Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Rivers be benched?
Yes! I'm tired of him melting down and losing games by throwing up the rock for picks! 15 21.13%
No, give Rivers another chance 35 49.30%
Maybe, if Rivers keeps on melting down and losing games 13 18.31%
Other--see my post 8 11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2017, 05:14 AM
Hall of Famer

This thread really should be entitled it's time to transition from Rivers. Time to find a talented quarterback to eventually lead the Chargers against the younger talented quarterbacks of the league: e.g. the Jared Goffs, Mariotas, Wentz of the league in a few years. These guys will be contending and competing against the older quarterbacks of the league real soon if they haven't already.

Time flies...Eli getting benched, Ben talking about retirement...Rivers continues to roll and I think we all know he still gives us the best chance to win. However, it's time to find a talented quarterback to groom and learn behind him.

Time for a younger quarterback to start the process of getting to work with our younger core players Henrys, Allens, MG's. Just hope we can find one...that's the challenging part. We know first hand nothing is guaranteed and projection to the NFL from college (Leaf) is not a sure thing.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:17 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Oh c'mon now. There was a heck of a lot more that went into that than just Eli.
do tell. what?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:32 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
do tell. what?
He was 2-10 for one thing..................

“Steve Tisch and I met after the game yesterday and agreed to talk this morning, which we did,” owner John Mara told the media on Monday. “We agreed that wholesale changes needed to be made to this organization to get us back to the team that we expect to be. We also agreed that it was pointless to wait any longer to make these changes.”

"But, maybe a change attracts a bigger crowd for the last few home games. Could be a show of goodwill to the fans,” a Giants source told ESPN’s Josina Anderson on Monday morning.

McAdoo has lost this team,” an unnamed player told Anderson Wednesday. “He’s got us going 80 percent on Saturdays before we get on a plane to play a game, it’s wild. Changed our off day. He’s dishing out fines like crazy. Suspended two of our stars when we need them most. Throws us under the bus all the time. He’s ran us into the ground and people wonder why we’ve been getting got.”
Old 12-31-2017, 05:41 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
He was 2-10 for one thing..................

“Steve Tisch and I met after the game yesterday and agreed to talk this morning, which we did,” owner John Mara told the media on Monday. “We agreed that wholesale changes needed to be made to this organization to get us back to the team that we expect to be. We also agreed that it was pointless to wait any longer to make these changes.”

"But, maybe a change attracts a bigger crowd for the last few home games. Could be a show of goodwill to the fans,” a Giants source told ESPN’s Josina Anderson on Monday morning.

McAdoo has lost this team,” an unnamed player told Anderson Wednesday. “He’s got us going 80 percent on Saturdays before we get on a plane to play a game, it’s wild. Changed our off day. He’s dishing out fines like crazy. Suspended two of our stars when we need them most. Throws us under the bus all the time. He’s ran us into the ground and people wonder why we’ve been getting got.”

I'm so reporting this post to perry. No links. the shame.

Benching Eli, was the straw...

The first reference is meaningless. It was after the fact.
The second makes no sense.
The third is probably more likely one of a number of contributing factors, he lost the team due to his style.
Being 2-10 is a symptom. Plus it sure pisses off the fan base.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Rookie

Bolt

No I wouldn't bench him. Let him do his thing. I would bring in a new quarterback to learn the ropes till Rivers retires(should be soon), then give him the reins. you might even split the duties on a per game basis or per series basis. Since they had a winning season, they will be midway in the draft if not closer. They should draft for semi-decent quarterbacks to give the position depth, over the next few drafts. I think Rivers was one of the best quarterbacks the chargers have had. Fouts Freitas and Harris come to mind. There was also John Hadl.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman1007 View Post
No I wouldn't bench him. Let him do his thing. I would bring in a new quarterback to learn the ropes till Rivers retires(should be soon), then give him the reins. you might even split the duties on a per game basis or per series basis. Since they had a winning season, they will be midway in the draft if not closer. They should draft for semi-decent quarterbacks to give the position depth, over the next few drafts. I think Rivers was one of the best quarterbacks the chargers have had. Fouts Freitas and Harris come to mind. There was also John Hadl.
Wait, what just happened here?
Old 01-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Yes. Now that the season is over, it's time to bench Rivers.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Even entertaining the thought of benching Rivers is ridiculous......

Is it time to lock this thread is the real question......

1 Landry DE/PRS
2 Jewell ILB
3 H Hill CB/S (I am thinking S here, but clearly a solid CB as well)
4 Kiser ILB
5 Senat DL
6 M Cole OC (has played all OL positions, so depth across the line ?)
7 B Spain OT
Old 01-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Too bad we never got to see what the kid has
Old 01-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
Too bad we never got to see what the kid has
Did they release C Jones ?

1 Landry DE/PRS
2 Jewell ILB
3 H Hill CB/S (I am thinking S here, but clearly a solid CB as well)
4 Kiser ILB
5 Senat DL
6 M Cole OC (has played all OL positions, so depth across the line ?)
7 B Spain OT