Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Is Chase Thomas the Stanford guy we are watching? Dude is clowning UCLA's LT.
While I like Thomas, he strikes me as a LOLB at the next level, and not a guy who will find much success rushing against left tackles. He doesn't have much burst off the line. Good prospect, but not the pass rusher we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Diego View Post
1. Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

2. Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

3. Oday Aboushi OT Virginia /Denard Robinson ATH Michigan

This is what I am thinking. Have no clue where Denard Robinson is going but he would be a quality pick up to be a running back/utility guy, has great speed and versatility.
Ball is overrated. I don't trust backs from systems like Wisconsin's. And Aboushi is a fringe first round pick IMO, not a third rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMelHo View Post
I just want to throw this out there, but would anybody not mind getting Stepfan Taylor to compete with Mathews for the RB spot since Mathews is injury and fumble prone. Every Cardinals game I watch, I become more of a fan of this guy.
Taylor is a solid back, but we've seen guys flourish in Stanford's system who aren't really spectacular at the next level (Gerhart). If you want a guy to come in and compete with Mathews, I think Gillislee's a better fit. He has low mileage, a good size/speed combo, and great vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolting Xero View Post
Ok, would you recommend us trading back at some point in the draft?
I hope we don't trade back in the first, because this team needs quality, not quantity. We need one of the top OT's, or a really good pass rusher. But whether or not we trade back in a later round I have no clue or inclination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFaiderHater View Post
I dunno, if we get much worse, I would honestly not be opposed to going with the Manti Te'o number 1. could you imagine him and Butler in the middle.
Te'o belongs in a 4-3. And, though I have great respect for him as a great player, inside linebackers just aren't premium commodities in the NFL. They're like guards... you can get really good ones outside of the first round (Butler being a prime example), so why spend your top picks on one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
It's payback time for the Chargers as they should surrender a 3rd or 4th round pick to the Seahawk for Matt Flynn. We fleeced them a couple of years ago for Whitehurst it's time to pay it back a little. This team cant afford to wait for a rookie QB to develop. Flynn is the perfect candidate to fill the gap to the next drafted franchise QB.
Rivers has been one of the three most pressured QB's all season. He's playing behind Mike Harris and Jeromey Clary at OT. He got sacked six times tonight. You want us to trade away picks for another QB (who hasn't done a 10th of what Rivers has in this league) and put him behind this line? As if that's going to change anything?

We need to fix the offense around Rivers this offseason (by using our draft picks on the line and other issues... not Matt Flynn). Then we'll know if PR is done of if he just needed help. I don't see how anyone can be expected to succeed behind this mess A.J. has created.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Draft This Man

Normally, I wouldn't trust Wisconsin RBs, but Ball is different. He's not just a product of the line, he has excellent vision. Not going to be amazing, but in the right system, he could be really good.

Gerhart was a decent athlete, but he was an awkward runner IMO. Taylor is kind of like Gore (saw the comparison elsewhere, I liked it)

And I don't know why people think we should just throw Rivers away.

sean of BSX
Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
Normally, I wouldn't trust Wisconsin RBs, but Ball is different. He's not just a product of the line, he has excellent vision. Not going to be amazing, but in the right system, he could be really good.

Gerhart was a decent athlete, but he was an awkward runner IMO. Taylor is kind of like Gore (saw the comparison elsewhere, I liked it)

And I don't know why people think we should just throw Rivers away.
Still prefer Gillislee to both.

And it's because they are frustrated and take that bull-pucky "QB is responsible regardless of how the team is playing" attitude.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Shock and Awe

Gillislee pl0z if still available in 3rd.
3. Christian Westerman - OG/C - Arizona State
4. Dean Lowry - 34DE - Northwestern
5. Robby Anderson - WR - Temple
6a. Jatavis Brown - ILB - Akron
6b. Victor Ochi - 34OLB - Stony Brook
7. Darrell Greene - OG - San Diego State
Old 11-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Can you guys check out the mock in my sig? I feel like I may be reaching a bit with some of these players like with Wreh-wilson, but I have a feeling he will have a really bad showing at the combine which may cause him to drop. Do you guys think Jarvis Jones could drop to the second because of health concerns?

Meh
Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Draft This Man

That draft is pretty dang optimistic on getting Lewan and Barr. Barr is the type of guy who should explode at the combine and oozes raw potential that makes him a huge draft pick.

Jones, it all depends. Spinal stenosis is really really bad, but he's too good.

sean of BSX
Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
That draft is pretty dang optimistic on getting Lewan and Barr. Barr is the type of guy who should explode at the combine and oozes raw potential that makes him a huge draft pick.

Jones, it all depends. Spinal stenosis is really really bad, but he's too good.
Yeah I kinda figure Barr will sky rocket, but at least there SHOULD be a decent pass rusher there. I'm kinda hoping Jones falls ala Bowers a couple drafts back. Thanks for the feedback, man.

Meh
Old 11-26-2012, 06:40 AM
Hall of Famer

We'll have the most volatility this offseason at CB and OT. Lots of free agent players at those positions and we'll have to see what management (be it AJ or a new GM) think about resigning Cason, Jammer, Vasquez, Green and others. Free agency will impact our draft and we'll have to cut some underperforming players.

I think English, Gaither, Clary and Royal are done here. I can see Meachem staying if we can fix our O line.

The first two picks need to be O line. We need impact players that can start. Would love to see a CB taken early as well. Not sure who to take quite yet but I've done a mock in my sig.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
Can you guys check out the mock in my sig? I feel like I may be reaching a bit with some of these players like with Wreh-wilson, but I have a feeling he will have a really bad showing at the combine which may cause him to drop. Do you guys think Jarvis Jones could drop to the second because of health concerns?
I like the first three rounds, though it may turn out that ILB or CB are bigger needs than RB when draft day actually arrives. I don't think it's completely unrealistic to mock Barr in the 2nd. He's very raw and if he comes out, there will be concern over the "one year wonder" stigma. Also it looks like our picks will be quite high in each round, so he wouldn't have to fall very far (maybe just about to where Branch did this last year). Definitely could get into the first, but I don't see how anywhere can make a really strong case either way... there are legitimate things to consider on both sides of the argument.