Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2018, 05:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
I wasn't mad at the refs at all. You give up a 1/4th of the field on 4th down with the lead under 2 minutes, then you deserve to lose.
The play call was fine... like most of the time... the execution was dreadful... piss poor tackling, terrible player placement, lack of focus, and just plain bad (defensive) football.

Then add the refs decision and it just made me shake my head.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:01 AM
<<Offseason Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
The play call was fine... like most of the time... the execution was dreadful... piss poor tackling, terrible player placement, lack of focus, and just plain bad (defensive) football.

Then add the refs decision and it just made me shake my head.
Perfect description.

I like the part where you say you're going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and then proceed to not give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Rivers passed John Elway to become the 8th all time leader in passing yards.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
With the ball tucked to his chest and his knee touching with his upper body still 2 feet off the ground, Ray Rice would have needed to be 7+ feet tall to have legitimately picked up the first.

Still to this day it makes me sick to my stomach.
In additon to that, Aquan Bolden laid a blatant block in the back on Weddle who was in position to keep Rice from making the first down. Terrible job by more than one ref.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Rookie

The play that I remember seeing in person was the "Holy Roller" that won the game for the Raiders.
Stabler gets stripped of the ball( flipped it forward) and then Pete Banaszak throws the fumble forward underhanded and Dave Casper kicks it a few times into the end zone then falls on it for the winning touchdown.....The Chargers were wearing the cool yellow pants and I thought Mike Williams(CB) was going to have a stroke....everybody at the Murph was in shock except the Raider fans....September of 1978....hated the Raiders ever since
Old 10-13-2018, 08:52 AM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this; this thread seems appropriate.

SB Nation names Jamal Williams 2nd best player ever selected in the supplemental draft, behind only Chris Carter. Can't argue with that.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/7/...jamal-williams
Jamal Williams was a great pick but do you remember that it took a couple of years for him to "settle in" and become a great player?

Those who like to criticize young players should remember that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:54 AM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan05 View Post
The play that I remember seeing in person was the "Holy Roller" that won the game for the Raiders.
Stabler gets stripped of the ball( flipped it forward) and then Pete Banaszak throws the fumble forward underhanded and Dave Casper kicks it a few times into the end zone then falls on it for the winning touchdown.....The Chargers were wearing the cool yellow pants and I thought Mike Williams(CB) was going to have a stroke....everybody at the Murph was in shock except the Raider fans....September of 1978....hated the Raiders ever since
That was a royal screwing, I never got over it. Like you, I hate the raiders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
Hall of Famer

https://nflcommunications.com/Docume...20(8.6.18).pdf

Quote:
MELVIN GORDON, Los Angeles Chargers, can become the
third player in team history to record at least 1,200 scrimmage
yards and 10 total touchdowns in three consecutive seasons,
joining Lance Alworth (eight consecutive seasons) and LaDainian
Tomlinson (four).
Gordon is close to getting 10 total touchdowns. Has 466 rushing yards and 279 receiving yards, 745 yards in total.