Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
Flacco turned down contract talks, when he was already publicly promised to be made the highest player in NFL history, to try and inflate the record number even more ?

I must admit, I wasn't aware Flacco was the highest player in the league. Wow, he must have really inflated that number, by waiting until after the SB win to start negotiations. I'm surprised he would put his team through the vice like that though, considering he already got multiple lucrative contracts out of them...
Flacco declined to talk extension before the Super Bowl season. It worked out pretty well for him as he happened to be the Super Bowl MVP. He then cleaned up.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
^ it's funny how The Moekid fails to realize this, it's almost as if he's just trolling.

Either that or his admiration for Potato Head, causes him to completely disregard common sense...
I don't care about Manning. I think it's funny that you pollyanna's would expect a guy who had never been a free agent not to explore every option. That's just naive. he ultimately chose to stay in the AFC and get paid. I
That's not wrong. At least not here in these United States.

You might have a point if he took more money to play with a bad team but the Broncos have now won the west twice and been to the Super Bowl. Hard to argue with that unless you don't like Peyton and are looking for reasons to hate.

We know chopper31 falls into that category. Who else?
Old 02-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Hall of Famer

The debate over toe injuries was more entertaining. j/k.

Last edited by woodeye2000; 02-08-2014 at 12:04 PM..
Old 02-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The debate over toe injuries was more entertaining.
Toe jam ftw
Old 02-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
You might have a point if he took more money to play with a bad team but the Broncos have now won the west twice and been to the Super Bowl.
LOL !

A degree of success vindicates a merc.

Oh, that's a good one

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
LOL !

A degree of success vindicates a merc.

Oh, that's a good one
Chopper31, is every free agent in the NFL a "merc"?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Chopper31, is every free agent in the NFL a "merc"?
Now you're making the same mistake OC did, and just defending the last move he made, in an attempt to vindicate him. His merc ways were glaring during his days with the Colts (the team that has paid him the vast majority of his millions over the years), and were not always while he was a free agent. TBH, it's probably only a matter of time until Jim Irsay gets liquored up and tweets that he flat out views Manning as a merc. He's already hinted at it with some of his previous tweets directed towards the Colts moving on from him.

If you really want to believe that he is with the Broncos because they are an AFC team that houses one of his idols, gave him the best chance to win a championship and just by coincidence happened to be the highest bidder, more power to you

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...

Last edited by chopper31; 02-09-2014 at 05:59 AM..
Old 02-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Now you're making the same mistake OC did, and just defending the last move he made, in an attempt to vindicate him. His merc ways were glaring during his days with the Colts (the team that has paid him the vast majority of his millions over the years), and were not always while he was a free agent. TBH, it's probably only a matter of time until Jim Irsay gets liquored up and tweets that he flat out views Manning as a merc. He's already hinted at it with some of his previous tweets directed towards the Colts moving on from him.

If you really want to believe that he is with the Broncos because they are an AFC team that houses one of his idols, gave him the best chance to win a championship and just by coincidence happened to be the highest bidder, more power to you
no mistake. i'm sure manning, like every nfl free agent, had a list of priorities when looking at teams. that's what people do when they change jobs. money, afc, chances of winning, front office, receivers were probably all on the list. denver checked the most boxes on his list.

you should stick to hating peyton because he chokes in big games. you have a better argument there. this whole "merc" thing is just naive and that label doesn't work in the nfl. by the way, there's no santa claus.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
The two teams he seriously considered were the cards and the broncos. The cards are an NFC team. Why is he considering them? The cards dropped out. In the end the "finalists" were the titans the broncos and the 49ers. Why the 49ers? They are an NFC team. He had interest from other afc teams. Why is he trolling NFC facilities if he wants to stay in the afc.

That link is 9 days before he signed with Denver. That's not very very early.

Obviously manning and his camp are going to have some hokey reason on why he chose the broncos. He's not gonna say, Denver won my services by entering the highest bid.

If he chose sf it would be to go to a real contender
Arizona. He just loves whiz
Tennessee. Where I went to college.

Bottom line, he could've chosen the colts. That's the team he allegedly wanted to be with. He just had to restructure his contract. Manning refused.
Be should of went to the 49ers, he could of had 2 more rings by now with that defense, run game and O-line.

I got 1 pick right 😂😂😂, Nnadi in the 2nd would have been really good.

1. Derwin James PLAYMAKER
2. Derrick Nnadi DT
3. Rashaad Penny RB
4. Jerome Baker LB
5. Josh Swest DE
6. Shaquem Griffin LB
7. Korey Robertson WR
Old 02-09-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully-Charged View Post
Be should of went to the 49ers, he could of had 2 more rings by now with that defense, run game and O-line.
He doesnt care about rings, he cares about his bank account and that is his prerogative. That also should count against him when discussing "best qb" imo.