Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2019, 08:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Yes...if this was back to the future you know you see picture of Rivers without a ring announcing his retirement it's 3/4 visible. I really thought this year was as a good chance to go all the way.

Maybe it's the best that Rivers can be...I hope I'm wrong. Nunc Coepi "Now I begin again" how many of these latin sayings does he have left professionally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Philip Rivers... Sigh
Old 01-21-2019, 01:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
I didn't destroy it, I acknowledged its' shortcomings. I simply do not see a single starter from this past season being the starter on a Bolts' Super Bowl winning team. Maybe Pouncy.....or Okung, but that would require TT bring in top shelf performers at OG's and ROT. That seems to be a very tough task for TT to get done. Priority for me would be ROT and RG.....roll with Okung another season (I know his money is crazy), Feeney and Pouncy. Then the next off season try to get two of the three addressed.....LOT, LOG, OC. Best case would be for one of the top OL guys to fall to the Bolts this year round one......and it doesn't matter which position, they all are in need of improvement.
Can the team afford to wait on another young offensive linemen? That would be a question I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Solder was a coveted free agent based on his time in NE and signed a big contract with the Giants. This season he was listed as one of the top 5 worst FA acquisitions of the year. Did he forget how to play or does coaching and scheme have something to do with a player’s success?
Players get paid and lazy. Happens all the time.

It's not going to be easy to avoid another Orlando Franklin.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Can the team afford to wait on another young offensive linemen? That would be a question I have.

Well, there is no question that the OL group is behind the curve on this roster build. TT has had too many misses, Lamp being the most recent example, and that might prove to be the drag on future winning. To be fair, TT has had his wins in the OL group, with Pouncy being a huge addition. To answer your question, I do not see it as waiting. Draft talent and then hope that it asserts itself in TC.....if it does, it starts. TT needs to start acquiring OL players that push the current group to back up positions, or risk the timing of the build going far astray.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Hall of Famer

You are too presumptive about Lamp.
"I've seen this before in hockey" does not correlate.
We don't know.
You don't know.
Let's find out @ training camp.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post

You are too presumptive about Lamp.
"I've seen this before in hockey" does not correlate.
We don't know.
You don't know.
Let's find out @ training camp.

The Bolts know......

My experience in Ice Hockey has some influence on my view on this, but not a bunch.

Lamp gets another TC because the Bolts have zero reason to not give him one.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
The Bolts know......

My experience in Ice Hockey has some influence on my view on this, but not a bunch.

Lamp gets another TC because the Bolts have zero reason to not give him one.

“Another” training camp?

Lamp has never had his first training camp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Hall of Famer

My ears !!

Get that out of tune violin
out of here.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
“Another” training camp?

Lamp has never had his first training camp.
Be fair.....you know I meant he stays on the roster into next TC, you know that roster he has been on now for what....two plus years.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Be fair.....you know I meant he stays on the roster into next TC, you know that roster he has been on now for what....two plus years.
Yes, and hopefully we will get our final answer (good or bad) after he gets a training camp under his belt.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:24 AM
Veteran

I think anyone with eyes can see we need help at both guard positions and at right tackle.

If Telesco goes status quo on any of those 3 spots, then Telesco needs to go. Feeney and Tevi both gave up 8 sacks by the themselves each, along with countless QB hits and hurries. Schofield isn't far behind them.

Lamb (that's his name until proven otherwise) has been a huge disappointment. Regardless of practicing fully and being completely cleared medically, he only dressed out twice in 18 games this season.

If you're not better than Feeney, Schofield, or Tevi... then that is more than concerning. Especially when you were the 38th player selected in the 2017 NFL draft.

Regardless... I fully expect TT to infuse a ton of talent into that position group, including FA's and draft picks. If Lamb earns a starting position, then all the better, but I have no reason to count on that and neither should TT.