Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMelHo View Post
Doesn't matter. The only reason to crack the top 10 was for Joeckel, Milliner or maybe Teo.
Milliner? Come On Man! He's no shutdown CB. If you're not a potential shutdown CB, I'm not wasting a top 10 pick on you unless CB is the ONLY position of weakness I have...and I'd probably still pass. I'd only look at him from 12 on. Before that, he's not worth it, but I agree that too many people think like you, including NFL teams who seem to use the Sporting News as their draft bible so someone will probably overdraft him. I realize the league is changing to a passing game and CBs have become more valuable, but this guy is not at top 10 talent, IMHO. To go top 10 as a CB, to me you have to be special, and I don't see anything special about him. He's solid, and that's all I can say, but not special.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:14 AM
昇龍拳 Shōryūken

If the draft were to start today we'd have the 10th pick. A win over the Raiders means we're in the 12th through 15th range.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
If the draft were to start today we'd have the 10th pick. A win over the Raiders means we're in the 12th through 15th range.
San Diego, as it stands now, has a .471 SOS, tied for fourth worst in the league. The SOS will drop to anywhere between .469 and .453 this Sunday after it faces the Raiders in the season finale.

With such poor schedule strength, the Chargers (6-9) will win any possible tiebreaker for draft order.

If they lose Sunday to the Raiders, they will own a first-round pick as high as No. 6 overall and low as No. 10. For every win by the Bills, Browns, Titans and Cardinals, the Chargers' draft order would improve by one slot from 10.

If they beat the Raiders, they will own between the No. 10 and No. 13 selection. San Diego's draft spot, from 13, would improve by one spot with every Buccaneers, Jets or Panthers win.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:31 AM
昇龍拳 Shōryūken

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoFan6336 View Post
San Diego, as it stands now, has a .471 SOS, tied for fourth worst in the league. The SOS will drop to anywhere between .469 and .453 this Sunday after it faces the Raiders in the season finale.

With such poor schedule strength, the Chargers (6-9) will win any possible tiebreaker for draft order.

If they lose Sunday to the Raiders, they will own a first-round pick as high as No. 6 overall and low as No. 10. For every win by the Bills, Browns, Titans and Cardinals, the Chargers' draft order would improve by one slot from 10.

If they beat the Raiders, they will own between the No. 10 and No. 13 selection. San Diego's draft spot, from 13, would improve by one spot with every Buccaneers, Jets or Panthers win.
Well I know who I'm rooting for this weekend.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Veteran

Well the good news is Carolina has already beaten NO and the Jets have already beaten Buffalo. Hopefully both can do it again! Atlanta has already clinched #1 seed and may not play starters so TB has chance!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellidro View Post
Well the good news is Carolina has already beaten NO and the Jets have already beaten Buffalo. Hopefully both can do it again! Atlanta has already clinched #1 seed and may not play starters so TB has chance!
All those games will be at the 10 am PST slot so we'll find out the results before our game kicks off. It would feel good for a few hours to watch our team beat the Raiders...though I'd rather have the earlier draft spot.

There is a lot on the line this wekeend around the league. We won't be in the postseason but we'll have plenty ot talk about in January This is building to being the most interesting offseason we've had in a VERY long time.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Hall of Famer

I know some people dont agree with this but I hope lose this weekend even though I know it wont happen
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
I know some people dont agree with this but I hope lose this weekend even though I know it wont happen
I only agree with this logic when we're playing meaningless games late in the season and we're out of playoff contention. So...I agree with you.

Beating the Raiders is always awesome but I'd rather draft 5 to 7 slots higher in the 1st round. Sunday's game IMO will be a win-win. If we win Sunday, we'll finish 2nd in the AFC West for the 3rd year in a row (after finishing 1st the 3 seasons prior to that).
Old 12-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andocug View Post
I only agree with this logic when we're playing meaningless games late in the season and we're out of playoff contention. So...I agree with you.

Beating the Raiders is always awesome but I'd rather draft 5 to 7 slots higher in the 1st round. Sunday's game IMO will be a win-win. If we win Sunday, we'll finish 2nd in the AFC West for the 3rd year in a row (after finishing 1st the 3 seasons prior to that).
Yeah I tend to go a little farther than most on when I think we should lose but I am glad there are some people who understand.

We have a range of 6 to 13 depending on the outcome of this weeks game. That is a huge difference and if losing to the Raiders gets us a higher pick than yeah i hope we lose
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoFan6336 View Post

Well done. Thanks for this.