Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2018, 05:39 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Allen played 5 games before going on IR. Foster played 10 games & just got arrested for possession of weed. He also had a diluted drug test at the combine and the NFL considers that a positive test. I'm guessing we dodged a bullet not drafting him.

I wanted Hooker, but he went on IR too. I was not a fan of drafting Williams because he wasn't a need, but we are stuck with him now so I hope the best.

That's the one thing that scares me about Telesco. He drafted Williams because he was worried Allen would get hurt again. That strategy kept him from drafting an impact defensive player. Now I'm slightly worried he'll draft a QB if one falls to 17 and that player won't contribute for at least 2 full seasons. We need somebody in round 1 that starts now.
And throw in just got arrested for domestic violence. Yeah, that turned out to be a good choice to past on him, despite his insane potential.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 02-11-2018, 09:19 PM
All-Pro

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
And throw in just got arrested for domestic violence. Yeah, that turned out to be a good choice to past on him, despite his insane potential.
"MMQB.com reported a team with a top-15 pick didn’t have Foster on its draft board because of his “immaturity” and “issues with life skills,” and that was before his failed drug test and altercation at the combine."

Since the combine he's been arrested for marijuana possession & now domestic violence. Guessing this guy will never get it.

Had Telesco drafted him he'd be getting crucified on here right now, but a lot of people would have loved the pick on draft day.

Sometimes more goes into passing on a player than what the public knows. The scouting dept. digs pretty deep into these guys pasts I would imagine and asks them all kinds of questions to get a feel for who they are as people.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:38 PM
Heartbroken Fan Each Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
"MMQB.com reported a team with a top-15 pick didn’t have Foster on its draft board because of his “immaturity” and “issues with life skills,” and that was before his failed drug test and altercation at the combine."

Since the combine he's been arrested for marijuana possession & now domestic violence. Guessing this guy will never get it.

Had Telesco drafted him he'd be getting crucified on here right now, but a lot of people would have loved the pick on draft day.

Sometimes more goes into passing on a player than what the public knows. The scouting dept. digs pretty deep into these guys pasts I would imagine and asks them all kinds of questions to get a feel for who they are as people.
Those weird questions they ask at the combine isnt so weird after all. Some questions really are to dig around and see where a players head is at. I remember they did a look back at the Leaf and Manning situation. They asked both what would they do if selected first. Leaf gave the response of going to vegas with his boys or something like that while manning said that he would start studying the playbook right when he got to the facility. Somethibg like that but a lot does go into digging into these players characters. Different teams get different answers to different questions.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:09 AM
All-Pro

Wasn't it Foster who was asked to leave the combine? Or am I getting it mixed up....
Old 02-12-2018, 12:24 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Wasn't it Foster who was asked to leave the combine? Or am I getting it mixed up....
He was kicked out for getting in a argument with one of the medical staff.