Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I can do that ?? Why didn't anybody tell me this ? I can block all Canadian Goalies posts on here ???

It's like a miracle. Magic. Glorious.
You have not been doing that already??? So there is hope?

GO BOLTS !
Old 01-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I can do that ?? Why didn't anybody tell me this ? I can block all Canadian Goalies posts on here ???

It's like a miracle. Magic. Glorious.
It's kinda starker like. Really Freaky.

I'm not the bad Guy, I just expect everyone to sign off on one vision, one direction. I truly believe that it has finally happened.

I have to think Gus signed 1 year deal to get paid his HC salery and save Chargers money. Then he showed his loyalty by signing a long term Contract. I always felt Whiz was a great fit for Rivers, and I hope they pulled it off.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:48 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Just for the record, the Chargers were 2-5 vs teams who finished with a winning record.
It would have been nice to see our rookie HC take a 5-11 team and start knocking off playoff contenders but that didn't happen. We were 9-7 and a place-kicker short of the playoffs in 2017.
It was nice to see the defense post great numbers and it's not difficult to project a 2018 Chargers playoffs slot. A solid kicking game & improved depth will do the trick.
Maybe we shouldn't have attempted so many field goals. When you have no field goal kicker, a very good tight end, and a great possession WR maybe you shouldn't attempt multiple 45 yard field goals on 4th and short. Lynn even kept trying extra points when our kicker was hurt in the Dallas game. The dude left a lot of points on the board because he was too stubborn to go for it when it was the smart play. We lost a lot of close games because of it.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:54 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
It's kinda starker like. Really Freaky.

I'm not the bad Guy, I just expect everyone to sign off on one vision, one direction. I truly believe that it has finally happened.

I have to think Gus signed 1 year deal to get paid his HC salery and save Chargers money. Then he showed his loyalty by signing a long term Contract. I always felt Whiz was a great fit for Rivers, and I hope they pulled it off.
Yes it has, and good post. I called for a culture change for a long time, and you are right. It finally landed here and Lynn gets max credit for it.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:22 AM
Hall of Famer

In the words of Chargerfreak and florida SD fan ...

Eye called this months ago,
when YOU were busy snivelling left and right
about everything under the Sun.

Some of us are just made for the heat of the battle during in season competition.
Zachary Crabtree
Martez Carter
Darius Leonard
Bryce Crawford

The woodMock '18
Old 01-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post

In the words of Chargerfreak and florida SD fan ...

Eye called this months ago,
when YOU were busy snivelling left and right
about everything under the Sun.

Some of us are just made for the heat of the battle during in season competition.
Good for you, but we did not make the PO. Now with everyone signed for at least next two years most of us expect greatness. It's hard to imagine anything else with the minds in agreement.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:35 AM
Hall of Famer

True. No more excuses of rookie head coach. It be intriguing to see how Lynn does in year two. Can he lead the Chargers to being competitive against the the top teams in the league? Also, he will be competing against coaches in his division who are or we're great game planners in Reid and Gruden.

Gruden has a lot to prove as well. He's promoted a coach from McVay's staff to offensive coordinator in Greg Olsen. McVay really impressed me in how he out schemed opponents in his rookie season! McVay in some ways reminds me of Gruden in that they made big splashes offensively. In the end, can Anthony Lynn beat these coaches head to head next year? Lynn was out coached by Reid both times. Will see.

It is encouraging to see things are turning in around when the Chargers have won more games in one season than the previous two.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Gimme a Hollaback in August.
Zachary Crabtree
Martez Carter
Darius Leonard
Bryce Crawford

The woodMock '18
Old 01-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
True. No more excuses of rookie head coach. It be intriguing to see how Lynn does in year two. Can he lead the Chargers to being competitive against the the top teams in the league? Also, he will be competing against coaches in his division who are or we're great game planners in Reid and Gruden.

Gruden has a lot to prove as well. He's promoted a coach from McVay's staff to offensive coordinator in Greg Olsen. McVay really impressed me in how he out schemed opponents in his rookie season! McVay in some ways reminds me of Gruden in that they made big splashes offensively. In the end, can Anthony Lynn beat these coaches head to head next year? Lynn was out coached by Reid both times. Will see.

It is encouraging to see things are turning in around when the Chargers have won more games in one season than the previous two.
everyone will be using 'sophomore jinx' next year. There's always something, it's the Chargers.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterfan View Post
Maybe we shouldn't have attempted so many field goals. When you have no field goal kicker, a very good tight end, and a great possession WR maybe you shouldn't attempt multiple 45 yard field goals on 4th and short. Lynn even kept trying extra points when our kicker was hurt in the Dallas game. The dude left a lot of points on the board because he was too stubborn to go for it when it was the smart play. We lost a lot of close games because of it.
Easy to say and completely accurate in retrospect but how was Lynn to know they'd choke without trying? We don't often see teams in the early season playing as if they had no kicker. Close to never. I can't recall any.
Games 1 (Den), 2 (Mia) and 4 (Phi) were the ones most at issue to have provided a different result.

Last edited by sonorajim; 01-11-2018 at 12:08 PM..