Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2019, 07:12 PM
& ramblin' man

Default 2019 Draft: MLB/MIKE.... (who do you like ?)

so Chargeroo and some others (Mr. Telesco ?) are saying "give me a MIKE."

are we looking for a backup to Denzel or is it good bye to Mr. Perryman ??

and most agree that there are three first round talents @LB.... Devin White, Mack Wilson and Devin Bush (not an MLB/can't shed blocks), two of which are MLBs.... who's the fourth that will inevitably press the issue @LB, and is he an ILB ??

who is in that second tier for you.... Te'von Coney, Germaine Pratt, and/or.... ??

plenty of peoples have made mention of Tyrell Dodson.... who is Titus Davis ?? who is Josiah Tauaefa ?? Ö.who else is out there and worthy of consideration ??

or do we just move Melvin in the middle and call it a day ??
Old 01-23-2019, 08:34 PM
All-Pro

Iím hearing a lot of LB Terrill Hanks these days..
Old 01-23-2019, 09:42 PM
Hall of Famer

I like Te'von Coney in the late 2nd... depending on who else is still on the board. If we decide to re-sign Perryman (for reasonable price) there are some later round ILB's I like too. Dakota Allen (4th) Tyrell Dodson (5th) Tre Watson (6th) and Gary Johnson (7th).
Old 01-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
I like Te'von Coney in the late 2nd... depending on who else is still on the board. If we decide to re-sign Perryman (for reasonable price) there are some later round ILB's I like too. Dakota Allen (4th) Tyrell Dodson (5th) Tre Watson (6th) and Gary Johnson (7th).
IMV Coney us not very athletic,
when you go beyond the straight line speed.

Mack Wilson has an issue or two, but does have the explosion.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:31 AM
& ramblin' man

think Coney makes the most sense practically speaking, albeit am less than excited to bring him in as a Charger.... he is a SAM that can play the MIKE, can play the run and handle coverage, and.... is from Notre Dame.

do think Terrill Hanks is worthy of consideration, albeit don't think he's an MLB.

personally the guys I like are on the obscure side.... Titus Davis, Josiah Tauaefa and Nate Hall, are all guys I'm still learning about, albeit do like what I know of them to date.

atm really don't see anyone that I would really be excited 'bout drafting, and looks more like a need pick atm.... not how I like to go about our biz in the draft.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBolts View Post
Iím hearing a lot of LB Terrill Hanks these days..
Nice call LetsGoBolts. It's too hard to completely cut ties with Perryman. He's so good when he's healthy. The defense is so good when he's healthy. The real problem has been finding a back-up for Perryman. Or an ILB that can cover on passing downs... or pass rush/blitz here and there. I think Hanks is that guy. Hidden gem that could be had in the middle rounds (3rd-4th).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IgqOuB77zc
Old 01-28-2019, 07:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Nice call LetsGoBolts. It's too hard to completely cut ties with Perryman. He's so good when he's healthy. The defense is so good when he's healthy. The real problem has been finding a back-up for Perryman. Or an ILB that can cover on passing downs... or pass rush/blitz here and there. I think Hanks is that guy. Hidden gem that could be had in the middle rounds (3rd-4th).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IgqOuB77zc
From what i've read he can't cover.... have you read differently?

This is from WalterFootball:

Quote:
Hanks would fit as a Sam linebacker in a 4-3 defense or an inside linebacker in a 3-4. He is very stiff, but fast when he opens it up. Hanks can't cover for NFL passing attacks, thus he is more of a Sam. His instincts are average.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OLB.php

You guys have any links that paint a different picture? Thanks

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Old 01-28-2019, 08:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post

Your information is accurate.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post

Quote:
Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State: Hanksí agent told USA TODAY that Hanks met with all 32 teams during the course of the week. That alone is a win. But Hanks also had a game-high eight tackles in the game on top of impressing teams with his length and athleticism during practices. He looks like he will be the highest draft pick in his collegeís history (which would mean getting picked higher than the fourth round).
https://thebiglead.com/2019/01/27/6-...e-senior-bowl/
Old 01-28-2019, 09:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
After watching Hanks, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tossed out a noteworthy comparison on Day 2 of practices:

"His speed has jumped out in both of his practices this week. I see some similarities to Colts All-Pro rookie Darius Leonard in terms of production and body type. Leonard's rise began at the Senior Bowl last year, and Hanks is picking up where Leonard left off here in Mobile."

No pressure, right? It's just a comparison to one of the top rookies from the 2018 draft class.

Hanks flashed all over the field Saturday. According to KTSM 9 News' Andy Morgan, he led the South squad in tackles with eight. If the New Mexico State product wants to meet Jeremiah's lofty assessment, it must start with making stops, as Leonard led the league in solo tackles (111) in 2018.

Coming into the week relatively unknown, Hanks has generated enough buzz to move his stock into Day 2 territory. As a linebacker with experience at safety, he could land with a team that needs a second-level defender equipped to play the run and cover the pass in space.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...wl-week#slide3