Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Veteran

Default Long island charger bar!!!!!!!

OK Long Island Bolts Fans, we have negotiated with a bar on Long Island's South Shore (that's right! You can come straight from the beach to this place and watch our Chargers beat the Ravens next week). The bar is called The Garage. It's on Montauk Highway in Bayport (Suffolk County). The owner promises to have the Chargers game on one of the big Flat-Screen HD TVs both tonight at 10:15pm, and again next Sunday afternoon at 4:15pm.

If we show enough support (in other words if lots of us Charger fans show up, spend money, eat wings, drink booze) he said that we could possibly turn this place into our Charger fan headquarters for the season!!!

So, the plan is to go to the beach next Sunday (Hamptons, Smith Point, and Robert Moses are all pretty close to this place) and after a day of suntanning- head to The Garage in Bayport in all our Charger gear (wear your Bolts jerseys, hats, etc.) for the 4:15 kickoff versus the Ravens.

See you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Hall of Famer

now do you have to ask for a long island ice tea there. Or just an ice tea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM

awesome, the recruitment begins.

Dude, you should have them or you contact a Bar here in San Diego at the beach and have them become thier "Sister" or "brother" bar here in San Diego I do know a few places in Manhattan that have relations with bars here in San Diego (Irish bars do that).

Creates a relationship that people actually use when they travel coast to coast.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
like a jungle sometimes

Default wow, that's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockpete View Post
OK Long Island Bolts Fans, we have negotiated with a bar on Long Island's South Shore (that's right! You can come straight from the beach to this place and watch our Chargers beat the Ravens next week). The bar is called The Garage. It's on Montauk Highway in Bayport (Suffolk County). The owner promises to have the Chargers game on one of the big Flat-Screen HD TVs both tonight at 10:15pm, and again next Sunday afternoon at 4:15pm.

If we show enough support (in other words if lots of us Charger fans show up, spend money, eat wings, drink booze) he said that we could possibly turn this place into our Charger fan headquarters for the season!!!

So, the plan is to go to the beach next Sunday (Hamptons, Smith Point, and Robert Moses are all pretty close to this place) and after a day of suntanning- head to The Garage in Bayport in all our Charger gear (wear your Bolts jerseys, hats, etc.) for the 4:15 kickoff versus the Ravens.

Usually, people leave the East Coast to live in SD. I'll remember that if I ever return to NYC.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Hall of Famer

That's good stuff right there. Good job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:09 PM
All-Pro

Well I can't go to The Gararge this weekend but I grew up on the east end of Sayville (Lowell Rd.) about 1/2 mile from Bayport and couldn't let this pass without noting. Nice to hear my former brothers and sisters back home are Charger fans. I moved to San Diego in 1977, went to my first Charger game 2 weeks later (San Diego 12, Oakland 7) and became a fan for life.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Veteran

BobBop-

Wow! I live in Sayville now. Just moved from Babylon 3 weeks ago. About a half mile north of the LIRR station off Lakeland Ave.

Anybody else joining us this coming Sunday to watch us beat the Ravens??? Come On, my immediate group of 12 cannot be the only Chargers fans on LI.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChargeHer View Post
now do you have to ask for a long island ice tea there. Or just an ice tea

Actually, even here on Long Island we still call it a Long Island Iced Tea.

But that was an interesting question, my friend
Old 09-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post
awesome, the recruitment begins.

Dude, you should have them or you contact a Bar here in San Diego at the beach and have them become thier "Sister" or "brother" bar here in San Diego I do know a few places in Manhattan that have relations with bars here in San Diego (Irish bars do that).

Creates a relationship that people actually use when they travel coast to coast.

Any recommended bar that we could partner up with in San Diego?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Veteran

So, the plan is to go to the beach tomorrow- it's supposed to be a nice 78 degree sunny day (Hamptons, Smith Point, and Robert Moses are all pretty close to this place) and after a day of suntanning- head to The Garage in Bayport in all our Charger gear (wear your Bolts jerseys, hats, etc.) for the 4:15 kickoff versus the Ravens.