Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 73,242
Default Congratulations, Denver!

One heck of a game.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
chilli ring chilli ring is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: huntington beach
Posts: 1,577
Default

Defense wins championships!

many teams will try to copy Seattle's blueprint.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 PM
The truth The truth is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 2,129
Default

Most enjoyable Superbowl EVER! Congrats Seachickens on first Lombardi!

That was a legacy changing bad performance by Manning hope it sends him to Retirement defeated and humiliated a shell of his former lucky self and that he gets talked about as a choke artist for eternity.

Best ever? No

Last edited by The truth; 02-02-2014 at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM
ktmjim ktmjim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The truth View Post
That was a legacy changing bad performance by Manning hope it sends him to Retirement defeated and humiliated a shell of his former lucky self and that he gets talked about as a choke artist for eternity.

Best ever? No
Everybody wants to bury manning and label him a choke artist but what he did this year was incredible. He was able to match Tim Tebows denver playoff winning percentage at .500. Granted he took two years to do what Tebow did in one and he has yet to win on the road like Tebow did but what an accomplishment that will go down in the denver record books forever!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2014, 03:57 PM
dtm's Avatar
dtm dtm is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: orange
Posts: 4,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The truth View Post
Most enjoyable Superbowl EVER! Congrats Seachickens on first Lombardi!

That was a legacy changing bad performance by Manning hope it sends him to Retirement defeated and humiliated a shell of his former lucky self and that he gets talked about as a choke artist for eternity.

Best ever? No
if u run for president i'll vote for you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 26,526
Default

The last two seasons have ended in ways that will haunt the Broncos and their fans forever. They will never, ever win any more Super Bowls. Peyton Manning, John Elway, you really need to think about your futures. Peyton's calling is in T.V. commercials. Elway, it's time to sell cars.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Greedy Donnie's Avatar
Greedy Donnie Greedy Donnie is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Buckeye
Posts: 98
Default

Congrats Seattle, really happy for them to get their first...especially defeating Denver and after getting jobbed against the Steelers.

Once again defense wins the championship. Defense can score you points, but offense cannot take points away from your opponent.
Kurt Warner and the Rams got to the game twice. Brees and Rodgers once, Brady hasn't won one in 9 years because they don't have the defense they had when they won 3. Peyton is now 1-2.

Give me a LT then a few interior lineman later in the draft....then D the rest of the way in the offseason.

Last edited by Greedy Donnie; 02-02-2014 at 10:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
chilli ring chilli ring is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: huntington beach
Posts: 1,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy Donnie View Post
Congrats Seattle, really happy for them to get their first...especially defeating Denver and after getting jobbed against the Steelers.

Once again defense wins the championship. Defense can score you points, but offense cannot take points away from your opponent.
Kurt Warner and the Rams got to the game twice. Brees and Rodgers once, Brady hasn't won one in 9 years because they don't have the defense they had when they won 3. Peyton is now 1-2.

Give me a LT and a few interior lineman later in the draft....then D the rest of the way in the offseason.
a few minor tweeks aside, I think our offense is good enough. with that said, i think our draft should focus on the D side of the ball.

Denver's receivers were neutralized today by a great secondary. Something we should try and copy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2014, 08:17 PM
flwelshman's Avatar
flwelshman flwelshman is offline
Paradise is on the left.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Beach Gardens
Posts: 6,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli ring View Post
a few minor tweeks aside, I think our offense is good enough. with that said, i think our draft should focus on the D side of the ball.

Denver's receivers were neutralized today by a great secondary. Something we should try and copy.
While I agree with your overall view on drafting defense, you left out the fact that it was the pressure their DL put on Manning that caused him to throw those ducks that the "great secondary" of the Seahawks intercepted. We need a legitimate pass rusher before anyone we draft in our secondary looks like those Seahawk players. Ingram is a start, and he'll give us both a viable and effective threat from the SOLB position, but he's not the real answer that we need at WOLB.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2014, 08:43 PM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is offline
Marion Butts
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,654
Default

Congrats to Denver. After spotting the Seahawks a 36-0 lead the broncos really flipped the script and won the remainder of the game, 8-7. Good job Denver.

At least Mannings not embarrassed...even if his wr is.
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.