!!!! the guy can throw let him open up that run game a little. Run some two TE sets. Hit Henry over the middle. Mix in some play action especially on first down which we had run it on all night. Too predictable.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:21 PM
San Diego

Quote:
Ok I need to go watch it... That is just insane and just might change my opinion of this coach.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Every time I see Lynn talk I have less faith. He seems in over his head
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Ok I need to go watch it... That is just insane and just might change my opinion of this coach.
there were hints during pre-season
Old 09-12-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
there were hints during pre-season
Well let's hope that by the end of the season, you won't get to say that you told us so then :P

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 09-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Well let's hope that by the end of the season, you won't get to say that you told us so then :P
I don't want to. I'm hoping he grows into it.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Veteran

I hope this isn't going to be an experimental season, I know Lynn loves to run and wear the defense down. We have a great QB and should focus on getting the O-Line better for both the pass and the rush.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
I haven't watched the presser yet, but part of this article does seem to give what he said more context. It seems that he felt that he was overcorrecting in the second half, particularly the third quarter during the series of plays where they just passed the ball until trying to run it as well. In other words, I think he's second guessing himself on the failed plays. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. I do know that it's something that McCoy would never do in the past.

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/09...-melvin-gordon

Quote:
While the Chargers had success airing it out late in the fourth quarter, Lynn believes the Bolts got away from the run too quickly in the third. In what he dubbed a learning experience, in hindsight, the head coach believes the offense could have worn down the Broncos defense had they stuck with the run.

Instead, the Bolts threw it on their next three snaps, resulting in a punt. After giving up a field goal, they passed on four of the next five plays, leading to a failed fourth down conversion.

“Coming out in the third quarter was a lesson for myself,” he said. “We’re down 14-7, and let’s reestablish the run game. Let’s get back to a balanced offense. (The next series) we passed the ball (almost) six times in a row, and it was three-and-out. I can be more patient instead of trying to catch up and sticking with our plan.”

Unleash the Rivers!!!