Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2019, 02:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Telesco says the line played well for 13 weeks. Didnít play well the last 3 weeks of the season, played well in Baltimore and nobody on the whole team played well in NE.

He seems much more focused on LB
Exactly. TT went into detail about the line not being broken.

We ran the ball well, with several RBs. There were few sacks. It was clear that Pouncey dropped off, affecting others.

Tevi. Trent Scott. Forrest Lamp to the rescue. Hot damn.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:34 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post

We ran the ball well, with several RBs. There were few sacks. It was clear that Pouncey dropped off, affecting others.

Hot damn indeed, sir...............

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:35 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Right.....

Not a chance in hell I think TT believes that.
That is H-E-Double Hockey Sticks, eh ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Don't mess con TT. Unless he's playing poker. He's the best I've seen outside the pro circuit. He mentioned Lamp at guard. Hope he has a great off season and is health free during summer camp.

Lamp to shine light next season replacing Fenney @ guard? Stay tuned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post

Last edited by ltinabottle; 01-18-2019 at 07:17 AM..
Old 01-18-2019, 08:30 AM
I be humbolt

I like Rivers, but I have my doubts about his ability to stand up to the pressure of big games. He loses his composure when things don't go right. He doesn't seem to have matured out of that.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:38 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
They picked up Okung and Pouncey in FA. There's still the issue of the guards. Hopefully Lamp can play up to his draft status and be a rock at RG or LG. We should still try to find a tackle or another guard in the first three rounds at least.
TT's draft history has been fantastic of late... but along the OL?... Not so good. I think they should seriously consider whether their is another OL coach out there that could improve the unit as a whole.... but I think Tevi is a solid backup... not a good starter. The OGs are average at best. Pouncey is a stud... hopefully he stays healthy again in 2019... And Okung is getting long in the tooth. It would be fantastic to get a young stud OT in the draft to play RT in 2019... w/ an eye towards moving to LT when Okung goes the way of the Dodo. I still hold out a bit of hope that Lamp will finally make his presence felt next year. If not, he is TTs biggest bust of a pick.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown Bolt View Post
I like Rivers, but I have my doubts about his ability to stand up to the pressure of big games. He loses his composure when things don't go right. He doesn't seem to have matured out of that.
Mmmm... I can kind of see where you are coming from... but I think you are picking a choosing a bit here. The Pitt and KC road games on National TV were high pressure games for sure... things didn't go well in the 1st half.... yet he took the team on his shoulders and led two epic comebacks... It seems to me that PR performs poorly when his OL does not give him time to get through his progressions. I can't count how many times I have seen Brady or Brees struggle when their OL is getting mauled. Of course, people just forget about those instances because they have rings. I am a bit tired of the QB being considered as the main reason why a team wins a ring or not. PR is now 0-9 against Brady?.... No... the Chargers are 0-9 against the Patriots when PR and Brady are at the helm... PR has had better numbers in several of these games... he was certainly not the reason why we lost in 2006. Brady through a couple of picks in that game... the last one should have sealed the deal... enter MM (I can't write his name down... it hurts too much). He also played on one leg against Brady the following season in the AFC Championship Game... the one where he did not have Gates or LT. Finally, when you consider the coaches, Ds, RBs and OLs PR has had compared to who Brady had between 2008 and 2017... it becomes quite obnoxious that it all be laid at PRs feet. He is certainly not perfect.... but I don't think he is the reason why the team has not one the big one.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 01-18-2019, 09:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Take Rivers off of this roster and you have whom playing QB ? Let that sink in a bit folks..... Franchise QB hunt would be on, and it could go on for years and years. If it was easy, Elway would have sold his mom already.....

Old 01-18-2019, 10:10 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Take Rivers off of this roster and you have whom playing QB ? Let that sink in a bit folks..... Franchise QB hunt would be on, and it could go on for years and years. If it was easy, Elway would have sold his mom already.....
That just earned a POTD Nomination.

Donkey slaps will get you that.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Beautiful. I want Rivers here for many more years, 5 at least. Seems Brees and Brady are doing just fine and Rivers is getting better. Don't fix something that isn't broken. We don't need a Kirk Cousins disaster. We have many more pressing needs.
5 more years would be nice if he can keep playing at a good level. Hope I'm wrong but I just have a gut feeling he won't be here more than 2.