Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Default The Chargers 2013 1st round pick will be.....

Since it looks as though we may pick in the top ten it's most likely going to be one of these guys:

OT L. Joeckel or T. Lewan. OT is the obvious need and both of these guys would definitely help us.

CB Millner. We can use a really good CB due to Jammer and Cason both requiring contracts and we don't yet know how Wright/Gilgchist will work out.

DE/OLB Werner, Moore, Mingo, Jones* Still somewhat lacking in the pass rush and we may lose Phillips and Barnes. This position maybe more of a need than we think. English is likely gone so we're getting real short real fast here.

DT/NT Lotulelei, We have other needs but this kind of guy can anchor the middle of our line for years to come. If we're staying with the 3/4 this would be a very solid choice.

Ilb Teo, Spikes may retire and he's not the long term answer. Don't see another starting Ilb that is well rounded, Williams being the closest thing.

OG Warmack, Last on the list for a good reason. OGs usually are not taken in the top 10. He'd have to be awfully good to be considered. It's probably not going to happen but if all other options are off the table we could do worse.

I think going is a different direction may be quite foolish unless we have big plans in the FA market.

* Denotes injury concern.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Green text is the worst

Joeckel is obviously the dream.

Lotulelei and Werner would be excellent consolations due to value.

Trading down for Lewan or Fisher would be a fine move if the above three are all gone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Rookie

I know an OLB would be great value in the second but if Jesse Williams was there, he would be hard to pass up.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Rookie

Sorry, that comment was a little off topic for this thread but I was just thinking out loud if we could get Joeckel in the first and sure up the offensive line.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Hall of Famer

I keep looking at it, and i think that Ezekiel Ansah could be a real contender as a top 10 pick, like what happened to Aldon Smith. He's got that type of ability, and would be a good fit, with his story for Dean and potential to get after the QB.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
I keep looking at it, and i think that Ezekiel Ansah could be a real contender as a top 10 pick, like what happened to Aldon Smith. He's got that type of ability, and would be a good fit, with his story for Dean and potential to get after the QB.
Absolutely agree. With Osi being a FA and the decline of Justin Tuck, the farthest Ansah falls is the Giants.. The absolute farthest.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
Absolutely agree. With Osi being a FA and the decline of Justin Tuck, the farthest Ansah falls is the Giants.. The absolute farthest.
Thing that shocks me is his motor. It may be because he doesn't have the Ego of the star recruits that normally have his ability or what, but you see him on the screed on the end of the play at every pass play, because once he's done rushing the passer, he turns around, and sprints towards the ball.

And his instincts to find the ball are incredible. He's always sniffing out screens, and scraping down the line for run plays.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
Thing that shocks me is his motor. It may be because he doesn't have the Ego of the star recruits that normally have his ability or what, but you see him on the screed on the end of the play at every pass play, because once he's done rushing the passer, he turns around, and sprints towards the ball.

And his instincts to find the ball are incredible. He's always sniffing out screens, and scraping down the line for run plays.
Wish there was some way the Chargers could trade back into the tail end of the first to get him. Man, if Joeckel fell in our laps and then we traded maybe our 2nd and 4th to move up and get Ansah at the end of the first and then got Shayne Skov in the third.. Guys, I might just cry.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
Wish there was some way the Chargers could trade back into the tail end of the first to get him. Man, if Joeckel fell in our laps and then we traded maybe our 2nd and 4th to move up and get Ansah at the end of the first and then got Shayne Skov in the third.. Guys, I might just cry.
look at my mock
only can dream jajaja
3 rb nick chubb or royce freeman
4 ilb malik jefferson/shaqueem griffin
5 nt harrison philips
6 te troy fumagalli
7 k eddy pineiro
7 qb jt barret
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgecasasSD View Post
look at my mock
only can dream jajaja
If that happens.. I would cry!! But I don't see that at all!