Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Rookie

Default 2013 NFL Mock Draft (Complete 1st Round)

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith QB, West Virginia - I don't see them going anywhere but QB here. New head coach IMO, so new QB.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State - Werner has become an elite prospect and reminds me of Chris Long. Jacksonville needs a QB, but will wait till Round 2.
3. Oakland Raiders - Star Lotulelei DT, Utah - Need to add an elite prospect to take over for the lazy Tommy Kelly. Oakland will flirt with Te'o, but will settle on adding an elite DT.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Demarcus Milliner CB, Alabama - Milliner is a truly amazing defensive prospect. Still raw but learned under the best (Saban). Philadelphia's corners have been horrendous and both will probably be gone. Boykin is a solid prospect, but Milliner adds something that has lacked on the Eagles defense.
5. Detroit Lions - Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia - Yet again, the Lions will flirt with Te'o, but will instead take Jones to come in and be the Von Miller of Detroit.
6. San Diego Chargers - Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M - This one is a no brainer. Joeckel is the best tackle prospect to come up in years. Will become an instant starter and protect River's blindside for years to come.
7. Cleveland Browns - Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame - Jackson will move to his more natural position (WLB) and Te'o will continue to add to a young, promising Cleveland defense.
8. Buffalo Bills - Demontre Moore DE, Texas A&M - Williams has come on strong, but the Bills need someone at RDE to put pressure on the QB. Mark Anderson has been nonexistent due to injuries.
9. Tennessee Titans - Barkevious Mingo DE, LSU - Titans need more pressure on the QB and as far as raw talent, Mingo is the most intriguing DE prospect in the draft.
10. Carolina Panthers - Jonathan Hawkins DT, Ohio State - The Panthers will reach for a DT to help sure up their defensive line with talent players on the outside in Johnson and Hardy with Kuechly behind him.
11. Arizona Cardinals - Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan - Wanted to mock Barkley here due to Arizona's dire need for a QB, but the only thing worse than their QB
play is the OL. They will wait till the 2nd to get their QB or add one through a trade (i.e. Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins).
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jonathan Banks CB, Mississippi State - Tampa Bay needs a young corner after trading Talib. Their secondary has been atrocious as of late.
13. Miami Dolphins - Terrance Williams WR, Baylor - I thought about Eric Fisher here, but WR makes too much sense. Dolphins need a true #1 receiver for young Tannehill.
14 New York Jets - Matt Barkely QB, USC - This is my one iffy. This really depends on if they can deal Sanchez. If they do, then look for them to sign Michael Vick and draft another USC QB, but do it right this go around.
15. New Orleans Saints - Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri - Sedrick Ellis has not lived up to first round hype and they need an upgrade next to Bunkley.
16. St. Louis Rams - Chance Warmack OG, Alabama - St. Louis gets a steal here due to Warmack's position. Second best OL prospect in the draft. Much better than DeCastro was last year.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dion Jordan OLB, Oregon - Pittsburgh loves their OLBs and Harrison's play has declined. Alec Ogletree another option.
18. Dallas Cowboys - John Jenkins DT, Georgia - Jay Ratliffe has not gotten along is Dallas lately. They need a big bodied DL in there anyways and if they can mend things with Jay, he can be moved to DT or DE.
19. New York Giants - Ezekial Ansah DE, BYU - With the decline of Justin Tuck and the fact that Osi is a FA, look for Tomlin to add another athletic freak at DE. I love his motor.
20. Chicago Bears - Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan - The Bear's offensive line is just awful, they will almost certainly look OT in the first. Carami has been a bust thus far.
21. Minnesota Vikings - Jesse Williams DT, Alabama - Vikings need a dominate DT after this last Williams has declined for them.
22. Cincinnati Bengals - Alec Ogletree LB, Georgia - I believe Rey is out, Burfict will move to MLB and the Bengals will draft Ogletree to sure up their line backing core.
23. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vacarro S, Texas - Rams need a safety bad, and Vacarro is the top prospect at the position IMO. Elam could be a more intriguing option.
24. Seattle Seahawks - Keenan Allen WR, California - Sidney Rice has been a bust due to injuries and Golden Tate is coming along very slowly. Russell Wilson needs a young, #1 receiver. Allen's stock has fallen, but he fits just that.
25. Indianapolis Colts - Barrett Jones OG, Alabama - The Colts will look to continue to build around Luck and protect their once in a lifetime QB.
26. Baltimore Ravens - David Amerson CB, NC State - Cary Williams will be gone and Webb is coming off a bad ACL injury. Jimmy Smith hasn't shown he is worthy of a starting job so the Ravens could take Amerson to add to the position.
27. Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert TE, Notre Dame - Finley will be gone so Rodgers will need a new TE (sure will be nice for him to have one that can catch). Eifert is the top TE in the draft IMO.
28. New England Patriots - Eric Reid S, LSU - McCourty has been serviceable at safety but with Chung going down and the Patriots not having many needs, safety should be a top priority.
29. San Francisco 49ers - Sam Montgomery OLB, LSU - The 49ers need depth at OLB and Montgomery would even be a major upgrade to a solid, but aging Ahmad Brooks.
30. Denver Broncos - Kawann Short DT, Purdue - Denver needs help at DT, and Short is another intriguing prospect. Justin Bannan is getting too old to contribute at a high level.
31. Houston Texans - Cordaelle Patterson WR, Tennessee - Patterson is my favorite wide receiver prospects but people will worry about him being a one hit wonder. He falls to Houston and they get a steal.
32. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M- Matthews falls after evaluation of other prospects but he will be an upgrade to a struggling Tyson Clabo this year for Altlanta.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Hall of Famer

The Bolts would be quite happy to get their LT, and the best one at that.....but my bet is they don't pick sixth.

GO BOLTS !
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 PM
City of Smog and Angels

Luke Joeckel?

10/10 Mock Draft.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Hall of Famer

I love the draft. There are so many unknowns. Who will rise and fall and who will come out early and who will stay in school?

Joeckel will likely be taken in the top 3...my guess is by the Eagles. Damonte Moore might go in the top 5. If we end up with a pick in the #5 to #8 range, things could get very interesting for our new GM and he'll have some tough decisions to make.

I'd love to draft Joeckel but Lewan, Matthews and Fisher seem more realistic possibilities.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Shock and Awe

I honestly don't see the Joeckel top 3 hype. Is he good? Ya. But "the best prospect in years top 3 lock?". No.
3. Christian Westerman - OG/C - Arizona State
4. Dean Lowry - 34DE - Northwestern
5. Robby Anderson - WR - Temple
6a. Jatavis Brown - ILB - Akron
6b. Victor Ochi - 34OLB - Stony Brook
7. Darrell Greene - OG - San Diego State
Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Green text is the worst

I'm perturbed by the last pick. Tyson Clabo has been one of the best right tackles in football this season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Shock and Awe

Also: Sheldon Richardson>Hankins
Old 12-21-2012, 09:30 PM
All-Pro

Geno will not go #1
Old 12-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Green text is the worst

Sterling analysis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Sterling analysis.
I'm grading papers here. Why don't you inform the draft board on why Richardson is better than Hankins?